Parkour Parkour suggestions (Revive)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Qwiby, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Qwiby

Qwiby Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    MASSIVE CREDIT TO @sabrina FOR REWORK
    Summary:
    ◆ Prestiges / Reset Levels (cr: @manu:) )
    ◆ New Levels
    ◆ Vote Links
    ◆ /ptime (implemented)
    ◆ No hunger loss (cr: @Grayman )
    ◆ Toggle players (cr: @sabrina )
    ◆ Disable 1.9+ player collision (cr: @Sando3 )
    ◆ Timer + speed ranks (cr: @Sando3 )
    ◆ Leaderboards
    ◆ Move /aparkour to Parkour lobby (cr: @Deivid0ze )​

Prestiges / Resetting Levels

Currently you are unable to reset your levels if you are Completed. There are two ways this could be altered;
    • Implement a /prestige command - much like Infection, a roman numeral will appear in the prefix next to your name like so:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Add a simple /reset command once Completed so you can redo all the levels again!
    The prestige doesn't have to unlock anything new, but the ability to reset levels is a must. Adding a little star next to your name is just a neat addition to show off how many times you've completed the parkour.

New Levels:
    Adding new levels is long overdue - there are multiple ways this could be implemented:
    • Completely revamping the old levels, with all new courses - but sticking to 24 levels
    • Adding more levels and removing Completed perms / ranks, moving the finish line for everybody
    • Personal favourite - adding 1 extra level for each prestige, so 0★ would be 24 courses long, 1★ is 25 courses etc. Each prestige is longer / harder than the last
    No Hunger Loss:
    Pretty self explanatory - remove saturation / hunger depletion to avoid having to type /feed every 2 minutes.

Toggle Players
    Have an item or command to toggle visibility of other players. This could avoid distractions when making difficult jumps / remove trolls who try to get in the way.

Disable 1.9+ Player Collision / Quality of Life
    This would stop players being knocked off of platforms by others, and stop glitching in slabs / on ladders. It could also allow for us to update parkour to later versions of MC, providing more block choices for future levels.

Timer + Speed Ranks
    Adding a timer to the scoreboard would make speedrunning levels a lot more fun. It would also be a lot easier than recording and having to time speedruns individuals.
    Another way to incorporate timers into gameplay could be having a gold/silver/bronze system, depending on how fast you complete each level. That way, even if you complete every level, there's still more to do by trying to get gold on every level.

Leaderboards
    There is already talk of leaderboards in the above suggestions, but leaderboards deserve their own suggestion. They could include things like: most time, most jumps, most prestiges and maybe some other cool statistics.

• Support Support x 35
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  2. Jichdt

Jichdt Active Member

Support! Bring Back Parkour!

3. Qwiby

Qwiby Well-Known Member

Ty <3

4. clxrity

clxrity Administrator Administrator Premium

Administrator
    IGN:
    clxrity
    support!

5. Qwiby

Qwiby Well-Known Member

Thank you mam

Also thank you @Swift for the support, means a lot when I know you developed bedwars :P

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2021
  6. GGs

GGs Experienced Member

Support! I think that the ptime should not be an option and instead it should all be day as the night time theme is a torture, I keep dying when I skip a fence jump. Furthermore, I always thought that a prestige option would be a great idea to bring more challenge to the game.

7. Qwiby

Qwiby Well-Known Member

Thanks for support!
    Ptime could be fun plus it would be an easy add but I see what you mean as just a normal always running daytime kind of theme, tho like I said ptime could be fun if you wanted to "challenge" yourself and play on night :p
    Also, I agree prestige would be great; if you wanted to bring it even further you could add a leaderboard for most prestiges you know? a lot of good ideas could come out of a prestige addition,

Also @NoodleToes thanks for support!

8. Swift

Swift Well-Known Member

i was thinking of doing potion effect option types for our parkour like nausea or blindness but it was considered unnecessary for a gamemode that isn't based around the lobby's parkour :(.

Maybe there'll be plans to put that in the parkour server eventually or maybe not who knows :facepalm:

9. Qwiby

Qwiby Well-Known Member

blindess disables sprint but other wise I feel like thatd be so neat man, love the support and we'll see ;)

Speed 5 parkour :O

10. Swift

Swift Well-Known Member

is it blindness and not slowness that does that oof well weird

11. Qwiby

Qwiby Well-Known Member

Blindness has a super weird affect where you cant sprint for some reason, while under slowness you can? I dont know either its on mojang this one

IE: You can move faster under slowness 2 than under blindness

Thanks for the support @AtomBow <3

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2021
  12. JustExposed

JustExposed Experienced Member

support for everything, prestige idea seems fun; as well as more maps.
    full support

13. Vem

Vem Experienced Member

Support! I would loooove to play the prestige levels if this gets added :)

14. Unbreak1

Unbreak1 Active Member

Even though parkour isn't really my kind of gamemode I still agree and think your ideas sound good.
    Support.

15. Qwiby

Qwiby Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support much appreciated!

16. its_tuber

its_tuber Active Member

Parkour sucks no one ever plays it no support

17. Qwiby

Qwiby Well-Known Member

Thanks for the opinion
    Parkour used to be actually a very popular gamemode (if i remember correctly) some people even exclusively played parkour on mineverse when there were still updates and new levels coming out.
    Its dead now because it was mostly abandoned and nothing new came out for it. Still a lot of people do enjoy parkour we're just bored of what we have now

18. DabOnTheHackingers

DabOnTheHackingers Established Member

I declare support.

19. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Senior Moderator
    Support - I like parkour, but these suggestions are brilliant for improving the gamemode. Something you forgot there - add voting links to /vote ;)

20. Gini

Gini Active Member

Support

21. Tom

Tom Active Member

support, we need to get parkour back to life