x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Global Scam Updates?!?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dune, Apr 20, 2021.

1. dune

dune Active Member

I'm making this so some sort of reminder telling players to record their deals, exactly like the "Don't forget to vote!" reminder, is added in. I don't want to be told my screenshots are insufficient AFTER I get scammed when I wasn't told to always be recording for these types of things. I'm tired of seeing players getting scammed over and over and then being told to "gather more evidence in the future" or "we only accept recordings as evidence," after they get scammed. They shouldn't need to be gathering more evidence! Once you're scammed, you're scammed! It's only after being on this server for a while is where players start to be like " Is any staff online to middle man " or " I'll go first I'm recording you." Get this added in ASAP. I know you staff members are tired of typing the same thing over and over to victims of being scammed I'm calling you guys out to come here and support this thread. Thanks for reading!

2. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

It states in the rules - indepth thread (in bold) to record scams with video evidence.

[​IMG]

Even if you can't record, you can simply /msg a mod or tag the @Moderator role in the MV discord for them to come on and middle man for you (where the mod takes both parts of the trade + distributes them, to prevent from one party not holding up their end of the deal). We do as much as we can to prevent scamming, but, when it comes down to it, as it says in the rules, trading is always done at your own risk.

Personally, i think having an in-game reminder to record scams would reflect badly on the server. Imagine logging on for the first time and seeing that alert in chat, and thinking "wow, how common must scamming be then?" It's not a good look. However, I wouldn't be opposed to having something about having scams needing video evidence showing more prominently in the main rules page, as that is where people's attention is drawn to first. A server announcement just seems a bit unprofessional to me, but hey, that's just my opinion.

We provide as many preventative measures as possible, including staff to middle man - and honestly, recording a deal or asking a staff to supervise the trade in order to protect your money and items is just common sense.

3. dune

dune Active Member

People's attention are not drawn first to the main rules page when they 1st join the server xd. You're right, its just your opinion however its still something that's beneficial and I know there are scams all the time on this server. As far as I'm concerned no matter how many supports this gets it will most likely not get added but still worth a shot ;/ I wrote it was common sense then deleted it because I still felt players where getting scammed more often then they should be
      Edit: there's barely any players so I don't know who its going to look bad too ;p
      Another Edit: Survival is advertising payout when there hasn't been payouts for months but its still there and another thing is /bar is removed but also still being advertised. I think the fac t that this just being common sense is still a good reason for it to be added because at least it wont be advertising things ingame that don't even exist or don't happen anymore
      TRIPLE EDIT: I know my spelling/grammar suck I don't care I just looked through this reply quickly.

For Visual Learners.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2021
    4. ProdBrodie

ProdBrodie Active Member

I wish staff would give your stuff back after a scam and take the items from the other player but at last they could sell those items Drop them or give them away which sucks no support scamming isn’t a big deal I record all deals and if it’s a big deal or in game money for a rank on Mineverse I get a mod.

5. Skrown

Skrown Well-Known Member

Unnecessary chat message. Mineverse players just need to learn to be patient if they can’t record.. But some kids on here are desperate for items therefore they deserve to be scammed so they can learn from there mistake.

Also most of the players that play now have probably already been scammed or are scammers so

6. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

To be fair scamming is common

7. dune

dune Active Member

Welp not the replies I was expecting but oh well dead thread now ;p

8. Ref

Ref Active Member

Yes but who's the one making the mistake, the player who got scammed is... Because usually they either don't have enough proof or report it using screenshots even though video is required or they just simply make it so easy for the scammer to scam them... If you don't want to get scammed just get a middleman or try to make it as comfortable for yourself as possible.

9. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

Bro i just said scamming is common idrc abt this lol