x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Infection Revamp!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dune, Apr 20, 2021.

1. dune

dune Active Member

Infection is dead. Here are potentially some suggestions to revive it?
      1. Remove/Nerf zombie prestige perks - From experience of playing it is somewhat survivable to outstand fighting against a p10 zombie however it doesn't take away the fact they are still highly broken and overpowered. I believe they have a fire aspect, sharpness, a bow, and poison/slowness egg. Please replace or fix a few items that come with their prestige level OR remove their perks completely.

2. Remove/Replace Maps - Some maps are in the zombies favour, the humans flavor, or completely balanced. I'd like to ask the build team to work on a map where zombies and humans have an equal chance of winning. Let's say all zombies had their prestige perks removed, what map could be built where they are able to run up to humans and kill them without getting bow spammed or any other kill method. The nether map I feel is in the human's favour due to camping on the glow stone and bow spamming. I also feel like the rust map is in the zombie's favour due to zombies having an egg AND a bow in such a small territory it's crazy. You will see why these broken maps come into play in my next suggestion.

3. (FOCUS) Leveling System/Progression System - Ranked players use their kit xp they get when they prestige to level up the basic levels then when the xp bottles become useless they go for wins to get through the higher levels since its an automatic level. I've seen countless times where humans would get their friends to turn into zombies to go kill other players so they would get the level for winning being last alive. This system is WRONG and I'd like for you to hear me out.
      The system should be humans working together so they all progress together! It will be hard for defaults to progress if they are let's say level 100 and need to be the last alive to get another level because they don't even have a kit that gives them xp bottles. In case the zombie perks do not get fixed/removed, this suggestion should at least make it more fun/remove the boosting issue because then humans would have to stick together rather than everyone be on their own to be picked off. With that being said, I know that trying to remove cross teaming in infection is close to impossible however making it so that you actually need humans to survive in order to progress rather than getting friends to kill the remaining humans for personal gain is a fantastic idea in my eyes.
      If I were a default playing as a human with other higher ranks, (Ex. TItan), they could pop their kits and we could all work together to win the match and also this will possibly lead to more defaults staying on the server rather than leaving in one day! Trust me it happens so many times! This is why, with the proper maps, the proper perks, and this suggested leveling system, zombies will not need overpowered items and both teams can fight without much advantage over one another.

Note: During the making of this I went half off of my head and the other half with a lot of thought so please add on to this if I missed anything or you would like to see something else! One thing I just thought of is the human kits because if zombies get everything stripped away the bows humans have as an example are pretty broken so I'd like to see a suggestion on how to counter this issue.

2. Ref

Ref Active Member

There's been other players who have suggested an infection revamp (Infection Revamp | Mineverse) some of them agree with you & want the same as you some of them disagree and decided to take a different path but at the end of the day all of these suggestions are good and could revive the game, it's a unique gamemode that has potential but an infection revamp has been suggested so many times, so they probably just don't want to update it yet or they might be working on it.

Also i highly agree with the zombie prestige rewards they are ridiculously overpowered and you can't do anything against them.

Support.

3. Razra

Razra Experienced Member

I agree sm, anything that’ll make infection alive again. I get many memories thinking about infection (as a player playing since 2013 and even on Uber) I would come back to MV for this.

every once in awhile I log on infection to see 0 people online, it’s heart breaking and depressing but I have hopes it can one day be revived. It’s such a good game mode.
      Eh, depends how you play it. High pres zombies have eggs and bows and can keep respawning and bow spamming them on the glow stone.

Personally another thing,
      I’d like to see teaming he bannable for awhile because I feel like that’s what kills infection; all the high level people end up not killing eachother and feast on the new players.
      Cross teaming (a human and a zombie) should not team or truce, it should simply just be Humans vs Zombies. So I like the idea. See it happening, record evidence and report.

Another thing, the game gets HELLA boring after reaching p10, i recommend adding more prestige’s as a reaosn for players to keep playing.

add more maps (balanced maps of course) it gets repetitive playing the same ones over and over and over and over.

Eh the zombie kit isn’t too stupidly overpowered; I don’t know if you guys remember servers but most of the time zombies would get sharpness bows and 2 tap humans

LETS GO LETS MAKE INFECTION ALIVE AGAIN

4. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

While this sounds good on paper, it won't be enough to keep Infection afloat. Mineverse's playercount right now is extremely low and even if we had an infection reset, after a few weeks it would die out again. There needs to be a way for Mineverse to attract new players. This is the most important thing because you can have a well made gamemode but without any players it's nothing.

The other major problem is (and no offence to these people mentioned next) that @Noobcrew and the admins have no idea how to balance infection prestiges or kits. If they want a revamp, they should focus on talking with the old infection players who have been playing for many years and we should all discuss how it should be done. This should also include completely fresh maps.

It's not like Crew will do this (Or at least I'm very doubtful he will), as he hasn't been open to these concepts in the past but if he works together with the community on this and pays a few YouTubers to create videos on this gamemode I am almost 100% certain that this gamemode will flourish.

I will make a thread very soon going into detail on what needs to be done to revive Infection but there's a lot more work that will need to be done other than these changes.

5. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

I know the staff are tied up in something right now but once Mineverses yearly large update comes around, the next thing the staff should work on is infection. I remember infection usually had at least 15 consistent players and although I never played it I know that it has a dedicated community. Robo would have good ideas for the gamemodes future so if they ever decide to revamp infection they should definitely contact him.

Support ig?

6. dune

dune Active Member

"no idea how to balance infection prestiges or kits" I agree. "It's not like Crew will do this" Semi-Agree you never know anything with this dude. "a few weeks it would die out again." True because the remaining players of mineverse already play separate gamemodes so they will probably check it out but never be a remaining player. "pays a few YouTubers to create videos on this gamemode" HIGHLY doubt that will happen perhaps an option that doesn't cost money he would probably look at that more. Besides we legit have 2 YouTubers, excluding porky because he don't have the rank but still has like 1k subs ;/, and they both make either kitpvp or oppvp content. Many threads have been made on op and kitpvp filled with suggestions and little to none have been added so chances are YouTubers prob wouldn't have a great impact but still worth trying. Players play because they find It fun, without the fun there's little to nothing that will keep them there. That being said if they added several suggestions (WITH INTENSIVE THOUGHT) and added them at a certain date at a certain time, YouTubers could then log on and stream themselves playing while every other og infection player is online (assuming it would be like a relaunch) .

7. Razra

Razra Experienced Member

Infection needs some love