x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NEW! Prison has returned!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Chain, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

Prison has returned!
      Prison has just returned to Mineverse! We are using a rebuilt (and in some places, redesigned) version of the map used from 2014 to 2017! We re-implemented almost every feature of that specific Prison to bring back the same experience, but with additions to make it even better. Thank you to the original Prison players who painstakingly recreated the map (and server configuration) using old screenshots and videos.

The native Minecraft version is 1.19, however we have changed the combat mechanics so that the PvP and PvE experience is similar to that of Minecraft version 1.8, therefore we strongly recommend that you login using 1.19 for the best possible experience! We will not be giving support or fixing bugs that occur for versions below 1.19.

What is Prison?
      Prison on Mineverse is unique as it is actually a mixture of game-modes as opposed to just Prison. You begin your journey as a D-Prisoner and from there work your way toward the Free rank and beyond. There are four ranks you must go through before reaching Free: D-Prisoner, C-Prisoner, B-Prisoner and A-Prisoner. Each of these ranks has its own block, which you will gain access to after achieving that block's rank. Once you reach free, you will have access to a factions enabled free world, nether and end. From here you can choose your own path; you can focus on achieving the higher prestige ranks by creating shops in plots or cells that other players can buy items from, you grind your mcMMO skills by building massive mob grinders in the free world, you can focus on the factions aspect side of the game and work toward creating the largest and most stacked faction with the mightiest base. You can even play the game mode as though it were survival!

What do I do when I first log in?

When you first login you will want to take a look around and take note of your items. Keep your soap in your pocket as it is considered a contraband item: the NPC guards will attack you if they see you holding contraband items, and human guards will jail you for five minutes if they see you holding contraband items! If you head toward D-Block you'll see a PvP zone and halls on the left, right and straight ahead. The stone mine is on the left side and the wood mine is on the right side. Don't go through the PvP area! Instead, use type /warp dmine for safe access to the D-Prisoner mine. After you've decided you've done enough mining, you can head to the furnace rooms next to the mine (or under spawn) to smelt your ores. Once you've smelted everything that needs to be smelted, head to /warp shop and your stuff. Once you have enough money, head to /warp rankup and click on the sign that is the rank above yours to rank up, you will gain access to new warps and new areas inside the prison.

Notable Configurations and Features

mcMMO

• mcMMO is back but we are using a custom configuration, anything not mentioned here can be assumed to exist as described in the mcMMO Wiki
      • All swords abilities are disabled with the exception of counter attacks, which deal 2x damage, have a maximum probability of occurring set to 50% @ level 2000 swords.
      • All axes abilities (combat-related) are disabled with the exception of armour impact and critical strikes. Armour impact grants 0.5 bonus armour damage (per hit) per 50 levels, capping at 2000 levels, or 20 bonus armour damage per hit. Critical strikes deal 1.5 damage and have a maximum probability of occurring of 33% @ level 2000
      • Taming is disabled
      • The Superbreaker ability for mining has been disabled. The maximum probability of a double drop is 10% at level 1000
      • The maximum probability for smelting double drops is 10% @ level 1000
      • To account for the fact that there is no /fix, once you reach level 800 in the mcMMO Repair skill, you will have a 100% success rate for repairing enchanted and unenchanted tools and armour
      • At level 1000 salvaging, you will have a 100% success rate for salvaging all enchantments and resources from enchanted and unenchanted tools and armour
      • Zombified piglins offer 3x mcMMO experience whereas spiders, skeletons, zombies, skeletons and endermen give 2x mcMMO experience, therefore it is recommended to build obsidian portal grinders, there is an example of such a grinder in the free world. All other mobs offer 1x experience with the exception of a few mobs which give lower mcMMO experience
      • We are using a credits plugin that you can use to level up your mcMMO skills, credits can be obtained from the voter, common and rare crates, as well as vote parties

Combat Mechanics

• We have changed the combat mechanics to be equal or similar to that of 1.8 PvP mechanics
      • We are using custom knock-back and there is no attack cooldown, shields have also been disabled
      • Feedback on how the PvP feels would be greatly appreciated

Factions
      • Free rank and above have access to the factions plugin
      • We are using the SaberFactions plugin which you can read about here

Plots/Cells
      • We ask that players use barrels wherever possible on their plots and cells, and to facilitate this there is a daily kit /kit barrels which provides you with 64 barrels. You can make chest shops on barrels. The reason we want to use barrels in the prison is because they cause far less lag than chests when there are many of them
      • Each player is limited to owning either one plot or one cell

Shop
      • The shop does not sell any items, this is to encourage a player shop economy
      • The only buys what is available in the mines, and not even everything available in the mines can be sold in the shop

Entity Drops
      • Drops for zombified piglins and iron golems have been disabled, more mobs drops will also be disabled if they are found to drop items that can be sold in the shop. The reason we are doing this is because we do not believe that one should be able to make money from automatic farms

Prison Specific Rules
      • AFK grinding mcMMO is prohibited (excluding smelting)
      • Mass voting (voting on more than three accounts) is prohibited
      • Owning more than one plot or cell through alternate accounts is prohibited

Donor Ranks
      • Donor ranks no longer have access to kits, and none of their perks grant an in-game advantage over other players, perhaps with the exception of /heal, but that can only be used to heal oneself, not other players
      • Donor ranks have access to cosmetics such as pets, particle effects and other handy commands which don't give competitive advantages

Crates
      • Only Epic and Legendary crate keys can be bought from the shop, and they do not contain items which grant a competitive advantage
      • Items that can be found inside the Epic and Legendary crates include permission vouchers that grant access to things such as /hat or exclusive particle effects
      -------------------------------------

Nothing is permanent and if we get enough suggestions to make a change to something, we will change it, so please don't be shy to voice your opinion about anything on the game-mode that you think could be better if done a different way.

• Like Like x 3
      Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    2. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

me first

• Like Like x 1
    3. boba

boba Retired Administrator Premium

me second

4. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

me third

• Like Like x 1
    5. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

me fifth

6. Joe <3

Joe <3 Member

me sixth

7. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

me seventh

thanks chain

8. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

me eight

thanks mob chain

9. Megann

Megann Established Member

yayyyyyyyy:trophy:

10. Malik Shahid

Malik Shahid Established Member

Impressive dedication.

11. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner

None of this would have been possible without Chain, Clarity, and everyone involved that gave suggestions or were able to test. Thank you guys for all of your help!

• Like Like x 2
    12. Shireen

Shireen Well-Known Member

Have so much love for you chain, thank you

13. NQ6

NQ6 Active Member

It's about damn time. I would like to see a variant of OP Prison make a return as well.

14. Jaden/eoqa

Jaden/eoqa Active Member

make the guards have a drop % when killed

• Like Like x 1
    15. Novembree

Novembree Active Member

Thanks to all involved in bringing this back! :pleading::loveheart:

16. EmmetDash

EmmetDash Experienced Member

Thanks for the return of Prison!

However, there is a sign that lists the warps and "/warp grinder".
      Will there be a grinder? or is XP going to be only available in the crates so people have to buy legendary keys?

17. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

The grinder isn't functional, it's a demo grinder for people who reach free rank. They can replicate it themselves to farm zombified piglins. Non Free rank do not have access.

Furthermore, XP is achieved through mining, smelting, killing mobs and voting, that is it. You cannot use IRL money to buy XP.

• Like Like x 1
    18. MissMatching

MissMatching Established Member

Love prison!!!! Something not everyone would be saying in real life...
      :crylaugh:

19. NQ6

NQ6 Active Member

It becomes a way of life :rofl2: