x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Implemented Separate /heal and /feed commands

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rent, Jul 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Hi,

So the /feed and /heal commands have been one in the same for ages now. I was thinking maybe we can separate them? When you use your heal it also counts as using /feed which is annoying because on Survival you lose hunger fairly quickly, especially while mining or exploring which is what most people do.

Players with the rank(s) that have access to these commands should have the right to use them as their own commands, not joint.

You could argue we could just carry around a stack of steak or something but no one uses food, we all use /feed if we have access to it.

I would just like the cooldown on /feed to be from 1 minute to around 15 - 30 seconds so that we can use it around the time our hunger is down a few. Also make it so /heal doesn't count as /feed.

Hope this thread makes sense, let me know what you think, thanks! :D

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    2. Malc

Malc The Pro Moderator Premium

Support for both suggestions

3. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

Support OwO

4. rent

Thanks!

5. Salvation

Salvation Experienced Member

no support, this mega P2W

6. Malik Shahid

Malik Shahid Established Member

The way the plugin is coded is /heal will heal you in every possible way. That being health, hunger, and any buffs or debuffs you have. The command is the same on every server that uses this plugin. (/heal is a buffed /feed) This isn't a bad idea if this server has anyone that actually knows how to code, but it doesn't seem to be that way seeing that the only plugins this server has are are all free and public plugins. (I have my own server hosted by minehut and most plugins I have on it are literally the exact same.)

7. rent

How? It's for users with the commands already, it wouldn't make a difference between the players with and without the commands, they're still there. Not really p2w when the commands don't affect other players unless it's a heal all which isn't what I'm talking about in this post, I'm talking for self benefit and just changing around the commands ranked players already have.
      I agree, if we can implement it correctly I feel like it would be a good addition and what you said makes sense, thanks for the feedback :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    8. Salvation

Salvation Experienced Member

Currently, according to your thread, you can only use /heal OR /feed once per minute. If I'm understanding your thread correctly, you'd like to be able to /heal once per minute AS WELL AS /feed once every 15/30 seconds. Making commands that already exist for donators more than twice as better is pay to win, regardless of how you want to frame it.

9. rent

No. I want to make /heal and /feed separate from each other when used and then reduce the cooldown for /feed. You're acting as if it's going to break the server, it's /feed not /heal lol. I just wanna be able to feed myself whenever my hunger runs out, don't see the big deal.

10. dopee

dopee Moderator Moderator

I agree, hate when I have used the /heal command and later in I need to use the /feed command but it has a countdown. Full support

11. rent

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    12. rent

Bumppppppppp

13. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

^ this.

They are connected through essentials. It isn't really impossible to separate the cooldowns, however, the reason that I've gathered they're connected in the first place seems relatively valid.

Let's say you have a beacon, potion, or some other effect, and you run the command /heal. The effect(s) are gone, your hunger is replenished, and you're at full health. Say it was the same scenario, but you just ran /feed instead to replenish your hunger. The effects are still present, you've only now gotten full hunger so that you can begin to regenerate health (if any health was lost).

Okay, I give up on that line of exemplary speech as I don't know where to go from there. However, what I'm trying to say is they are both essentially a /heal command but heal in a different way. Disconnecting the cooldowns would possibly render food rather useless, and allow for you to heal yourself twice before being affected by a cooldown. I imagine this would also impact the gameplay of PVP, while not entirely important for survival obviously, still an aspect.

The cooldown for /heal | /feed in the first place is already pretty low as well.

These are just my thoughts on this.

14. bre

bre Active Member

Support. If you don’t understand it, and if you’re able, I highly suggest playing for a few hours and using both commands, and maybe you’ll understand it better.

15. rent

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not asking to change how /heal and /feed work I'm simply just wondering if there's a way they can be separate commands? There's no change needed to each command at all, separate them into their own commands and have them work like any other command.

If people are too worried about feeding themselves twice, you can even make it so healing does not replenish your hunger but you still have separate access to both commands in case you need to either feed yourself or heal yourself.

Just separate them, that's all really, it seems like most of the communities agrees too which would be a good addition and make a lot of people happy while playing Survival.

16. ybw_jay

ybw_jay Established Member

Not going to lie I like the /heal to heal you and to feed you.

17. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

Went ahead and did this for survival too, see this reply to the Remove Heal All suggestion for more info.

(Will be applied next server reset)
      Thanks.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.