x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Implemented Resetting Op Pvp

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zBuild, Jul 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. zBuild

zBuild Experienced Member

I think its about time to reset OP , Its been over a year since the last reset and it had saved the server from the doom of dying. I feel as if its time that it was once again revived and it prolongs the death of survival. OP right now is pointless with the amount of money and easy to acquire items, there's no longer competition between anyone.

Also with the new reset they could make changes and finally change the 7 year old map. They could add sharpness axes as that was sought after by people, removing kb sticks. There's multiple things they could do to adapt and change it to make it better within this reset. Also the fact OP never gets resets means the player base will increase for that slight period as currently Noobcrew's numbers are on the low and are seeing the server slowly fall.

All opinions welcome

2. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

Neutral, I don't know how I feel about resetting the players balance. Besides that I agree with what you have said, OP's map hasn't change for 7 years now and we definitely need a new one just to give us a breath of fresh air, something new.

I support adding sharpness axes without KB and removing KB sticks as they are really annoying to play against, especially if you are in a 1v1 and some player decides it would be funny to constantly interrupt the fight by hitting you with a KB stick or axe. In my opinion, KB items should be completely removed from OP as they serve no purpose and are not effective at all PvP wise.

3. zBuild

Thank you for your opinion, it fully needs to be changed or revamped in someway.

4. BigBrainMoves

BigBrainMoves Experienced Member

Definitely support the reset, I think it'd be great for new players and seem more inviting. Also, a bit change of scenery might encourage not only new but old players playing other game modes.

5. zBuild

thank you , also if u have any ideas please feel free to comment :D

6. Gini

Gini Active Member

Support

I know I messaged you in-game saying they shouldn’t reset/revamp op, but I thought more about it, and now I agree with you.

Op’s economy is so broken right now, you can literally buy sets for 1.50$ and s30s for 5$ , and even knowing s35s and s40s are still pretty expensive ( 450$ and 900$, respectively ) , some players can afford buying a lot of these type of swords and abuse them against unranked and new players.

Another thing that I would like to talk about is the removal of /eheal * and /heal (player) , I’m titan myself and I believe that these two commands are way too unfair and can be considered pay to win.

I believe that adding axes without kb and removing kb sticks would kinda ruin the fun for some players, but i personally think they should be removed, it’s so annoying when you are 1v1ing someone and another player interrupts it with an axe or a kb stick *cough cough goku4000 cough cough* .

About the map, I believe they shouldn’t change it, just add something new on it and it’s all good , but spawn needs a revamp asap, it’s way too small for the amount of people that are usually online .

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    7. zBuild

Thank you for your opinion and I fully agree with what you've said, I own 2 titan accounts and still believe eheal is too op.

8. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

I was against a reset but I have a few reasons as to why I think there should be a reset.

Firstly, at the start of the reset and sometime after, a lot of people bot farmed, some got caught some got away with it, now there's people who don't even play the server with 100k+ sitting in their balance. Obviously this can be obtained legit but there are some who didn't get it legit.

Secondly, this could support the suggestion to remove knockback sticks and possibly sharpness 40 swords as nobody will have access to them due to the game mode resetting.

Op (as far as I've seen) has had the most issues so far, whether it's annoyances lead to suggestions (i.e kb sticks) or it's just getting a bit boring logging on everyday and pvping where you left off.

A reset is needed in my opinion since KitPvP got a map revamp, Skywars came back, Bedwars came back (no one plays it now) and many other server features have been added or returned.

I'm not going to keep ranting, I support this reset so hopefully it will happen sometime in the future :D

9. Skrown

Skrown Well-Known Member

maybe just a new map, or some new updates... I don't think there should be a full on reset

10. Vaped

Vaped Experienced Member

I support everything everyone else has said about kb sticks and swords and stuff but maybe also removing a Titans ability to heal just one player individually to make it a bit more fair? Instead maybe reduce the healing cooldown for titans but also make them able to only heal all players at the same time rather than healing one person individually. This being said, it would make 1v1s a lot more fair especially when fighting with stronger gear because instead of one person having to run for their life to not die to a sharpness 40 which 4 taps people before killing them, it would be a 50/50 chance to whoever dies or doesn't... but I support.

Edit: I don't think the map should be changed.. It has been with MV for so long now and it would take people way too long to learn a whole new one from scratch and I feel like a lot of the older players coming back would lose motivation playing on a new map... so maybe instead try adding new things to the map or maybe even remove the border restriction like it used to be?

11. zBuild

I can understand what you’re saying about the map but, removing the border just causes glitches it doesn’t change anything at all as outside of that is dead land. Also revamps still need to be made to the map as it’s 7 years old and repetitive , also the spawn isn’t big enough to hold a constant player base

Even if a reset doesn’t happen , a few changes still need to be made to make sure that OP doesn’t die out like every other game mode has done

I fully agree , but i also feel like 1 reset within 7 years while continuing with the same map is a bit repetitive and could do with some revamps or changes

12. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Neutral, not sure how the community would react since some are always against a reset

13. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Neutral

14. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

No support on a complete reset.

Wouldn't mind a new map, however, I've heard that Crew has strong sentiments towards the current map which makes it all a bit difficult but since it's the voice of the whole community a new map should be implemented.

+ for sharp axes too.

15. zBuild

i fully agree with what you're saying but as for the map, maybe not even a full change just implementing or changing different things to modernise it slightly.

16. Cloked

Cloked Active Member

Support. Despite the servers recent decline in popularity, OP PvP, a game mode which has received no real big update in quite some time, has still remained as one of the more active game modes the server has to offer. To me, this just shouts in full caps that its time for an update. Although the population may be small, If OP is still able to maintain a player base unlike its Kit PvP counterpart with zero current players online, this proves how much potential OP has to be successful. With that said, here are a few things which I personally believe will strongly benefit the server...

- Removal of KB on axes in crates and an increase in the sharpness cap
      If you would like to hear my thoughts on why this would be a good change, I made a suggestion thread awhile back - https://www.mineverse.com/threads/high-sharpness-axes-with-no-kb.155341/

- New Map on Op
      Don't get me wrong, I'm all about nostalgia, but I think I can speak for many people when I say playing the same thing every day with no difference tends to get boring over time. In the current state of OP, I think that is exactly what is happening right now. Players are bored. They don't know what to do on OP because I mean, what is there to do besides PvP. Players need a reason to grind, a reason to play, and right now, there is a very little reason to play. Something needs to change and I think a new map would bring a new experience. However, a mew map doesn't offer reasons to play, so In order for this to be a positive change, new updates and changes would have to come with it.

If I had to pick a map off the top of my head, I would choose the map 'Terminal' from Modern Warfare. This map was used on an old OP PvP server I used play on and it was nothing short of amazing. It was a great PvP map which for me holds a lot of nostalgia

[​IMG]

- New Spawn
      This change is a much more minor, but still holds importance. I like the spawn as it is, its very simple, easy to navigate, but to me, its just too simple. Looking at the spawn can tell you a lot about the server, and to me, no offence, it just looks kind of lazy. For a server with a history as long as this one which used to be very popular, you would expect more out of a spawn, something that's appealing to the eye and tells a player that someone spent time and effort building this to please the player base. The current wool spawn just doesn't live up to that standard. I'm by no means saying we need a huge decked out spawn, it should still stick to its roots, being simple and easy to navigate, I just think players would appreciate a spawn which looks a bit more advanced, one that doesnt require basic level building skills.

A few other changes which could be beneficial to OP come from suggestion threads made by a few friends of mine. Shutout to these boys for the fire suggestions
      Creator: @AtomBow - https://www.mineverse.com/threads/change-ultra-key-rewards.154011/
      Creator: @RentPvP - https://www.mineverse.com/threads/trading-rooms-on-oppvp.154884/
      Creator: @Vem - https://www.mineverse.com/threads/display-the-richest-of-the-richest.154440/

With that said, I'd love to hear your guys thoughts on my ideas. We all have one thing in common: We want to see OP improve, and above that, we want to see the server successful in general, so lets get a conversation going. What do us players want on the server? What changes do we want? We are the people which keep the server alive, without the players, you have a dead server, so I feel like our ideas should be heard and implemented, so I strongly encourage you guys to share

Yours Truly,
      Cloked

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    17. zBuild

I agree with some things you have said, I fully believe that KB in general should be removed as it serves no useful purpose and the fact of Spawn/Map, its very old fashioned and simple it should be revamped to a modern style or a popular style that could entice the player base to continue playing or come back.

18. Cloked

Cloked Active Member

I’m happy to hear that you agree with some of my ideas. However, these are just my personal opinions, so would love to hear your opinion on things that you didn’t agree with if your willing to share.

19. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

Support for this

20. FailedInfo

FailedInfo Established Member

I Def support this it would help it all everyone reset there items as I know since Aciding has duped items and gave it to people and on alts im not saying names but I support it would help it would make the game good again

21. SmogX

SmogX Legendary Youtuber Premium

Neutral / Support
      I don't want to reset because I'm starting to get stuff on it but a reset would put all the players on a same level.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.