x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Not Implemented Premium Rank for Titans

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sabrina, Jun 3, 2020.

?

Should titans be given Forums Premium?

1. Yes

52.0%
    2. No

32.0%
    3. Neutral

16.0%
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

Not sure if this has already been suggested or not, but..

Seeing as the Titan rank is $250, it would be pretty cool if one of the perks given to this rank could be Forums Premium.

I just think it would be a nice extra little way to say thank you for the donations made by Titans to this server, as well as to encourage more people to make use of the forums, growing the forum community :)

Let me know what you think! :D

2. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Support very cool :D

3. Grayman

Grayman Experienced Member

Neutral,

(+) It is a really good idea because Titan honestly isn't worth the price, and it would encourage others to buy the rank, overall helping the server.
      (-) Forums is different then ingame, and Premium on forums is seperate from everything else, I also don't understand how they could make a system automatically upgrade the forums account when they buy titan from the shop.

4. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

Support.

Ty Mrs. Sabrina for this suggestion! Can't wait for it to be implemented.

My suggestion : Give Titan premium on the forums once they have hit 100 messages. This suggestion might be abit strange but ehhh, why would u give premium to a Titan that has like 3 messages on forums? Its not like they would be actually enjoying the premium...

5. sabrina

ty blue heart

I think there would be a way as many people have their MC accounts linked to their forums account. If not, this could be encouragement to do so.

This could encourage more people to make accounts and to use forums in order to make use of their premium rank. Also, many people have their MC accounts linked to their profile

6. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

I'd rather have ingame ranks show on forums all together, so no support.

Giving all titans this would make way too many people have forums premium and it would be a ton of workload for Janice to change custom titles for every titan on the server. Though the majorty of the current forums premium members didn't pay for it, I don't feel like giving titan free forums premium is the way to go. How would you even go about implementing it other than having janice/quert manually assign it? How do you verify they are the account they're claiming to be? How do you verify that the account has titan? What happens if their titan donation gets charged back? As I stated in the beginning, I feel like an automated system is the only option here and at that point I'd rather want all donor ranks to displayed instead, separately from forums premium.

7. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

@Sando3 make it in a way that u can only get the premium by linking ur MC account on forums

8. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

@Discomfit
      There are still thousands of titans and the extra workload Janice would have to do is so not worth it. People are already complaining about their support tickets not being handled "within decent time". This would certainly not help. An automated system is required in my opinion, and at that point I think all donator ranks should be displayed instead. My judgement is final.

9. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

yes

10. Cloked

Cloked Active Member

Support (ish)

In all honesty, I do not fully support this suggestion, but I do strongly believe that the ranks on mineverse need more perks and I would love to see and meet more players on the forums, so I think this would be a really cool idea. However, many players that play Minecraft are only on to play Minecraft and do not care much about forum activity or perks, so this change might not bring much appeal. With that said, I would suggest adding more perks to the ranks in game across all the different servers to entice more players to buy ranks and to ultimately give players an overall better and more fun experience on mineverse.

Despite these thoughts, I'm all for getting more perks and changes to ranks so you have my support brotha!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    11. sabrina

ty for support :D

you make a good point, I had no idea that Janice manually inputs custom titles on top of everything else she does for this server :,)

It's merely a suggestion, and up to staff to fine-tune the details, but I would guess a verification system such as NameMC or the requirement of having your MC account linked to your forums account or even having a certain amount of trophies in order to claim the rank would be a good idea.

I'm not sure, but aren't chargebacks bannable, so they would be banned from the forums also?

Having donation ranks stated instead would be a good idea, I agree.

thank you for your feedback c:

12. Aly

Aly Alchemist Premium

No support - what Sando said. Literally 3/4 of the server would be Premium on Forums if that happened.. i'd prefer more perks for Titans in-game rather than on the Forums.

13. sabrina

ty!!

I see your point, however as some perks have been recently reduced on some gamemodes this could be seen as almost a consolation, however I completely realise that ranks are a donation, not a purchase, and MV has no obligation to reward donators.

14. Aly

Aly Alchemist Premium

Personally I think I jumped way too quick to no supporting the suggestion without giving a proper explanation, so here it is. Sorry for the mess, I just edited in things as I went along.

I understand what you're trying to say, but the perks should be in-game. There's a bunch of suggestions that gives perks to Titan players in-game which I think would be better than this. I agree with you that there should be some sort of perk on Forums for high-ranking players, but I just personally don't think this should be it. As much as I hate to admit it, not a lot of players actually donate to this server because they want to, they do it for the perks they get.

I'm not really interested in seeing almost 1/2 the users on Forums having colored, custom titles and sparkly names, it'd be way too messy - and this is coming from a Titan non-premium player. There's also the problem with Discord - they'd have their own custom colors, which is an entire new mess.

I highly doubt they'd use their own money to buy Titan but instead trade in-game items for coupons, or using the top voter system - which is what has been happening most of the time lately. Also, would it be lifetime Premium?

The players who actually paid for Premium would get mad as well since they spent their own money on it when there are other players who are getting it just because of their rank.

And once again, I agree with what Sando said here:

15. Tog

Tog Active Member

No support. As Aly and Sando said, half of the users here would turn premium. I think forums ranks and in game ranks should remain apart. Although I do believe in game ranks should be shown on forums profiles.

16. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

yes support, make it that they only get premium once they reach 100+ msgs on forums or else ofc 1/2 of forums would be all sparkly and such... not every titan uses or even has forums so keep that in mind...

17. Cloked

Cloked Active Member

Aly is spittin some straight facts right now

18. sabrina

I completely understand what you're both saying here, and how ranks should be more in game based than forums based. A separate "rank" (without the perks of changing their colour on discord / having a custom member tag) based on one's in game rank would be a good idea as it can help create more of a correlation between forum users and in-game players. Even if Titans getting "forums premium" is a stretch, I think the idea of having in-game ranks displayed on forums is a great idea. Thank you both for your feedback :)

Yes i believe there should be a verification system of sorts so that only the titans that genuinely use forums can get Titan, while also aiming to involve more in-game players in the forums.

19. 11Potted

11Potted Experienced Member

Support ma'am.

20. Tom

Tom Active Member

Support, titan is not worth buying rn and 100% need more perks.

21. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

No support

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.