x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • suggestions

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by sabrina, Sep 7, 2020.

1. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

i know this is a tedious task, but it would be so much easier to make new suggestions / support suggestions if staff went through and marked threads as implemented, closed threads that won't be added, closed duplicate threads, etc.

it was so satisfying when kinsey went through all those survival threads and marked them implemented, could this be done for all gamemodes/suggestions that have already been added :)

this would also make it easier for crew etc to see what popular suggestions are, as well as be openly able to see as many suggestions as possible

idk im waffling just i think it would make the whole section of forums look neater :D

2. Acceptation

Acceptation Boss Member Premium

Looks like you want us to post farm ;)

3. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

god you're turning into me - i agree tho, forums needs a good cleanup and would be nice for things especially as busy as suggestions to be neater. :rolleyes:

4. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

THIS IS BABY SERVER STOP FLIRTING

Support this tho

5. fran

fran Experienced Member

idk what you said but support because you're cool

6. Skrown

Skrown Well-Known Member

support

7. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

support, would make forums cleaner.

8. sabrina

whoops should this have been in suggestions

9. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

Should already be done to some extent. I've gone through all suggestions several times as mod

Anyway I agree I guess. It would for sure make it easier to browse and increase the chance of the suggestions open actually being read by those who can implement them.

The issue with denying suggestions though is how can a mod determine whether something shouldn't be or won't be implemented? A lot of the ideas are also great, but unnecessary or implementing them is unclear, would cost a lot of money/time, or is simply just low priority. Crew said on launch he didn't want sell boosters for donators. Does that mean we should just deny the suggestion about it? I'd say no since his opinion could always change. It worked with Kinsey closing suggestions because he's the leader of the gamemode, but for every other gamemode (except bedwars, forums and discord), crew is the leader. I'd also find it demotiviating to have your suggestion denied. We don't deny mod applications for the same reason.

What could work though is closing suggestions that have gone inactive for X time, just like mod applications. Idk, opinions? This is in the Discussion section sooo I mean

10. sabrina

yeah the thing with suggestions is although one person makes them, many will agree and want to see it through so even if the original poster goes inactive more people might want to keep the suggestion alive. although i think “grave digging” is allowed in suggestions, inactive / outdated suggestions should be closed to make room for current suggestions. that being said, the whole reason for suggestions to be filtered is so that people can reach the older ones that they might not know even exist and give their support.

i think the suggestions section on forums should be better divided into categories, eg by gamemode, so that people can find all suggestions relating to the gamemode they play, and to more easily see if the suggestion they're thinking of making has already been made.

additionally, a priority system (much like the one on support tickets) could be implemented, or at least catagories such as cosmetic, plugin, builds, etc so people can better reach the suggestions they want to

yeah i’m still waffling i’m just putting my thoughts out there

11. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

You do realise if you click the prefix "Space Prison" it will show only space prison suggestions yes? Big brain sabrina

Bman did something similar where he closed all threads with no recent responses and that way made the suggestion section a clean state:
      https://www.mineverse.com/threads/suggestions-fresh-start-read-before-posting.137636/
      If we close all threads that have gone inactive for 31 days I think that for sure could help show the suggestions people still actively want implemented, but it will for sure make us lose some good suggestions too. Like Swift's spam of forums/friends plugin suggestions, unless he spams bump. Not everyone sticks around or feels the need to bump a low-priority suggestion they have up tho. I wouldn't mind it too much, but idk would any one here mind if suggestions with no recent posts got closed?

12. Aly

Aly Alchemist Premium

I'm 50/50 on this.

Although I want the suggestions forums to be neater and more organized, I also don't want people to steal suggestions from other players that were locked for inactivity to post/rate farm. Kinda like stealing someone's art, posting it somewhere and claiming it's theirs for likes/fame. I know it's a dramatic comparison, but you get what I mean.

Players will try to abuse this to make their suggestion high priority although it really isn't, and staff wouldn't really know whether or not a suggestion is of high priority.

13. sabrina

i knowwwwww but most people don't utilise the smaller sections such as map ideas / new gamemode suggestions sections, so putting all the suggestions into sections will allow for people to use all sections if that makes sense? im rambling but basically if all the suggestions were put into different catagories based on the gamemode / build / new gamemode suggestion, then people would have equal access to all suggestions instead of scrolling through pages upon pages of mixed suggestions. (besides not all people are smart and havent figured out that you can click the tags to reveal all suggestions for that gamemode ;-;)

this is the same with tickets, and i was thinking of this while writing that, but maybe a more defined drop-down list such as new plugin / build / cosmetic / new gamemode would be useful

14. sabrina

Hi im back with some more :pdelicious:p suggestion threads for you to give feedback on! these are some suggestions that may have been neglected / some people don't know about, so here's a few links down below for you to show your support!

All threads / sections have been hyperlinked, click on the related words to visit the thread!

Map Submissions
      • I suggest taking a look at the whole Map Submissions section on the forums, there are some great maps hidden in there. Crew has mentioned a potential infection update sooo ;)
      Cosmetic Additions
      Gamemode Improvements
      • There are plenty of different gamemode improvements for each gamemode, I suggest looking through the tags for the gamemodes you play most to find suggestions you may agree with :)
      Forums / Discord