x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Not Implemented Update the forums?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BDON33, Jul 2, 2020.

?

Should MV update it's forums?

1. Yes. Xenforo 2.0 is way better

2. Nah. Leave it as it is. It's fine.

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. BDON33

BDON33 Experienced Member

So, MV forums run on Xenforo. Xenforo has a newer version - Xenforo 2.0. It visually looks much better and has some new features. I think it would be great if Mineverse updates to Xenforo 2.0 to implement these new features that have come with Xenforo 2.0.
      What do you guys think?

• Support Support x 7
      • Neutral Neutral x 1
      • No Support No Support x 1
    2. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Neutral, but it does kinda look good as it is right now (at least for me)

3. BDON33

BDON33 Experienced Member

Understandable. But have you seen the differences between this version and the new one? Just feels a bit more modern and smooth

4. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Support I bet if @@matt put the time into it he could get it done :D.

5. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Support it’ll look a lot nicer and cleaner

6. boba

boba Retired Administrator Premium

I've been meaning to reply to this thread because I'm sure a lot of people might think we aren't putting in the effort to update the forum, but we are not going to update the forums at this time.

Updating from our current XF version to XenForo 2.0 is not easy, it is a very complicated process. First and foremost, we would have to find an updated version for ALL of our add-ons, some of them not even existing at this time which are currently the backbone of the forum.

Secondly, we have tried to update in the past, but it only led us to more bugs and breaks, which is something we do not want to risk again because imagine if the forum just deleted itself. :bored:

Thirdly, I am not a huge fan of XenForo 2. A lot of people think that it's a nice and neat version of XF, but it honestly sucks. It's way too compact, way too professional, and really weird. I've taken a look at a demo version, and wasn't a fan of its structure. Personally, I'm a bigger fan of the current forum version.

There is a lot of potential in the current forum version we have, it's just a matter of how much effort we put in. Personally with the new updates and add-ons, I'd argue that our forum is much better off without XF 2 as it has been altered a lot, to make it less compact and more relaxing.

I will continue to work on forum updates, and we can definitely add more add-ons and edit anything necessary, but updating doesn't seem necessary, especially with how annoying XenForo 2 is.

Hope this makes sense! This is why I'm denying the suggestion right now, but you never know if XenForo releases an update that suits Mineverse much more! Even then, we'd have to wait a while to allow developers to recreate their add-ons that we use.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.