x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Inactive SmogX Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by SmogX, Sep 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. SmogX

SmogX Legendary Youtuber Premium

Your in-game name:

SM0GX <- That's a zero :)

What timezone are you in?

CAD - NA-EST

What country do you live in?

Canada

What languages do you speak?

I actually speak French, that's my main language so i can speak it and wrote it perfectly and also i can speak English. In school, we are learning english but im not gonna lie that dosnt helped me alot to became biligual because they are barely explaining with some bad techniques hahahaha. The thing that helped me the most to becam bilingual is mineverse honestly because i talk alot with english people and wrote also and mineverse is the server i played the most in my entire life. I dont expect to be perfectly bilingual, my writting is not perfect but im learning everyday and try to make my best. If you have some tricks i would take all of them. That mean i can also be translator like i always loved to be on any servers.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

Of course because i am a youtuber and i maded 20 videos on mineverse actually with some good quality in my opinion. Im using OBS for recording and i have the main Windows screeshot software so i can record and screen easily. I also reported a couple of players in my past as you probably know if that can be a good proof :)

There's my computer specs if you guys are thinking about my video quality or you can just go look at my channel :
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZllfdn5cspoVxWkFyL3BhA?view_as=subscriber

I would also love to start a Staff series like alot of youtubers do where in gonna spectate cheaters and get them banned. I always wanted to do that once but i never got the opportunity.

Computer :

CPU Ryzen 3600
      Motherboard : ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
      16 GB RAM 3600 RGB GSkill
      GPU 5700XT Sapphire Nitro+
      PSU Cooler Master 650w

CPU Cooler DeepCool
      SSD Samsung Evo 500GB
      Total : 1800$

Why do you think you should become a mod?

I think i should become a mod because :

Sentence : In the past i got banned for macro on the server and that maked me learned alot of thing like i said in my Ban appeal and i changed alot into that old me and the new one and i can tell you that those kind of things wont happen anymore cause i changed alot like i said above and that maked me pissed so more cause i wasent taking care about other servers when i was always on the Kitpvp and i learned by my errors that was not a reason to act like that and i became more mature and smart. I started mineverse in 2015 so i probably got muted in the past but not recently because im not the kid that i was before. I think thats gonna do alot of time that im completly clean and i will stay in this good way :) .

Qualities & About me : Im actually working at McDonald's for more than 1 year and that growth my maturity and my autonomous alot. Im really ponctual and respectfull im never late and im not the kind of person who like to make beef or trashtalk people for fun. Im not the kind of person who let himself getting bullied but i will never get disrespectfull on nobody in game as in real life. I love to make jokes about anything i love memes and things like that and i also love RAP like Pop Smoke and Lil peep, they are my two favorite rapers. My name is Nicolas, im 17 i live in the State of Quebec near of Montreal in Canada. I have a girlfriend and 2 sisters and 1 brother and i love to do Ski, skate and play hockey. I love winter and my favorite food is sushis ^^

What i would do if i got accepted : First of all, i hate cheaters, i know that maybe look dumb because i got banned 3 months ago for macroing but i really dont like people who get advantage on me and i have some good skills to reconise a cheater and a good player because i never false hackusated someone and you can see it on my reports. I know alot of rules and what to do and dont do because like i said above i started mineverse in 2015 so i got a lot of knowledge. Im not really good in all the clients in things like that because i dont cheat but i sitll can fins on easily i think.

As a "maybe" future moderator, ill try to know the most that i can of what role and task a Moderator have because i have a couple of friends in the staff and i will try to learn more about the Forum rules and more :p

Im actually learning in Computer Sciense so im starting to have a good knowledge with all those kind of things and i think that give me a plus !

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

Time in CAD EST NOTH AMERICA

Monday : 16:00 - 22:00
      Tuesday : 16:00 - 22:00
      Wednesday : 16:00 - 22:00
      Thursday : 16:00 - 22:00
      Friday: 16:00 - 02:00
      Saturday : 10:00 - 02:00
      Sunday: 10:00 - 22:00

That's depend when im working because my schedule is not always the same but i only wokr 2 or 3 days each week for 3 hours approximatly.

How long have you been playing Mineverse?

I started Mineverse in 2015 when i got my first computer and my first Minecraft account becasue my friend show me this server because he was cheating on it Hahahahah, i started with the Pvp ( Kitpvp 1 and 2 and Op pvp) so the Pvp has always my favorite thing to do on minecraft and that's why i have a good level. I think i have more than 10 weeks of playing time easily cause i like i said above that's defenetly the server i played the most in my life. I have alot of ranked accounts cause thats my fun, some of them are my friends one because they left and some are mines : notSM0GX (
      Premium) SM0GX (Titan) Shiironee (Sponsor) LDances (Elite) uppf (God) violetpurp (God). I also won a Survival voucher of 25$ at the first map of survival :) but most of the ranks are trades that i made and some got bought by myself.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

I got moderator 2 times in my life and there they are :

Icarya : Icarya is a Popular Magic Faction ( French) where i was moderator on it for 1 or 2 months and i left because the server started to be dead after the school same back the last year and there was nothinig to moderate on it. My role was to help people with their question and to look at the warzone and players request to help them and we had 1 reunion each months to talk about how everything was going and news. I had alot of fun and i learned alot about it

kFaction : kFaction was also a popular Faction server ( French ) where i got Moderator for 2 weeks at the start of the server and i got kicked because i was not giving anough chances and warning to people and i was punishing them instantly so they kicked me for that i learned to not be to strict with people and to let them chances because everyone makes errors in life.

I also got Translator on Faithful 2 or 3 years ago for more than 3 months and i left because i wasnt able to go on teamspeak anymore because my computer broked but now i also have teamspeak on my cellphone because i bought it and i also got Discord on it and im really active on discord so i would love to help others on it

Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below?

Yes

Do you have 50 Post Count?

I have now 91 with this post :)

Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up?

Yes it is because i applied for youtuber

Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums?

Of course

Do you have Skype and Discord for offline communication?

Yes

What is your Discord tag?

SmogX#8727 im already YouTuber rank on the Mineverse discord

I would correct the more errors i can in the future and i would love to have some constructive replys for everyone to make my application better. I maded all this application by myself with no dictionnairie and nothing to help me write it.

Kind Reguards SmogX :)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    2. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Support, but these colors are hurting my eyes...

3. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Support, one of the main reasons why I'm supporting is because you've clearly made an effort. Most applicants write like a lazy paragraph and it's all messy and stuff. I love the diversity in colour and you've had experience as staff in the past on other servers which in my opinion is a big benefit. I feel like you're mature enough for this position if you were to get it and having a translator could be beneficial for us as well sometime in the future. You're pretty well known in the community (on kitpvp and op mostly i thnk). You're an all around kind and genuine person judging off your youtube videos (since we haven't talked before) and you make good content in attempt to not only grow yourself as a person and channel, but helping mineverse grow too. I honestly hope you can get accepted, be nice to have another youtuber as mod, getting kinda lonely here:(

Best of luck bro:D

P.S. you can bump your app every 1-2days but make sure to delete your last bump before doing so

4. SmogX

I’m changing that right now g

I have no words thank you su much rent

Hahahahaha Is that better my man ?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2020
    5. Everam - Mike

Everam - Mike Active Member

first time we ever fought u hackusated me, whats stopping you from false banning me when you're mod?
      no support

6. SmogX

I mean maybe i was wrong, but nothing proove me im no right :)

7. Vem

Vem Experienced Member

Smog bro, you've applied too early from my point of view - I love you as a person and I'd love to have you on the staff team some day, but as of right now I don't see you fit for this position yet - need some little improvements here and there and I'll be more than happy to support you.

This doesn't mean you should close your app, I just want to see more from you in order for me to support you as a staff member - (I can go into depth in a call if you want me to)

Good luck on your application tho :)

8. SmogX

I would love to :)

Ill try to know more about the forum rules and how to dont double post because i actually dont know how to respond 2 messages in 1.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2020
    9. ProdBrodie

ProdBrodie Active Member

Support even know I don’t necessarily like you, you took the time to write out your application and spent time thinking about it.

10. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

No support, sorry - you aren't ready to be staff in my opinion
      - Low amount of reports
      - Low activity on forums
      - Low activity on discord
      Low knowledge of forums

Good luck!

11. SmogX

After thinking about it i think your right but i still wont delete my application cause i am actually learning

12. Aly

Aly Alchemist Premium

Instead of pressing ''post reply'' immediately after quoting one person, you can press ''reply'' again on the other comment you want to quote and it should allow you to quote another person in the same reply.

If you have anything else to add to your previous reply, you can use the ''Edit'' button instead of posting twice in a row. Hope this helped!

13. AxeGodGoku

AxeGodGoku Active Member

Support.
      Great player to have around. Best mineverse youtube page i've seen. Also you one of the realest here.

14. Agentyy

Agentyy Well-Known Member

I'm not a Mineverse player, so I cannot speak for your activity in-game. I think the timing is odd to be posting this, considering you just got promoted to YouTuber the other day. I can only hope that you are creating this because you have an interest in moderating the server and not because you want two titles. I think it would be best to get familiar/comfortable with having the YouTube rank (e.g make sure you can handle it by uploading regularly) and with using forums/Discord before focusing on your staff application. I'm not suggesting you close it, but I think you need to work more on being comfortable with all platforms you would be required to moderate and all responsibilities that you currently have and the ones that will come with the position.

I don't think it's necessary or best to include the server names in your application.

Best of luck.

15. SmogX

Thank you for the reply and i totally agree with you

16. Salvation

Salvation Experienced Member

No support, your English is awful.

Edit:
      Mine are Bill Cosby & R. Kelly

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    17. zStrafe

zStrafe Experienced Member

The colorss man haha. Just keep it nice and simple.

18. SmogX

After thinking about it I think I applied to quickly I still have a lot of things to learn before that so I’ll let my application in suspension

19. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

je ne veux pas donner mon avis encore car je pense que vous avez postulé trop tôt. mais je dirai que c'est très bien écrit, même si l'anglais n'est pas votre langue maternelle. n'écoutez pas les gens qui ne sont pas bilingues, ils son jalouxes. le français n'est pas ma langue maternelle, j'apprends encore, mais je voulais vous répondre en français pour vous féliciter de vos efforts pour rédiger cette essai dans une autre langue. j'ai du mal à écrire ce petit paragraphe après avoir étudié le français pendant 10 ans, donc c'est vraiment impressionnant que vous ayez réussi à écrire cet essai.

tout ce que je peux dire, c'est de continuer à travailler dur, à signaler les incidents aux joueurs et à être actif. finalement vous y arriverez.

je suis désolé pour mon mauvais français :p

bonne chance !

20. Rainingnights

Rainingnights Established Member

No support because you are gonna false ban people

21. boba

boba Retired Administrator Premium

To be frank, I think it’s wrong for you to presume something before it happens. How would you know if the applicant will false ban players? It’s too quick of you to judge and if they ever become moderator, then I guess you have the right to presume at that time but it sounds a bit rude to judge someone. I believe the applicant is mature enough to know what’s right and what’s wrong. He will not ban someone falsely and there are guidelines staff follow to know when to ban and he’s probably going to ban when someone is doing something wrong and not freely.

As for my support status, I think I will go with a neutral right now. I cannot judge you based on in game but I will judge you on Forums. Like many said you applied a bit too early and I haven’t seen many reports from you. I will come to change my status to support when I see more reports and a bit more activity on the Forums.

- Boba <3

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.