x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Thank You, Mineverse. Love, Janice

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Janice, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Janice

Janice Retired Admin | Max's Mentee Premium

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

6 years and 7 months. That is the duration of my time as staff. Today marks my last day as Administrator for Mineverse. This past month was dedicated to ensuring a smooth transition to the next line of staff who will be taking over. It still baffles me that I’m sitting here typing this out for everyone (and no, this is not April Fools).
      Since October 22, 2015, I have been involved in the staff team starting from the Moderator role and working my way up to Administrator. There were lots of ups and some downs, but it led to an abundance of experiences and lessons overall.

To say this was an extremely difficult decision is an understatement. Ultimately, I felt that I have done all I could, and it is time for me to move on to new experiences. I am also getting much busier with school; I will be in my last year of university before I'm off to the real world. Many people have questioned why I’ve stayed dedicated for so long. I expressed in my moderator application back then that I wanted to “help, improve, and support the server”. I’m proud to say that I’ve stayed true to my word. I saw potential and growth in the server, and I wanted to make it an even better place. I have done the best I could within my abilities, and I hope the interactions were positive if we ever crossed paths. I still believe the server can grow, and I won’t ever stop believing that.

I have spent the last month going on a deep dive through all my projects within the past 6.5 years. Here are some of my notable achievements:
      • Handled 1,500+ support tickets
      • Assisted with 19 gamemode major updates/releases
      • Promoted 42 new staff members
      • Handed out 1,000+ in-game punishments
      • Hosted 150+ staff meetings
      • Posted 47 monthly Top Voters
      • Created everlasting memories
      Through all of these projects and achievements from them, I’ve gained so many valuable soft and hard skills that not many people realize. These include time management, staff management, online privacy and security, leadership, customer service, conflict resolution, organization, intercultural communication, learning how to use popular communication platforms like Skype and Discord, and so so much more. I’ve learned and built these skills to take with me towards my future goals.

Working on a Minecraft server is so much more than just banning people. I’ve learned more than I could possibly imagine. I urge those of you interested in applying for staff to take that step and seize the opportunity. We are currently going strong on our most recent releases with Survival 1.18 and Earth, with more exciting releases coming very soon. I can’t wait to see what the staff brings to the server.

Of course, I want to leave a section for my lovely staff team. We’ve gone through a multitude of challenges and changes throughout the years, but we also formed many tight-knit friendships and memories. Thank you to those who brought me out of my comfort zone and gave me confidence in speaking up to others in the early years. In the later years as I was head of staff, thank you to everyone for your kindness, trust, and dedication to me and the server. We really would not still be standing here today without you. You have become a second family to me, thank you.

Thank you @Noobcrew and @matt for believing in me and giving me the opportunities to exceed far higher than I imagined. Thank you @PiLe for teaching me valuable life lessons and coming back to support me when I needed it the most. Thank you @Rythen for letting me know when forums were fixed back in 2015 (hah) and for sticking by all these years. I’m very glad we still hold our friendship today. Thank you to @Quertiss, @Sando3, @Bananurz, @Dyna_Mighty, @kinsey_kid, @i_am_youtuber, @mattenphew, @sabrina, @Clxrity, @gabby, @Aly and @Acceptation for all your help throughout the years and for comforting me when days got rough. Thank you @Agentyy for making me laugh. Thank you @Exstatisfy, @Rodeen, @imlazy2*, @sneakyshrinky, @hannah, @Saturns, @Gabe, @Dualband for the love and support throughout the years. We've had our ups and downs for sure, and despite us growing apart these days, I'll always value the positive things you have done for me. Thank you to so so so many of you for all the support and love. Gosh, I WISH I could tag you all. I know I'm totally missing people. You know who you are. Please message me. I’ll say my whole personal spiel to you then. <3

I also want to say thank you to @Max. While you are no longer with us today, my memories with you will never be forgotten. You were my mentor and one of my very first friends on the staff team. I was brought on to the team by surprise, but you still welcomed me with open arms. You had full faith in me while others questioned my abilities. We grew to develop such a tight friendship over the years, and I will continue to treasure that forever. You really were my best friend. I know you’re seeing me from above today, and I hope I made you proud.

I could not even begin to count how many memorable and valuable moments I’ve experienced here on Mineverse. In fact, Mineverse was the very first server I found and joined when I started playing on PC. I would especially play Skywars for hours on end. While on the team, I liked to create short staff videos through my recordings for note-taking. I would constantly capture funny moments in-game; that folder includes well over 3,000 screenshots today. I’m glad that I racked up so many of these memories because I will always continue looking back on them.

This server was quite literally my childhood. Words can’t describe how much love and appreciation I have for this server; it’s become my second home. Thank you so much, and I hope to see you around.

Keep Smiling. [​IMG]

please enjoy this gem of a video i dug up whilst going through my old projects:

(please keep in mind this was back in 2015. my voice has matured since then thank u.)

the way i utilized my ~marketing skills~ back then; yes, i used to be a minecraft youtuber. no, i will not be publicizing my old videos. also shoutout OG lobby !!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    2. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Gonna miss you so much, you've left such a big mark on this server

3. trinityy

trinityy stan boba Premium

i remember the first time I talked to you :( gonna miss you Janice

4. bobalatte

bobalatte Retired Administrator Discord Leader Premium

LOVE YOU JANICE <33 GOOD LUCK WITH UR FUTURE ENDEAVOURS !! LOVE U LOTS

5. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

Thank you so much for the hard work you've put in over the years Janice!

6. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

thank you so much for your service janice! you truly are the glue that holds mv together, it won't be the same without you <3
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

You have done more for this server than anyone combined, it's not truly Mineverse without you Janice and I personally will miss you. I wish you the best of luck in life and everything you do.

8. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    9. Agentyy

Agentyy Well-Known Member

JANICE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

i’m so proud of everything you’ve done. thank you for being you<3

10. janflnr

janflnr Established Member

Thank you for everything you've done for this server, I wish you the best of luck in your life!

11. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

we all love you so much, thank you for everything you've done!

(thank you for making me gay...)
      janice made me gay.png

you'll forever be remembered as such a big part of this server. this is genuinely emotional.

we love you (especially the staff)
      [​IMG]

12. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

was not expecting this, thank you for everything Janice

13. Torch

Torch Builder Builder

We love you Janice <3 I still remember us in call with Rodeen, Alma and Pizza wayyyy back before any of us got staff:)

Goodluck will everything <3

14. CodBucket

CodBucket Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Premium

Really gonna miss having you on the team, thank you for everything. Best of luck in the future! <3

[​IMG]

15. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

Thank you for everything you've done for Mineverse Janice! It's especially the staff team you've done a lot for, and I don't think many people could've put in the same amount of dedication as you have. It's sad to know future generations of Mineverse won't have a Janice like we did, but I'm sure it'll work out. I wish you the best of luck for the future and hope you'll finally be able to rest your shoulders a bit.

When I saw the announcement I knew I had to log in to leave a few words for you. And it wouldn't be a proper resignation comment without attaching some images of the past:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Also this c:
      https://gyazo.com/05df82668906e2b25026941a355de722

16. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner

Thank you Janice for everything. You have truly been an immense help over the years and i'm not sure we would have made it this far without you.

I greatly appreciate everything you have done and even during difficult times, you were always willing to step up and help or learn something new. Like others mentioned, you really were the glue that kept things together. There are many things that you have put in place that we will only continue and your impact on the server will always be there.

I'm glad that Mineverse has been such a huge part of your childhood, you have also made it the same for others too and I know there is players here that will always value that. :)

You have mentioned to me some amazing things you have accomplished in school and in life so far and I already know that you will do great in anything you do!

I know we'll stay in touch and see you around. <3

• Like Like x 7
    17. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Legendary Member

Thank you for everything you've done, Janice. You have made a positive impact on this server. As Matthew said, you're the best thing that could have happened to Mineverse. Good luck with what you decide to do from here on out!

18. Novembree

Novembree Active Member

Thanks for your service Janice! <3 You’ve done so much for MV and SW, you’ll be dearly missed. I wish you all the best in your studies and future! Take care of yourself.
      - Bree

19. Aly

Aly Alchemist Premium

for the entire period i was on the staff team u were a huge inspiration, not just to me but for the rest of the team and u still continue to motivate all of us to be better people and work harder for ourselves, even if u are leaving. seeing ur dedication to mineverse even when it was at its lowest is something i really respect about u, and i'm sure that anyone who's met u would agree that u are an incredible role model to us. there is no one in the history or future of mineverse who could've handled the staff team like u did.

u are truly one of the most pure-hearted, selfless person i've ever come to known and it was such an honour to have been on the same staff team as u. i wish u all the best for the future. thank u for all the memories and for everything else uve done. <3

20. Public Speaker

Public Speaker Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JANICE

• Like Like x 1