x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Implemented Rate Agree/Disagree in Mod App & Suggestion areas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Swift, Jul 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Swift

Swift Boss Member

The ability to rate agree/disagree could be helpful in the moderation application and suggestion forums (of course only replies not the main post) as people tend to say the following phrase:
      "No support reasons stated above"
      The same can be said for Support but it's usually to be overlooked in these instances.
      While this all depends on if the person who says this is willing to say what reasons they're referring to so you can know what they're talking about. It might be helpful if the ratings are enabled so they can rate them and then you can check yourself instead of having to reply asking which reasons they are talking about first.
      This also could help in the case if you see something someone has said that you also majorally agree/disagree with. I'm not sure why ratings are really disallowed in these areas to begin with as these are some of the more active forums anyway. I suppose the informative rating could also be included in this case.​

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    2. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Neutral, it would boost ratings way too much for those who are applying most likely

3. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

I’ll support but like porky said it could boost ratings for the people that are applying

4. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

Neutral, reason stated by Pork. Would indeed boost ratings for the applicants.

5. Pillow

Pillow Active Member

YES PLEASE 100%

6. Swift

Swift Boss Member

But it's on skyblock and it doesn't seem to be big enough of an issue to remove? don't see why would it be here :(

7. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

Support I've always thought those ratings were necessary there

8. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Active Member

we haz dis on skybwoc so yal can hav eet hear

9. Swift

Swift Boss Member

thanks for your permission i expect it added soon

10. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

re-support + bump

11. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

Neutral, same reasons as Porky

12. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

support.

- i never know whether putting just "no support" or "support" even after you've reacted to their application with the corresponding rating is post farming or not, this would give a more clear reason to stop people from doing this.

^^ this right here could be avoided with the aforementioned suggestion :p

I also agree with "reasons stated above" being a bit vague, and not specifying which reasons they actually mean, so these ratings can be helpful for applicants to see which reasons players are most in agreement with.

As for boosting ratings, agree/disagree are used in off-topic so why can't they be used in suggestion/mod applications? if someone has a genuine reason/opinion that people agree with, it would be useful for the suggestion maker / applicant to see which reasons are most popular.

13. gabby

gabby Legendary Member

Support I like the way skyblock has it but without friendly since people just use it for every reply. So I would prefer agree, disagree, and informative

14. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

I dont know if people are saying "reasons stated by porky" to post farm or prove the point of this thread

Either way support. What harm does it do if people gain a few extra ratings from actually benefiting to a thread? If someone gets agree, it clearly means they wrote a proper response with meaning that adds to the topic of the thread. Without 4 pages of "support reasons stated above", you could actually see the important opinions, discussions and concerns people are allegedly referring to. The only people who have a reason to post "support" are the people who want to bump it or don't have 25 messages yet (can't rate).

And to answer Aly: yes, we'd consider rating the message "support" for rate abuse

show proof

15. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

Support. I don't think it'd be too tough for staff since in most cases rate abuse is pretty easy to pick up and is done in most other forums anyway. I especially like this for the suggestion section as it'd just make it easier to see any small addition someone adds by replying to the thread and would remove the pointless "I agree with..."

16. djryan

djryan Legendary Member Premium

wish you could just apply all ratings in general in mod apps and suggestions like you used to be able to

17. Aly

Aly Alchemist Premium

oh okay sure support then if the sr-moderators are fine with doing more work

in the mean time let's also count replies without proper reasons to support/no-support/neutral /re-support as unneeded posts ;)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    18. Janice

Janice Retired Admin | Max's Mentee Premium

Thank you for submitting your suggestion. We have decided that we will be implementing this suggestion.

Should you have any more suggestions or feedback for how we may improve the network, please feel free to create another thread.

Thread moved to archives.

Regards,
      The Staff

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.