x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Respecting the (outside of a) claim?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by inh, Aug 12, 2022.

Tags:
    1. inh

inh Discord Moderator Discord Moderator

In the chat roll, a reminder line is repeatedly shown:

"Please do not grief land around a protected claim or land that you are trusted on without owner permission"

As a new player, not everything I build is within the claimed area. Just don't have the claim blocks to spear yet. The above server statement tries to give some wiggle room but as we all should know, if it's of any value (or not), and outside of a claim, be prepared to lose it.

Yeah, I get it.

Also, this is an old story, that is, this scenario has been played out repeatedly day in and day out (if not here, elsewhere at large). So I guess I'm just venting (like many others?), and documenting something, forgive.

Also, my choice on how I play, does not include 'policing' other players, or is extremely low on the priority list. I just don't want to invest in the tools and strategies to properly document the supposed infractions. I'm here to build, mine, and perhaps admire others' efforts (not the destroying kind). maybe even pickup a building tip or two...

Today, a player (I'm calling them Mrglitch, not real ign) sent a /tpa that I accepted, bringing them to one of my small claimed areas. (my mistake #1)

Mrglitch upon arriving, and after doing the bow dance, left following a path over to another nearby claimed area. We've had some griefing and looting occurring recently so I got curious and took a look at where Mrglitch had traveled to. I discovered they had taken a bunch of signs, and spammed the walkway. The walkway was not claimed of course, just near the claim. So what is wrong with that? As 1 unknown griefer a few days ago stated in a book n quill comment left behind:

"Thank you that I was allowed to take stuff from you. I am a new player. I hope next time are there more iron and diamonds
      :D "

lol, least they left a note :shrug:

Since I know the player of the claimed area, I wanted to at least document who this recent player was, to share with the claim owner upon their return. I did so, by retreating to my basement, behind "closed" doors, sitting within my claim. And created a sign with Mrglitch's name on it. Unless you were standing in the basement, no way could you know that the sign was there, let alone what was on the sign.

Moments later, I get a chat text asking me why is "Mrglitch" on a sign in my basement? Wait, what?? So I called Mrglich on it in chat, how exactly would he know such a thing.... Unless perhaps hacking?? Anyways, I guess Mrglitch has earned trust among a few other players who rushed over to check and if perhaps I was making some kind of false statement. Mrglitch and fellow players huddled around the front door, and proceeded to proclaim that the door was glitched! uh huh... k, even if that was so, and i've seen said symptoms before, yes it's possible.

The fact is, you are on someone else's claim, without trust/permissions, and knowingly entered through a glitched door, traveled down to the basement, to read a sign? (all while I was online, in the area, balls!)

Anyways, fellow players agreed it was no fault of his, and everything is ok, move on, oh and before leaving, lets kill a few pigs in the pen, I mean it's not exactly in the claimed area right?

right, if mods want 2-3 players ign that I witnessed ask.

The question is/are, what do you, the player, feel is ok, and not ok, with griefing, and looting next to a claimed area that is unclaimed? and how close or far, does it become ok? If you don't get caught, or even if you do, it's a fair game, if it's unclaimed?

:whistling no whistle:
      -itchy