x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • What are some things that could be improved?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Robo, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,
      It's been a while since I've made a post on here but I would like to ask the community that is still here: What are some things that could be improved about Mineverse? If you were in charge of this server what is something that you would do or implemented to grow the server?

I hope everyone is doing well :)

(P.S) I'm asking this in order to see what different views the community has since I'm curious to see what people would do to grow the server if they could.

2. dune

dune Active Member

"If you were in charge of this server what is something that you would do or implemented to grow the server?" "I hope everyone is doing well" Hope you are doing well as well Robo. :)

Constant updates BIG OR SMALL. However that's a bit vague, I've never hosted servers so I don't know the "strat" but I do know that the player community needs to talk with staff/admins often for things to get added. Several suggestions on forums are made but never added however it's not only the admins' fault but the players as well. Some of us do go into detail about what we want to be added, how it can be added, and why it's useful/wanted/needed.

But some of us, even me sometimes, don't go into detail about what we want and recently was told by Sando, "I will say being specific and concise is important when it comes to suggestions. If what's being suggested requires a new plugin then state so, or vice versa state what plugin to change... If your suggestion was to add /fix to Titan on OP, then state the permission node as well."(I forgot what permission node even is but when you guys read this maybe you will understand. *quick little edit*) "Minor things like that makes all the difference when it comes to crew implementing things."

I don't mind going into specific what I want heck, it could even be fun to get in calls with people and make some crazy ideas and then vote whether it should be included in the suggestion we come to make. It almost all starts with the player/community however admins as well are into the equation. Janice has told me that In-game suggestions need to be approved by crew. Now hear me out, I'm not saying Janice or Matt should be allowed to go around adding suggestions left and right because they aren't even the owner of the server but I do feel they should be able to take charge once in a while. I know she works hard and I don't see much of Matt but I know he's helpful. They should be allowed to add suggestions every once in a while and if that is too much of a "crazy" idea to be even considered then crew should be giving more attention to suggestions and stop doing the bare minimum. (Not to be rude, I say it like that only based on the fact that I see several suggestions that never get added so I apologize if "bare minimum" is a bad choice of words I don't mean it offensively.)

RECAP: I've talked about players being more specific about what they want when they type out their suggestion threads and giving admins more power/control.

Those 2 first topics I've touched on are the most important in this answer to Robo's question.

I will not start to talk about things to fix the server as they are basically suggestions I can do in my own thread and there are probably several already talking about things I want to talk about.

That is all for now I need more time to think about other things! Please let me know what you think in your replies

Edit: Janice has also said she is always forwarding crew suggestions CONSTANTLY. As well as, he is very busy and it takes time to get things done. My response: I don't mind waiting is the small thing I'd like to say everything else I think I would say is above. "forwarding crew suggestions CONSTANTLY." I want people to think about if admins should be allowed to add suggestions in on their own word due to this piece of evidence that even she has to give him suggestions and not only the players, mods, and sr.mods.

• Like Like x 3
    3. _elitecraft_

_elitecraft_ Established Member

my suggestion:add more thing in survival and aa

4. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

This might be a unpopular opinion and this is from the POV that:
      After being a regular player for so long and I have never been in a staff position it kind of sucks not knowing what to expect in the future. If I was in charge I would notify players that an update is coming and I would even drop a few hints of what the update might be to keep the community excited to play in the future. To keep the surprise effect of the update they could drop light hints of what the update might be and confirm they are working on something.

P.S. I think that Crew is the person that says what to work on and he also tells the staff not to tell ANYBODY about it so it's not their fault so don't put this on them

5. Tonya

Tonya Well-Known Member

We need more constant updates. The changelog on forums is seriously slowing down and this results in players losing interest, for there is nothing new to keep the spark of this server ignited. I find that Crew needs to listen more to what the players are asking for, such as an infection revamp, new maps, etc.

6. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

This is interesting thanks. If admins were able to add suggestions would seriously change the pace of updates.

7. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Suggestions actually being implemented

8. dune

dune Active Member

I know its very interesting I'm praying they do smth about this It's legit the only thing holding the server back

YOU TELL THEM ATOM #ATOM FOR ADMIN #AA

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2021