x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • UNBAN ALL.

Discussion in 'Rant Archive' started by AnthonyLEEEEEE, Mar 19, 2021.

1. AnthonyLEEEEEE

AnthonyLEEEEEE Established Member

Hey guys,

I have a huge suggestion that people might like but I'm not sure. I feel like the server is dying a lot and I don't want mineverse to die because it's such a fun server and a great community. I think, there should be an UNBAN ALL because it would bring people back into the server and bring the numbers up. I miss back in the day when everyone used to be on there would be like 40-45 players online all the time.

If you unban all, and some players are still hacking or breaking the rules, you can just ban them again simple as that.

We call to care about this server, most people been playing for 4-7 years.

Thanks, sm

dopekidxd ;D

• Like Like x 1
    2. Ameliaxoxo

Ameliaxoxo Established Member

support, i agree with your statment.

3. hrary

hrary Experienced Member

This is a bad idea. Only thing it's going to do is unban all the hackers, and unban peoples alts account so they can cheat or break rules on them again.

4. SmogX

SmogX Legendary Youtuber Premium

Hi Anthony,

If you want a fair taste of my opinion,
      +Bring back a lot of players
      +More content
      -It's kinda wasting a lot of staff work
      -Might bring back a lot of cheaters

So I would say Neutral because I would love to see Mineverse revive but I would be scared that mineverse became full of cheaters.

5. IceTheDonut

IceTheDonut Active Member

6. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

I don't know how I feel about this. Unbanning everyone would certainly bring players back to the game but it does have some cons to it. Unbanning all would cause chaos on PvP based game modes. All the d0xers would be back d0xing, all the hackers would continue hacking, all the scammers would be back at scamming. Banned players already have a 2nd chance if they create a sincere appeal and staff trust them then unban them. Maybe you could be more specific on who should and should not be unbanned. Personally I think that severe cheaters should stay banned but less severe cheats like macro could be unbanned, d0xers stay banned, and scammers get unbanned (if this were to ever happen which I don't think it should).

Neutral heavily leaning towards no support.

• Like Like x 1
      Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    7. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

nopeee

8. AnthonyLEEEEEE

If mods are on most of the time, they can see who cheats and who doesn't pretty easily I think. Again just a suggestion.

9. djryan

djryan Legendary Member Premium

unban obama

10. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

agreed ryan!

• Like Like x 1
    11. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

Honestly not the worst idea, last ditch effort to revive MV kind of like a hail mary.
      Though maybe not unban ALL, just everyone besides IP banned players so most of the doxxers and repeat offenders dont come back.

Support

• Like Like x 2
    12. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

It's hard to catch closet cheaters because they can just say "It was a wombo combo!" and staff can't really argue against it. (wombo combo is a really cool saying for all of you non-pvpers!) wow i am funny and not cringe at all

13. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

Mineverse is not a place that doesn't give second chances. Even if you've been perm banned here, given enough time has passed and you've earned our trust again we will give you another chance. There's even the option of buying an unban if you haven't bought one before and do not want to wait to appeal.

The only people who we won't unban are those who have broken our trust enough times, or have committed such a severe offense that we no longer wish to have them around the server. If an unban wave were to happen these players would stay banned anyway.Which makes the entire idea of an unban wave completely useless. As all it would do is unban mcleaks and other alts that players can then use to hack and ban evade with again, and unban players who could easily get themselves unbanned via other means if they truly wished to play again.

• Like Like x 2
    14. Justin

Justin justin Premium

no bad

15. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

I know this is a bit off topic but since you guys mentioned cheaters I thought I would say something to add onto it.

It's not as easy as you think when trying to catch closet cheaters. You guys expect us to instantly tp to you and assume that the person you're hackusating is hacking, we need time to gather evidence that is sufficient enough to ban them and if it isn't, most of you have the abilities and means to record when necessary. The most useful way to determine whether or not someone is closet cheating, is to think about minecraft logic and all that cringe minecraft knowledge. Think about their reach/range, their hits, the damage they deal, their movement, their ability to hotkey and conserve their utility, are they good at combat but bad at inventory management, are they getting double registered hits (mostly occurs when you're clicking over 12-15cps) 1.8.9 vanilla minecraft only registers 12cps roughly, at least on lunar client which is what most people use. So when you're clicking above that, you can tend to get hits being registered a lot faster than they normally would.

If someone is very good in the combat region (pvping etc) but terrible at potting, gapping, pearling or just overall hotkeying and inventory management as well as utility placement, there's a possibility they are most likely cheating using only combat hacks like aim assist and autoclickers.

Macros are not a hack, but that's how we treat them. They are an unfair advantage, so if someone is not hacking but they macro, it does not mean they hack, simply means they used an unfair advantage over other players.

I could go on and on about how to simply catch closet cheaters, but those are just a few.

• Like Like x 1
    16. AnthonyLEEEEEE

I agree 100percent, but you know that it would bring something back. everyone cheats and its hard you know.

thanks anyways ;D

17. Skpye sir

Skpye sir Experienced Member

Agreed, but leaning toward support.

18. ChatPolice

ChatPolice Established Member

19. TrooperSuper12

TrooperSuper12 Established Member

support mineverse is dead

20. CodBucket

CodBucket Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Premium

This will never happen.