x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Skyblock SB Waterlogged Fence??[Noted]

Discussion in 'Help' started by Brenden Kilburn, Jun 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Brenden Kilburn

Brenden Kilburn Established Member

Hey there,

Wasn't sure how to contact server ops so sorry if this is the wrong place. I've been attempting to build an AFK fish farm, but I'm having an issue. When I go into Single Player, I am able to place a Heavy Weighted Pressure Plate on top of a fence post on top of a hopper and be able to use a water bucket to waterlog the fence post. On Skyblock, this does not work. Can anyone please explain what's going on and how to fix? Thanks.

TruRedstoneGuy

2. CodBucket

CodBucket Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Premium

Try going into Minecraft version 1.8.9 and build what you're trying to build. Just tried this and It works for me.

Let me know if you're still having trouble.

3. Brenden Kilburn

Okay, I tried reverting to multiple different versions and no such luck... AH! PS - Just realized how far the textures have come... Lol

4. CodBucket

Can you build what you're trying to build in a survival world and post a screenshot of that build here? Maybe I wasn't fully understanding what you're trying to build.

5. Brenden Kilburn

Here is a screenshot - Note that I am currently in single player survival mode on version 1.16.5 unmodded.

I think I found the issue...

If you do command /ver, you'll notice it's a different outcome depending on if you're at /hub or creative or skyblock etc. This fish farm works perfectly fine on the creative server. Could the devs look into updating the SB server? Through some digging around I found https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/bukkit/org/bukkit/Material.html this page suggesting that the current SB /ver does not support water logged (pretty much anything).

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2021
    6. CodBucket

You are correct.

Mineverse has this plugin that allows players with newer (and older) client versions to connect to older server versions. This means that you are able to connect with a 1.8 client while the server version is 1.12.2 (and you can even connect with newer client versions like 1.16.5). Because of this, some features might not work as they would in 1.16.5, which is why you weren't able to build your waterlogged fence on Skyblock. Remember that water physics was changed in the aquatic update. I hope this explanation made sense.

You could make a suggestion for a Skyblock update by clicking here.

If you don't have any more questions I can go ahead and close this thread.

7. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

Thank you for bringing your issue to our attention! There is currently no fix to your issue, and we apologize for any inconvenience. However, this has been brought to the admin's and owner's attention. We hope to get the problem resolved soon.

This thread is locked and moved to Help - Archives.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.