x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA SniffMyToes Re-Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by SniffMyToes, Jun 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

[​IMG]

Third time's the charm, right? Just to preface, I will be using similar formatting, fonts, and information from my two previous applications. If you would like to read either of them (I don't recommend it cause I was a cringy 13 year old), then here are the links:

My First Application

Re-Application

Anyways, I will cover a few topics before I go through the regular application spiel.

Make sure to read this portion of the application before asking questions.

Were you demoted or did you resign?
      Both times I left the staff team, I did it willingly. I did not get into trouble as a moderator and did not receive any disciplinary action during my time of being a moderator.

Why did you resign? ♣
      I resigned for quite a few simple reasons. First and most importantly, the server was dying. The server was in a down period where the concurrent player amount was nearing 30 at any period of time, sometimes dropping down to nearly 20. I felt like having me as a moderator was unnecessary at that point. This caused a decline in interest in the server, and the combination of the two ultimately lead to my resignation (the second time).

Along with this, I wanted to prioritize my IRL friends. All of my friends started to play games with cross-platform compatibility, and I did not want to give up this opportunity to finally play games with my friends. Playing Minecraft wasn't extremely popular at the time as well which caused people to constantly mess with me for enjoying the game. Although these are sub-reasons, these things also contributed to my resignations.

How do we know you won't just resign again? ♣

I am in a good period right now where Minecraft is the only game that I play. All of my friends have quit gaming (or at least, quit playing the video games that were cross-platform compatible). With all the free time (due to corona), this seems to be the perfect time for me to re-apply. Hopefully, through my activity, I can prove to you all that I am dedicated to this position and will not just dip.

Now, onto the application itself.

In-game name ♣
      SniffMyToes

♣ Age ♣

♣ Country

U.S.A.

♣ Language

English

♣ Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?

Yes, I use Radeon to record. I have very recently enabled Radeon Instant Replay so I am able to capture evidence after something has happened even when not actively recording.
      I take screenshots and use Gyazo for in-game and forum offenses.

♣ Why do you think you should become a mod?

I will cover the three qualities I feel as if are most important for your consideration:

♣ Active

During both my time as a player and a moderator, I spend/spent the vast majority of my free time on Mineverse. I took pride in my activity during my time of being a moderator, and I expect to be even more active now than I was before. Although I have work during the weekdays (and some Saturdays), I still manage to spend 3-6 hours a day on the server every single day. During weekends and days that I do not have work, I spend 4-8 hours on a day.

If you would like to see my reports, click here.
      During my time on Mineverse, I have made hundreds upon hundreds of reports (likely close to 1,000), and as a moderator, I had upwards of 600 bans in my ban log (correct me if I'm wrong). Hopefully, this proves both my activity and that I know what I'm doing.

♣ Unbiased
      I consider myself to be unbiased when it comes to dealing with the playerbase. I have reported, banned, or muted plenty of people that I both know and am friends with on the server. I strive to be indifferent when making reports and doing bans as I simply report rule-breaking. I've literally gotten my brother banned on this server before.

♣ Experienced
      This point is more enforced now than in my previous applications. As stated, I have been a moderator on this server twice. I know my way around the forums, discord, and in-game. I retained most of my knowledge of the in-game and forum rules and have learned about the changes that have happened since my resignations. I know how to detect hacks and am able to easily identify when rules are being broken. I am still familiar with most of the staff commands, how to deal with reports (both player reports and forum reports), how to do my ban logs, and know most of the necessary information for being a moderator. I have even mentored a staff member (@Simons4u). Along with my Mineverse experience, I have also gained experience as being staff on other servers. This simply solidifies my knowledge of being a staff member.

Before I became a moderator, I used to hack, so I am can understand, name, and identify all the various kinds of hacks.

♣ How long can you be active on the server daily?
      As stated before, it depends on whether or not I'm working. I try to put in minimum of 3 hours a day, but sometimes play upwards of 6-8. Once school begins again (hopefully), I will be able to put in a similar amount of time as I will no longer be working by then.

♣ How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      4-5 years

♣ What punishments have you received in the last 9 months?

As far as I'm concerned, none.
      I have been banned in the past (in-game), but have never been banned on the forums.

♣ Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      As stated multiple times, I have been a moderator on this server twice. I have been helper on a prison/survival server, was a moderator on Benji's server, and have been Moderator/Admin on a few smaller PvP-based servers.

Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below?

Do you have 50 Post Count?
      Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up?
      Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums?
      Do you have Skype and Discord for offline communication?

Yes. Sniff#6850 on Discord.

Thank you for reading and making it this far! Please leave any ratings below, comment recommendations or necessary fixes, or feel free to chat with me on discord. If you rate no support, please provide an explanation.

Thank you to all my previous supporters who got me to mod the previous two times. I hope to gain your support again, and I hope to gain the supports of everyone else.

Supports - 44
      Neutrals - 2
      No supports - 3

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    2. Acceptation

Acceptation Boss Member Premium

100% Support.

Was a great ex moderator and has been extremely active recently and making a bunch of reports. Best of luck c;

3. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

Big support, miss having you on the team you were a good addition

4. Purge

Purge Boss Member

No support.

5. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Well I did have a feeling seeing all the reports happening why not good luck.

6. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Thank you Accept. I hope I get to work with you again!

Thank you Qwiby. I hope I get to lose to you on Skywars again! (Jk, I'mma win ;) )

Thank you, Swift. I'm gonna attempt to finish MHA within the next few days. I don't have much to do because I can't work with my recent wisdom teeth surgery. :)

Thank you @abbie for the support. It means a lot from you <3 I wish I got to work with you again.

Understandable. Any specific reason?

7. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

Support

8. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Thank you, Mr. Duck. I would say something similar to you as I did Qwiby, but at least Qwiby has a chance to beat me on skywars ;)

[​IMG]

Jk jk, I'll make sure to support your moderator application. <3

9. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

good luck bro
      Support :>

10. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

support :D

11. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Thank you Atom! Hopefully we get to work together! Good luck to you as well. <3

Thank you very much. I see you super active everywhere and you seem to be very nice and sociable. Maybe you really should apply for mod ;)

12. Tom

Tom Active Member

A definite support from me. Sniff is a very caring and nice guy, always nice towards me and others.

Goodluck Sniff!

13. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Just more reason for her to apply lol.
      Just jokes ily

Thank you for the support and the kind words! Good luck with your application as well! Hopefully we also get to work together ;)

14. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

Supportotototototo

15. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

thankyououououououououou. Good luck with your application as well my guy. <3

Thank you for the neutral @Porky. Anything specific I should work on?

16. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Sorry for taking a while to respond - you did recently only come back fully with reports etc, and it’s only really been on skywars - branch out to different gamemodes such as oppvp and skyblock etc; good luck regardless :)

17. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

You're fine. And that's completely understandable. I spend a lot of time on skywars cause the cheaters seem to run rampid there lol. I spend the rest of my time on OpPvP and skyblock (as those are my two favorite gamemodes), and I try to get reports whenever I can.

Thank you @CodBucket for your support! <3 I remember telling you the first time that I was gonna apply when we were sitting on survival. I can't believe that has been 2-3 years ago now.

18. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

As much as I hate you bowing me on Op, I'll support. You've been making tons of reports, you're really mature for your age and you've been mod before which is great. Best of luck! :)

19. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

I am very surprised with this rating, to be honest. First of all, thank you for the support and the nice words. <3 Thank you for being the bigger man and not hating me for doing that. I felt bad about doing that and wasting your time the day after, and that won't happen again.

20. Pink

Pink Well-Known Member

ayyyye support :)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.