x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Skyblock Skyblock changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SillyBing, Oct 20, 2020.

?

Change the Skyblock economy

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
      100.0%
    2. No

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    1. SillyBing

SillyBing Experienced Member

Recent Skyblock changes made to the gamemode haven't been the best. As a community, we aren't happy about the changes made to the economy. We appreciate the attempt to improve the gamemode but the update does no good when it makes the gamemode less fun and the whole community unhappy. Specifically, the rise in price of dirt was unsatisfying. Additionally, the price change to sand was insane. The price of sand increased by double. Which isn't logical because the only use for sand is cactus farms that don't make much money compared to how far dirt can get you. (Sand and dirt is important because it is essential for farms) Yesterday the new change nerfed pumpkin farms a second time (last time it was September 8th). We thought they've taken it too far. It practically made pumpkin farms obsolete. Many Skyblockers like myself has worked hard on their farms, a change like this rendering all our hard work useless is devastating. Additionally, many new players have been struggling to establish a strong source of income due to this change. As a community, we would appreciate it if you would change Skyblock, setting the prices of sand and dirt back to the way it was before the change made on September 8th and set the sell prices of things like pumpkins back to its original sell price. Thank you for reading :)

2. DestinytheHunter

DestinytheHunter Established Member

I think with how skyblock is at the moment new users and users with no rank and little to no money really struggle to thrive on the server as most things that those players need is extremely expensive for them to purchase.
      Some items that are needed to help a newer player out is somewhere between 500-2000$ depending on the choices and items they may desire. And when it comes to farming with the recent changes, it’s even harder for the newer players to want to stay and play more as it’s just harder to start out.
      I feel like we need to make it easier especially for the newer people to convince them to stay to increase rank purchases and so on.

3. Agentyy

Agentyy Well-Known Member

What prices did the items change to exactly? I'm assuming Noobcrew changed the prices to match what we have on Skyblock (sister server) and we had lowered sand. Sand used to be $1500 and I believe it's now at $1200 or $1300.

4. scoliosis_

scoliosis_ Established Member

I completely agree. The dirt and sand prices are way more expensive than they were like 2 months ago. The extremely overpriced dirt and sand make it hard for new players to make money on skyblock. I also don't like how the pumpkin sell prices are way lower than they were before as many people have huge pumpkin farms that aren't making as much money as they did before. The first pumpkin sell price change went from $0.65 to $0.54, and now it's $0.39. I hope Noobcrew at least considers this proposal and I hope change happens soon. #reverttheupdate

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    5. justinjung2001

justinjung2001 Established Member

As the richest skyblock player. I agree with the prices being absured. <3
      Balance.png

6. SillyBing

before Sep 8th sand use to be $800 and dirt is $600. Sand increased to 1.5k and dirt 800. Sand did drop to 1.2k but it is still too high.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    7. chuy

chuy Established Member

i feel the same way my friend introduced me to sky block and honestly its been pretty difficult. I really can't play due to the high prices for simple things like sand and dirt. I'm already in a city that is super expensive and now this game is super expensive to play I'm not sure the original prices but it really is to expensive at least in my humble opinion. please change the prices and lower them #reverttheupdate

8. Joshbro156

Joshbro156 Established Member

I am new to the game and I have been playing skyblock for 2 weeks. I think that they need to fix the economy on skyblock. When I am playing the game,I have little to no money. The prices are really insane and when it comes to farming, it’s hard for me to stay on the game with the recent change. I really want to play the game but with the new changes it’s not fun.
      #reverttheupdate

9. Taylor LaFountain

Taylor LaFountain Established Member

I'm pretty new too and this is true. I feel like a lot of the new players don't give skyblock a chance partly because it's hard to get money unless you get lucky and someone gives you a large ammount. I was gifted like 600k and it really made me want to keep playing. I feel like what silly suggested would really increase the chance of keeping players interested

10. Vicmic200

Vicmic200 Established Member

I fully support this. Skyblock needs a change because it's literally impossible for anyone to make any real source of money cause the price of dirt and sand is so expensive you would have to wait a week just to get one stack. As a new player, I have had to make money by using other people's farms because I would make literally nothing. How do you expect people to make money or even enjoy their time if they dont see the progress? As an owner, I would want to listen to the community so that people stay interested. #RevertTheUpdate

11. xPROxDAWGx

xPROxDAWGx Established Member

Good Afternoon,

Something that is very important that I believe some of our server leadership may be overlooking is the fact that islands on the server have been around for as long as around 2 years ago, which means that those players have had the opportunity/privilege of having a much more cozy/relaxed economy, which has only recently been restricted for newer players. Someone could put in work on their island nowadays, 24/7, and quite literally never catch up to the top islands when it comes to economic wealth. (Island level is possible, however.)

I believe several changes to skyblock's economy are in order, with primary concerns being as follows:

1) Dirt/sand and their relevance to farms, as well as ways in order to obtain these blocks.
      2) Ways to obtain exceptionally rare items that shouldn't be, including lapis lazuli, emeralds, obsidian, glass/glass bottles, flint, original drop rates for quartz ore and glowstone, gold ore and iron ore.
      3) Villager farms/iron golem iron drops: If a player takes the time and effort to cure two zombie villagers legitimately, creates a villager farm, and subsequently spawns irongolems using this villager farm, that should account for something due to the level of difficulty to accomplish this task, as well as how expensive it can be to make the items involved for the process, such as golden apples and splash potions of weakness. At this time, trading with villagers is impossible, which is very discouraging for the players who are attempting to obtain valuable items that they can use for island level, aesthetics, and general wealth.
      4) I believe that drop rates for iron golems can be reduced in the interest of not flooding the server economy with iron overnight, but eliminating them as a source of iron entirely with their spawn rate being as low as it is, is very overkill (as iron golem spawners are impossible to obtain as far as I have seen). I do not have much experience with zombie pigmen gold drop rates, but as they seem to be the only feasible source of decent income, I suspect many players would like to attempt to make gold farms using large amounts of obsidian. Again, the problem here is that it is impossible for us to obtain more obsidian from the nether, and the price of it per block from the normal shop is outrageous. It would take weeks, if not months to accumulate an adequate amount of obsidian in order to even attempt a gold farm now, and who knows how well it will even perform considering the drop rate of gold from zombie pigmen has also been drastically reduced.
      5) Lack of the /challenges mechanic. /challenges currently takes you to /achievements, which amount to literally nothing. The original /challenges plugin would allow for players to have an albeit difficult, but fair way to farm many kinds of valuable items that are all listed as my number 2 point.

Leadership, I ask that you think of the new, aspiring players who are attempting to catch up on 2 whole years worth of work. Thank you for considering the points that I have brought to the table today.

12. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner

The prices of dirt and sand are back at their old amounts now. As for pumpkins, it has become really difficult as these massive pumpkin farms create lag on the server, the price was lowered to deter the usage of the machines a bit.

I think something that can be looked into is encouraging 'shop runners', basically if the price of a pumpkin is $0.39 and the price per pumpkin to sell at /warp shop is $0.70 (now $0.89 each), you could instead create your own shop on your island for the price of $0.50 (or more) and ask players to run to /warp shop for profit.

They would buy a stack of your pumpkins for $0.50 for $32 instead of the current /shop price of $24.96 and then warp to the shop and sell them for $56.96. This is so players that sit and use auto sell benefit less unless they have a physical shop, and those that are actually playing can find a new way to make a good amount of money as well.

13. OhhmgHarder

OhhmgHarder Experienced Member

So, what I don't understand is how you say that reducing the pumpkin sell price from /sell all is going to reduce machines? I'm almost 100% certain that everyone with a big pumpkin farm is going to use /sell all instead of going to warp shop. Going to /warp shop will take sooo much longer then what it already takes. (I think /warp shop you can only sell 64 items per click?) For my anyways, I'm going to continue using /sell all as I don't have all day to sell damn pumpkins. When you say 'reduce lag for the server,' wouldn't it only create lag for the players within the skyblock island of the pumpkin farm? How would it affect anyone with coordinates miles away. I've been playing for around a month now and i've never once seen anyone say 'it's so laggy' unless they're in a pumpkin farm. I doubt there is enough players with pumpkin farms who afk daily will even make the slightest lag spike anyway?

If anything, the reduce of the pumpkin sell price with /sell all is literally wanting to make me quit as that's literally the only income anyone will ever have.

14. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner

It's basically so the people doing it aren't receiving more and more money for doing it.

And yes, everyone will continue to use /sell all, that's the issue and that's why we added the /warp shop. And no, players being around machines isn't going to create physical lag if it's already loaded, it likely would create client lag for the user, but 1 person loading the machine is just as much as 100 people around it.

The lag is there though and I see it happen often, just because it's not always occurring or noticeable, all it takes is one user to overload the server. I've seen machines on the server that when turned on could basically make the server unplayable or crash.

I think the main issue here is the economy is just running on pumpkin farms, we are open to suggestions on introducing new ways for users to make money and have less of an experience that revolves around afking at farm. If you have any ideas, let us know.

15. OhhmgHarder

OhhmgHarder Experienced Member

I agree with you and how you're wanting to reduce lag. However, anyone with a farm efficient enough has dubs on dubs on dubs for their farms. When you say we should use /warp shop instead, we can only sell a stack a time, there's 40 clicks to sell ONE inventory. 2 Dub's are 3 full inventory's and that's 80 clicks just there with 2 warps each way. If you add that up that's honestly ridiculous.

I've put hours & hours on end to get my farm to where it is just for the /sell all price's to be nerfed. Think I'd do it if I knew they were going to get nerfed? No way.

I think it'd be a good idea for another efficient source of income. However, with the skyblock economy you need to build massive scales of farm for anything to be efficient anyway...

16. SillyBing

Thank you Noobcrew I appreciate the changes you made :) However, I agree with @OhhmgHarder. With all due respect, no one has experienced any sort of lag or complained about it. Lowering the sell prices of pumpkins has nothing related to how the farms operate. Viewing the perspective from a player like me, who spent 3 months working on my farm, to have it nerfed is disappointing. I understand as a server owner, you want to make the gamemode more exciting instead of having the game revolve around the idea of being afk. However, skyblockers enjoy this. When we make the farms we know what we are going in to, we know we will be afking and it's not boring for any of us. We spend hours working on these farms and afking at them is rewarding, knowing all our hard work is being paid off. But when they are nerfed, it feels like you lost something instead of feeling proud of what you made. I like the idea of a profit shop you proposed. But unfortunately it doesn't work with the skyblock environment. More than half of the players in skyblock are long time players that know what they are doing and know that making their own farms is the smartest idea while the other half are new players that don't know how shops work and are slowly figuring out the economy. Profit shops simply don't work and all of them are unused. We would appreciate it if you would change pumpkin farms to the way it was before. Thank you for reading :)

#reverttheupdate

17. Taylor LaFountain

Taylor LaFountain Established Member

perfectly said silly :) and thank you noobcrew for the changes you already made, but i agree that there isnt much lag at all on the server #reverttheupdate

18. Vicmic200

Vicmic200 Established Member

I Support sillybing #Revert the update

19. chuy

chuy Established Member

i very much agree with this its now nice that the prices have been lowered but i still don't think it was enough i understand @Noobcrew concern for the lag but i play on a crappy old 2009 mac and haven't experienced any lag i don't think you should worry about other peoples connection. i think lowering the prices helped but I'm still struggling to start farming I'm basically a typical person struggling to support him self i do hope that the prices get lowered #reverttheupdate

20. scoliosis_

scoliosis_ Established Member

Hello Noobcrew.

You're saying that some machines make the server unplayable. How can one person overload a server, but you also say it causes client lag when no one is around the machines? And the time I've been playing on the server, I don't think the server has overloaded, even when there are multiple pumpkin farms active at once everyday. And still, why change how economy is running now? Many people have been running on pumpkin farms for years. IDK #reverttheupdate