x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Sandjø

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Sando3, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

Hello everyone!

Since I think me no longer being staff will be quite the shock to some people (moderators that weren't at our last meeting included), I've decided to make a post about it.

As the title suggests I've decided to step down from my position of Head Mod, and this was decided all the way back in May. I've purely been around the past month to help reduce stress and work on everyone who has been busy with their exams, and trying to make it less of a mess with my departure. I want to make it clear I am in no means planning on disappearing; I am purely leaving the moderation and management side of things. I will still attend the movie nights and since several commands and features of the Mineverse Discord are authorised by me, you are likely to see me with some makeshift admin perms role there until it has been transferred over to someone with the necessary permissions. I am not staying on any part of the staff team though, the discord team included.

Being staff has probably been one of the most fun experiences I've ever had. I've always been very involved and interested in what's going on with Mineverse. Even long before I became a staff member I made sr-mod emojis, sent crew server icons for halloween and christmas, had custom commands such as hunting on the Discord, and so much more. I mean I literally set up the current MV Discord in December of 2017... That's one and a half year before I became staff, which is insane. I have also in all years of Mineverse been surprisingly close with several staff members whether it was Connor, Kenji, Pile, Tigerz, Auzzi, Random, Whyet, Gabby, Clarity, Ordi, Tuber, Accept, Abbie, etcetc. All of this making it almost feel like I've been a part of the staff team for much longer than I actually have. I am incredibly grateful for the many friends I've made along the way and I am hoping that now that Mineverse isn't consuming so much of my free-time I'm finally able to watch more than 1 new anime a year and get properly back into spending time with my all-time favourite non-staff friends that deserve a proper shout-out: Pandi, Courtney, Tak, Waffles, Noface, Logen, Swift and Qwiby. It would also be wrong to forget about the friends I made on the staff team; in particular Janice, Quert, Aly, Sabrina, Rasmus and Cwes.

I think it will at first be somewhat hard for the staff team to adapt to my absence since I bring quite a few things to the table that people may take for granted, just like Pastel, Kinsey, Accept and Aly did and deserve to be recognised for as well. With people leaving though I believe it opens up for change, and that individuals that previously didn't do much can take initiative in the holes left behind. If you want to shape Mineverse and have time for it then I don't see why not apply? I always kinda wanted to apply but was always too scared to. I think a lot of you could improve not only the server but also yourself by putting the responsibilities and workload of a mod on yourself.

I've loved my 2 years being staff here and will treasure it forever. If I find enough good anime I guess I might delete the 6 TB of minecraft recordings I have on my external hard drives. One of the things I loved the most was handling appeals and checking the ban page so I will really miss that, and I must say some of you guys are scary good at breaking the rules. I wouldn't have handed out 7k otherwise jesus. Well that's all for now; the end of Yoghurt Licker

• Like Like x 1
    2. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

so ur saying u got demoted?

3. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

We've had our issues in the past but you were still a good head-mod regardless and I'm sure the community won't be the same without you.

4. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

I still have no idea how and why you managed to get 6TB of minecraft recordings. Not sure if I should be proud or very concerned about it either.

I'll miss you being on the team sandhoe

5. bre

bre Active Member

bee

6. Jarquisha

Jarquisha Active Member

You were an alright mod i guess.............. but seeing as how you liked my amazing katniss drawing i will say you did a good job :) Still mad you didn't give me a color name on discord tho :(

7. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

ilysm sandhoe, i’m endlessly proud of all you have done for the server and wish you the best of luck <3

8. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

I'll miss u bro <3

9. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

bittersweet but im happy for you and understand it, really hope to stay in touch

10. Agentyy

Agentyy Well-Known Member

good mod i think

11. boba

boba Retired Administrator Premium

NO SANDO WTF WHY D: SO SAD I AM LITERALLY SOBBING :( YOU WERE AMAZING <333333333

12. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

Did you like my ban appeals

13. Aly

Aly Alchemist Premium

so.. what i'm getting is you resigned to watch anime?

It is honestly insane to see you resigning, my brain really just cannot comprehend the staff team without you. You were basically the glue to the staff team, community and the server, plus you did so much and took up so much of the responsibility even without your Head-Mod title. Although the community already knows you put in an incredible amount of effort into the server, I feel like a lot of the things you did could only be seen by the staff team, and even that still feels like nothing compared to how much time you put into the server. No one on the staff team, in the future or the past, will or could ever weigh up to what you did for this server. I mean, you pretty much did 1/2 of the things the server and the staff team needed to function. You taught me everything to being a Moderator, and without you I probably wouldn't have made it that far.

Even after you decided that you were going to resign, you still remained active throughout. When you got promoted to Head-Moderator, I really didn't know how you managed to not only act like your usual old self, keep up with real-life and still put more effort into the server than you previously did without crumbling under the pressure. While it really is unfortunate to see you leave, I understand why you did do it.

Thank you for your service to the community, the effort you put into the server, for being there for the staff members when we/they needed you, for making the Discord how it is today, for somehow helping big dums dums to being amazing Moderators (like me jkjk), and especially for listening to my non-stop complaints.

also i'm hoping that this doesn't mean that you'll stop randomly appearing in mudae channel every once in a while it really gets boring just talking to the same 1-2 people every day constantly

14. Tonya

Tonya Well-Known Member

Thanks for everything you've for the server and its players Sando. Enjoy your new free time watching anime!

15. Ref

Ref Active Member

Gl, i doubt i'll talk to you often from now on but you can enjoy life now old man

16. dune

dune Active Member

Boomer

17. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

You were one of the most hard working staff members I knew ever since I got staff. You've always helped me out whenever I needed it and for that I thank you, deeply. We were never close but that doesn't mean I never respected you, you did more for Mineverse than any of us combined and I'm sorry but that's a fact. Janice has done so so much too but you were on another level. You made sure I wouldn't step out of line when my inner toxicity came out in certain situations which is something I have learned to control thanks to you.

It will be unfortunate to log onto Mineverse knowing you're not apart of the team anymore, this has left a huge hole in the community for sure.

I wish you all the best in life, obviously as you said you're not quitting but still, it was good moderating beside you, thanks for everything.

18. Skrown

Skrown Well-Known Member

bruh rip

thank you for ur service

19. Apocalypses

Apocalypses Builder Builder

Thanks for all the hard work sando, hope I see you hanging around!

20. alma

alma Boss Member

Remember when resignation threads would be 10 pages long lol

2 years is a long time to be staff, great job man.