x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Survival quest needs a boost/reduction/removal

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dustyf@ll, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Dustyf@ll

Dustyf@ll Honorary Supporter Premium

there is a quest needing to obtain 15 mining levels. due to activity in the server my level exp to level up one level is aprox 12k and people have higher levels then me. in calculation that will be me 180k mining exp minimum without level growth. doing this quest means more in mineing. then mineing stone is .3 and other ores is like 4 points. there is no way its possible to get 180k within 24 hours with all the general necessities factored in withing a time stamp. is there a way to reduce boost or remove this quest if possable let me know! Tringing to level use mcmmo credits don't work.

Attached Files:

2. Brendunce

Brendunce Active Member

This quest kinda sucks for anyone with a high mining level. I remember at least on the 1.15 survival server, it took me a few hours to do it (if my memory serves me I was around 1500 or so, but it was definitely over 1000). I don't know if they nerfed the mining experience you get from ores but I found that strip mining to find caves with lots of ores helped a bunch. Mining in the nether should also help since I think the ores there give a good amount as well, plus you can see them on the surface so you don't have to mine for hours to try and find them. I don't know if deepslate ores give mining mcmmo levels or if it's just to whatever the new additional mining stat is.

I'm also not really sure if there's a way to rework this quest to make it more fair to veteran players. One possibility would be to gain a specific amount of points towards mining (as opposed to a set number of levels), but that would be more confusing to new players and would make the quest harder for them. However, considering how many of the quests favor players who play a lot, I'd say it's nice to keep this quest since it gives newcomers an easier time for a change. Not sure how popular that opinion is though.

3. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

It’s tiring but it is possible. I’m not sure what my mining level is but I found that mining gold in the nether makes it go up faster.

4. inh

inh Discord Moderator Discord Moderator

with my current mining level, this is how I can reach the 15 required levels in under an hour. Dropping down the level 11 in the nether, and strip mining (min of 4blocks high), gains are made from the gold, quartz, and netherite. all very useful byproducts.

usually i can do it with 1 maxed out fort3 pick too.

5. Dustyf@ll

Dustyf@ll Honorary Supporter Premium

that is very informational thanks
      Indeed it is possible and long but all for 1 quest point is really not worth the long time. but reading the next post gives me some testing options
      that is interesting observation i will test out your strategy. i never knew it thx for sharing :D i will repost if this quest pops up again and see how long it approx. takes. also fortune 3 is hard to find vendors now due to lack of players but ill see what i can do.