x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Implemented Update Survival Crates ¡Por Favor Amigos!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by nymph, May 21, 2023.

?

On the same page as me?

1. Yes, absolutely!

2. Kind of, it depends on the rewards / other things!

3. Not really.

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. nymph

nymph Established Member

It's high time for a change on Survival Crates, and I'm not alone in thinking that. As a survival player, I've stacked up on Voter keys as-well as bought some from dedicated voter friends, hoping for a decent reward, but the reality has been a huge let-down. It's clear to all of us that the economy on Survival moves fast - farms are growing, players are expanding and earning in-game currency very quickly. But the rewards from crates can't keep pace and they've become stale and uninspiring.

Crew may have messed with the prices of Iron/Emeralds and a few other items in /shop, but it's done nothing to help our cause. We've worked hard to build our wealth, grinding away for hours to get the best gear, but we get nothing worthwhile in return. I think it's time we update the Survival crates, shifting with the economy and rewarding players for their dedication.

We need something new, something exciting. How about a free rank, just like OPPVP? That would be a game-changer. It's about time that we, as survival players, got the chance to enjoy some amazing rewards.

What do you think? I'm sure you're feeling the same way I do - that the Survival crates have been ignored for far too long.

(please refrain from commenting if you do not play survival as your input may not be useful.)

• Support Support x 1
      • Neutral Neutral x 1
    2. boba

boba Retired Administrator Premium

If you could expand on what you'd like to see changed in the crates, that would give us more of an understanding of what we can add, modify, or remove.

3. nymph

nymph Established Member

Here are the current rewards from 64 Voter Keys used on the Voter Crate:
      4x $1000
      9x $1500
      5x $2000
      4x $2500
      3x $3000
      3x $5000
      6x 2 Voter Keys
      4x Common Key
      1x Pig Spawner
      7x 10 XP Levels
      2x 20 XP Levels
      12x 10 diamond
      8x 16 Gold
      7x 16 iron
      7x 64 Coal
      7x 5 MCMMO Credits
      4x 10 MCMMO Credits
      (Some might be missing)

I would like to see some new items added such as ranks and better loot rewards. Personally, I think XP, MCMMO, and uncommon keys are the only useful rewards, and it would be great to have more items like Elytras and more money. Additionally, it would be exciting to see a Gift Card / Voucher added to the MV store in the legendary crate. I believe other survival players could also contribute their own ideas and suggestions on what further additions, modifications, or removals could be made.

4. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

i think an elytra would be cool, not really in favor of the giftcard / voucher tbh...

but yeah like boba said need actual suggestions of things to add. if it's just XP & MCMMO you want, be specific about which things to replace

5. nymph

nymph Established Member

Elytra would be awesome, I think a GC would be brilliant to have in the Legendary Crate $5GC would be more than enough, as it takes EFFORT to get 1 legendary key within itself, either buy climbing up from Voter keys or buying it from the Quest shop which costs (20 quest points) which roughly takes 15-20 quests to complete in order to get just 1 legendary key..

How about Ranks? As stated above.
      As i personally would wipe the all the crates current rewards & add in new items such as:
      Free Ranks Premium to Elite, Elytras, Tridents, Extra /Homes, Increased money, Shulkers.
      My personal list could go on..

Again, I'll let the other survival players also contribute to suggestions of items to replace in crates..

6. Olieee

Olieee Established Member Premium

No Support, I have to dissagree with the things said by nymph. I think the reward is balanced (you get enough money by opening crates). Don't add elytra since it is a fairly easy item to get, and when you got a few, you don't need to get more. you can get 10 elytras every month by going to the end really easy, with that said don't put it in a crate. and as with giftcards and ranks it should not be in the crate since you can buy legendary crates with doing daily quests very easy, only 3-4 days of quests. I think the reason you could get those kind of good things in other gamesmodes is cus you could not buy them with questpoints you had to get really lucky by opening crates. I don't like the idea of farming quest points for legandary crates with multible acccounts just for the giftcards since you can buy the key with quest point it is nothing about luck to get the key. as for Tridents you can open vote keys and get enough money and buy them for very cheep in /shop no reason to add that. as for Shulkers just go to end and get the items and craft them really easy or buy with questpoints no reason for putting it in crate. as for extra homes the system is good where as higher ing rank you are the more homes you got don't add it in vote crate. however i can see how people want more homes so maybe add that one but the other suggestions i don't agree with at all.

7. boba

"buycraft coupons might not be allowed and would be annoying to manually claim"
      - Crew
      Slightly agree with this, however people are annoying and rush to the end once it resets and take all the elytras, leaving others with none and having to buy one from /shop or off someone else. It's $100k in /shop I believe so might be worth considering but I agree with Olieee as well.
      Could be nice to have MVP in maybe the Epic/Legendary Chests :')
      Agreed with Olieee
      Disagree, this is a rank perk.
      Not too sure about this.
      Sure, shulker farming seems annoying (I've never farmed for shulkers)

I'd like to see more cosmetic features, i.e. more pets, maybe even some trails (maybe even as a donor perk), fun displayable items that can be considered a "rare", similar to how they have Rare/Legendary Flower Pots with a lore on it, sponge with a lore on it, etc.

8. nymph

nymph Established Member

Honestly mate, I have nystagmus so reading all that bunched together jesusss haha - however i've gotten through it.

I see where you're coming from, but I have to respectfully disagree with your stance on this. While I agree that some of these items may not necessarily need to be in a crate, I do strongly believe survival creates need an update on rewards. And I disagree with your assertion that the rewards are currently 'balanced'. In my experience, opening crates rarely hold anything of real value, which can be frustrating for players who are hoping to get lucky and receive a rare item. (Beacon, Higher Keys as an example)

As for the specific items mentioned, I think adding elytra as a potential reward would be a great idea. While it's true that they're fairly easy to obtain, having an additional way to acquire them would be helpful for players who may not have the time or resources to explore the end. Similarly, shulkers is a highly valuable item that can be difficult to obtain, making it a suitable contender for a crate reward.

In regards to gift cards and ranks, I definitely think they should be included in the crates. Not everyone has the time or inclination to complete daily quests, and having the chance to obtain these items through a crate would be a game changing addition. As for farming quest points, I think this is a non-issue - if someone wants to put in the effort to farm multiple accounts, then that's their prerogative.
      I personally find the quests ridiculously hard to clear out and to get all of those 20 quest points for 1 legendary key is a lot of effort for minimal reward(s), quests such as "Shave 500 Logs" and un do-able quests that are still in place like "Ride a llama"..

Overall, I believe that adding these items to the vote crate would be a great way to incentivize players and give them a greater sense of reward for their efforts. While not everyone may agree with this perspective, I think it's important to consider the potential benefits of expanding the crate rewards system on survival!

Thanks to everyone so far for their opinions / suggestions :) xx

9. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

I agree with everything said by @nymph however, I’d like to add that I think that some of the current crate rewards are beyond useless. The vote crate is full of the most random ungabunga crap. I know it’s the lowest tier crate but COAL??? REALLY??????

10. inh

inh Discord Moderator Discord Moderator

Any or all of the following that came with 1.19 (items in bold have yet to be seen in any form on the server):
      • Froglights
      • Frogspawn
      • Mangrove Leaves
      • Mangrove Log
      • Mangrove Planks
      • Mangrove Propagule
      • Mangrove Roots
      • Mangrove Wood
      • Mud
      • Mud Bricks
      • Muddy Mangrove Roots
      • Packed Mud
      • Reinforced Deepslate
      • Sculk
      • Sculk Catalyst
      • Sculk Shrieker
      • Sculk Vein
      enchanted book swift sneak
      Echo Shard
      Disc Fragment

11. thewaterking

thewaterking Established Member

People like us that have been playing for some time may have 10 elytras and 30 shulkers to spare. Every monthly reset, as soon as the network restarts and the end and nether reset, 2 or 3 lucky people log on fast and fly around taking everything. If you want a bigger player base their should be a somewhat equal opportunity to aquire certain items. Elytras would be a great addition to legendary chests. About the gift card thing i agree cause people can farm points from multiple accounts. Ranks and +1home is what I would really like to see. Perhaps bigger money prizes for epic and legendary as most players can easily get to a million or two and 100k reward is not enough. Also, the ores and very basic stuff from voter should be removed.

12. celina

celina Active Member

@boba maybe if you dont want to add anything maybe get rid of some of the ridiclous ones like 1000$ or coal in the later crates

since we're here talking about survival, possible for us to get more warps? as a titan we only have 1 and i feel like it'd be nice to have a few more :D

13. inh

inh Discord Moderator Discord Moderator

thead hijack!!

but yeah, more warps. lol

(and gaining a legendary key if ya vote over 140 times)

14. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

I think all of the crates across the server need improving, OP and Survival mainly so I support!

15. boba

It's been noted : )

Keep the ideas flowing guys! This is a great suggestion thread - crates definitely need a re-work! :')

16. Dustyf@ll

Dustyf@ll Honorary Supporter Premium

Reading all the posts above, I have concluded that there needs to be a shrink in crates. Collectively there are 5 Crates whereas other game modes have 3. Looking at Skyblock crates makes me vomit we don't question that but if upgrades happen as well in Skyblock I would GLADLY take it. Anyways, the 64 voter crates average 1.4k per key of gain, including rerolls of extra keys. Tested by the listed people under my calculations; Soph, Cel, Hil, Lunox, and Chickenstrips. tests have been conducted with the total use of approx 8 stacks of voter keys I have Funded and observed. Over the use of 8 stacks of keys, the MAX it got was approx 12 common per stack. In note compared to OP as our 3 crate system. 8 stacks of op crates would SURELY get a Sharp 40 arguably the rarest item in the game mode. Our beacon, arguably best, in survival is in our legendary crate the 5th crate. We can't even get past 2nd crate with even luck with the 3rd. :shifty: I have a strong suggestion to go to a 3-box system. A beneficial way to continue is to combine crates. Our current ranking of crates goes Voter, Common, Rare, Epic, and Legendary. We can combine voter and common with also the combination of the rare and epic prizes together throwing out similar values on money notes. The 3 crates will be named "voter/ultra" "epic" and "legendary" Sorta like the previous op. In the epic, there will be an MVP note and cool if elytra was in there. Legendary there will be a cool addition with a rank-up note elite and extra homes/warps. <- somewhat based on the old op. To Balance the amount of key buying the quest redemption could be increased by 5 more points due to the combination and the probabilities of obtaining keys from one crate to another need to be adjusted. Let me know what you think!

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    17. celina

celina Active Member

I completely agree!! Out of every key I used that you funded I got pass the common crate ONCE and aside from that I have NEVER been able to make it as far to get a legendary key out of my keys. which has now lead me to not be bothered to vote each day if im just getting 16 gold out of it

18. nymph

nymph Established Member

Omg yes, it's so sad when you've got 3 stacks of voter keys racked up, spend the time to open them.. and you get 1 rare key out of them all.. and then you get something like 5k as your reward.. </3 LMAO

19. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

There are also a lot of repeating awards.

Two Scenario’s to Consider:

1: You’re a Titan & you grinded for a legendary key, you open it and get the /feed reward. Congrats, you’ve won nothing!

2: You don’t have a rank (or you’re a low rank) and you happen to obtain a legendary key. You open it up and get /feed! A couple of weeks later you’ve saved up enough quest points for another legendary key and you open it and get /feed again. Pointless.

There needs to be a way to combat this issue because I’ve seen it happen way too many times. To myself and to other people. Some of the quests are ridiculously hard to complete and some of them don’t even work… so it is upsetting when you get a command reward that you already got/have.

20. boba

Pretty sure Crew resolved this issue on .NET when they upgraded from 1.12.2 to 1.19.2.
      Might be possible for us, not sure.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.