x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Not Implemented Site change

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ExoticInkling, Dec 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. ExoticInkling

ExoticInkling Active Member

I really think the site needs to be changed. I think its just too narrow and not add broad as it should be. I suggest that you remove forums and just make it a traditional website. I suggest you make options at the top with drop down menus. I suggest you change the suggestion way as well. I also think you should add an application for people to work on the server and make it better. Someone like who helps out with plugins, designs, configuration, because I wanted to become more active in the server, but I am not the person who wants to go and ban people, I want to make the server better and bring it back to where it was years ago. Making it popular and fun again.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2020
    2. Chipemunk

Chipemunk twink

Suggesting to make the forums more easy to navigate is fair enough but I don’t understand how you think that making the website just basically a support page will help? The server relies on a community at this point and that isn’t a bad thing- for example some companies operate just to meet a profit rather than maximise profits and mineverse pretty much has a similar thing with its playerbase. Removing the forums feature will discourage the community to interact and in-turn will mean a decrease in interaction with the community.

also the forums has also been recently been separated from the main website - it is not what the website is built around anymore as there is now a page which is basically a support page which you are suggesting the mineverse website should become.

I don’t understand what you mean by the last few sentences what I can make out is that you are asking to become staff and in the suggestion suggest a place where people can apply and maybe don’t realise that you can actually already apply to become moderator.

3. ExoticInkling

Clearly you do not understand me. I said to make drop down categories, change the look, and make it easy to access for new players. The rules section should not literally just have its own section called rules. There should be a "More Information" drop down section and some things would be there, such as the servers, rules, discord, voting, etc. There should be a "Support" drop down for reports, contacting, ban appeals, and reporting bugs. There should be a "Community" drop down section containing about the community, like staff members, suggestions, applications, etc. Removing the forums and making it a nice and trditional easy to use website would make the server and site more popular. There are like 20 people max online a day on each server, and this needs to change like it was years ago when it was popular and everything was nice. I hopped on at night last night, there were less than 100 players online the entire server. If they can make an application to change the server NOT BANNING PEOPLE, or muting, it should be. People get together and make plans to make it better. Getting better plugins, designs for stuff, etc.

4. boba

boba Retired Administrator Premium

I feel like the Forums is fine the way it is. It’s pretty easy to use and it has all the things we need. The look is perfect the way it is. It’s simple, decent and has easy navigation.
      There already is an In-Game Support category for all these things and another system called “Support Tickets” for payment related and other help issues which is very organized. There is no need for more drop downs. Just click the forums button and all categories and subcategories come up.
      There’s already a category for this called Informstion with the Server Rules, Forums Rules, Post Farming Definition Thread and a lot more. To add with this voting has its own section called Vote at the top bar. When you visit mineverse.com, there are 4 sections, and it includes Voting. The Discord is also there and the Discord is also at one spot on the home page of the Forums.
      Already a category for this called Community itself. Staff Applications are in the In-Game Support category, Staff Team is its own section/drop down and Suggestion is in the Community Category.

This is unnecessary. Why revert the whole Forums when it’s already easy to navigate, easy to use and has lots of sections that are organized.

No support.

5. ExoticInkling

The server is dying. Everything needs change. Reset servers. You cannot let people get prot 4 and crap and keep it forever in kitpvp. Make a reset system every year for every gamemode, and top people can vouchers for mv store. The forums are not needed and could be changed, while just adding chat to the site. I cannot even change my name to my ingame name now, when everything should be linked. You should not be able to join the discord unless u are registered on mineverse, or even make a site account.

6. boba

https://forums.mineverse.com/account/UserNameChange ?

Anyone should be able join the Discord, there’s no need for requirements. Just abide with the rules and you should be fine.

7. Chipemunk

Chipemunk twink

I think you have confused dying with a steady low player base

8. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

I see no reason to remove the forums, it's one of the most active parts of the server and keeps the community together. It's been here nearly since the server started and will not be leaving the server until hell freezes over.

We don't have this because we don't need this. Mineverse is rarely in the need for more admins or developers. When we do need another admin/developer crew usually finds people he knows and can trust, not based off an application on a forum.

The gamemodes do not need to be reset every year, if they were they would be less popular then they are now. Not to mention the work that would need to be done to reset every gamemode on mineverse and do it well.

In my option, changing everything (which you clearly want) would kill the server. The only reason a lot of people have hung around all these years and still play is because of the nostalgia. Because you can go on creative and see builds you made in 2016, because you can go on the forums and see posts from people you haven't spoken to in years. That's what keeps bringing people back. If anything change was what drove so many people away. Doing things like removing kits to try and loosely comply with a crummy EULA that would get the server blacklisted in the future anyway and resetting gamemodes with versions that many didn't want and didn't like hurt us more then leaving things alone.

Not to mention, a lot of these "issues" aren't a problem to begin with, even if somebody has issues navigating the forums they're easily overcome by talking to staff or a helpful community member.

9. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

No support.
      1. Forums are the most intuitive types of websites there is.
      2. Many players spend more time on the Forums than actually in-game.
      3. Server resets is what killed the faction servers, especially OP Factions. It was also the cause of many people quitting OP PvP since all the reset did was remove rare items and clear bals.
      4. What is that you said about removing the rules of the server and forums from the site? Why? I really don't get this one.
      5. We have Suggestions for putting forward your thoughts about improving the server
      6. We have Staff Applications for applying to become staff.
      7. We have Reports to snitch on rule breakers and abusive staff.
      8. We have Discussion and Off-Topic for the community to be a community. The former for things refering to the server specifically and off-topic for regular banter. We even have Rant for blowing off steam.
      9. We have Bugs/Exploits and Support Tickets for reporting bugs and the like.
      10. Why do you think that making the Discord harder to access is a good thing?

I get how you feel. 2014-2016 were the golden years of Mineverse but it's never going to be the same as it was back then. The stupid decision by Noobcrew to follow the EULA compounded with the drop in active Minecraft players, in general, was too much to overcome. That said the biggest reason so many players including myself has stayed so long is the nostalgia and community the forums offers. We don't have to be at our PC's, we can log on the forums and chat or leave messages to our friends. Personally one of my favourite things on Mieverse was arguing with people on here.

I just don't see a single merit in destroying all that for a generic cookie-cutter website.

10. boba

Thank you for submitting your suggestion. We have decided that we will not be implementing this suggestion.

Should you have any more suggestions or feedback for how we may improve the network, please feel free to create another thread.

Thread moved to archives.

Regards,
      The Staff

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.