x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Skygrid Skygrid

Discussion in 'New Gamemode Ideas' started by Jonkeh1337, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Jonkeh1337

Jonkeh1337 Active Member

Yo i was playing skygrid alot and i really liked it so i really want skygrid back

oh i forgot please add pvp to skygrid if skygrid is coming back

2. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Skygrid was honestly one of my top gamemodes to play on. Support

3. Siblinqs

Siblinqs Active Member

I relate skygrid for me wasn't my favorite game but it takes my mind away from the toxicity from pvp and just overall a great gamemode that most server dont have.

4. Jonkeh1337

Jonkeh1337 Active Member

5. Arararagi

Arararagi Kokorowatari

Oh damn, I completely forgot skygrid existed. It was okay, why not. Now that player counts rose again in the past months, it might even be manageable.

6. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Support

7. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

Support

8. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

I feel like with the new players coming in, this could thrive if everyone started at similar times. it’s kind of tough getting to the top when everyone’s been playing so much longer. There’s no better time than during quarantine to introduce this game mode, support

9. Jonkeh1337

Jonkeh1337 Active Member

Thx i would love to have it back

Same here i forgot about it but now i remember so i made this and i would love to have it back

Thx and yea its fit perfect at this time on quarantine

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2020
    10. Yin

Yin Boss Member

My baby ;;

There are a few reasons why I believe Skygrid fell apart:
      1. The server was outdated. Only blocks from the 1.2 eras of Minecraft.
      2. Sponges didn't work, resulting in griefing being a common fear that couldn't easily be punished or compensated for.
      3. The lack of a selling or auctioning system meant that any trade through chat came with the risk of getting scammed out of a good, a base getting griefed if the trade weren't taking place at spawn, and no incentive for players to build up any sort of economy or monopoly. The former two points were feasibly punishable since you could host the trade at spawn and have you or a third party record the transaction, but that is not nearly as desirable when you could easily /auction whatever you want safely.
      This resulted in gameplay that was a lot dryer than it could've been, as well as the constant risk of any losing projects with no hopes of ever getting back. The server was completely shafted from the start. Although it did have popularity on par with Creative and Skyblock at its inception, it's easy to see why it died down quicker than it's non-PVP predecessors.

I'm sure Skygrid would have more longevity if it were to address the three problems above, but I think the idea of adding PVP is misguided. Given how linear movement in Skygrid is, landing one bow shot practically decides a winner, which if you remember the BowPVP game mode from 2015, didn't bode well. There's also the issue of spawn kills since you can't defend yourself or your base after the first kill.

Getting to the actual point at hand, I'd be delighted to see one of my favorite game modes come back even more fleshed out and properly functioning, and while there may be an increase in users recently that could suggest interest, I don't think that it's big enough to warrant bringing the game mode back. Its been about three months since the Bedwars release and the game mode is already a ghost town, not to mention that most the traffic MV gets nowadays are in the PVP game modes. I already stated why I don't think Skygrid could integrate PVP, further suggesting that it won't have enough traffic even if taken into good care by the developers.

(although if MV could get the numbers to warrant its return, I would hope this is one of their first considerations to add.)