x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Forums More staff to handle tickets?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by nickmarker, Apr 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. nickmarker

nickmarker Active Member

I saw on the forums in a rant post that only two people are actually able to handle tickets? I created an unban appeal and multiple mods instantly replied to it saying that Quertiss would handle it (Thank you to them for doing it so quickly). It's been over 10 days since then and he still has not looked at it. In addition, last night I decided to purchase an unban since I realized that he most likely would never end up looking at my unban appeal. The unban didn't work so I created a ticket for it. Now, I have waited 10 days for someone to look at my unban appeal, 14 hours for my ticket to get a response, and am $20 down the drain. I have no idea right now if my ticket will even get responded to? I basically could have just been scammed $20 because I have seen multiple complaints about people creating tickets and simply never getting a response to them. I get that the staff are busy but why are only two people qualified to handle tickets? In my opinion that's ridiculous and shows that the server will never be able to grow above its current player base. From what I've seen, the higher up staff don't want it to. I believe that there should be more staff able to handle bigger problems.

2. Razra

Razra Experienced Member

That’s messed up, they really need to do something about this if this is happening.
      You bought and unban, it didn’t work and your still waiting for a response to your ticket?
      Was it a temp ban or a perm ban?
      If it was a temp ban then they should refund you for that.
      support

3. nickmarker

nickmarker Active Member

Perm ban. I racked up a lot of minor bans around 2-3 years ago and around 4-6 months ago I gave someone my account and they got my final ban for me by chat spamming which resulted in my permanent ban.

4. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

No support; only administrators (+ maybe a headmod) are trusted with most support tickets because it requires access to buy craft, which is quite sensitive and can be abused.

5. nickmarker

nickmarker Active Member

then this server will never. gain a bigger playerbase. What happens if the playerbase doubles? The 2 people that handle tickets would be overwhelmed and tickets already take a week to answer. So what? they start taking 2-3 weeks? that just seems unreasonable...

6. Porky

Support tickets to do with ranks because sometimes the system bugs. If the server grew a larger player base, the system may be improved to prevent things like this, hence lowering problems to do with this

7. nickmarker

nickmarker Active Member

so they aren't fixing things because they don't have a big player base? seems like a pretty backwards idea to me :/

8. Porky

No; it’s just not a high priority at the moment. Bug fixes and improvements ingame are higher priority - just be patient :)

9. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

Quert most likely didn't see us tagging him in his alerts or forgot to handle it. All you had to really do was ask one of us and we would've reached out to him on skype or discord and bugged him about it.

"It's been 14 hours, oh god, my ticket will never be responded to"

It usually takes some time to handle tickets, janice usually handles a bunch at once when she has time, not to mention if I'm correct you're appealing a perm ban, so it's not like you're on a time limit here.

As porky said, most support tickets require access to buycraft, which is a big permission, we can't give it to sr mods or mods because as I said, it's a big permission, and we're not going to find another admin just to handle support tickets a bit faster.

It was actually quite worse before I was mod, we only got the support tickets a few years ago to my knowledge and before that all you could do if you had a problem was email the support address, I very well remember sending emails for a month or more before I was lucky enough to find pile in game and have her fix my rank for me.

Ah yeah, yknow, that's a common problem for me, I hate when I message the head mods or an admin about something and they're like "nah sorry we're trying to kill the server" or "but that would make the server better? we're trying to make it worse"

99% of these people are exactly like you, extremely impatient. I've only seen a few times where support tickets really haven't been handled well and usually that was before janice was promoted.

Want my advice? Instead of creating suggestion / rant threads because the higher ups dared to not handle your ticket the day it was created, be patient. As I said, it's a perm ban, it's not like you don't have time.

10. nickmarker

nickmarker Active Member

I did reply to the appeal which did re-tag quertiss and the staff member who initially responded to it. I have also seen multiple people mention how their tickets 2-3 weeks later, still have not been responded to. In addition, I'm guessing minverse's player base has grown as a result of the home quarantine from the corona virus? Wouldn't it be wise to at least add one more admin to the staff team? I guarantee there is at least one trustworthy person on the staff team and if not, maybe they should reconsider who receives the position. Also, a good friend of mine has applied for youtube rank and meets all the requirements and has a lot of support but still hasn't received a response 12 days later? I am curious if that means that whoever handles these administrator processes is 12 days behind? In no way am I criticizing the staff or Janice; I am just wondering why these things are not changed?

(Also tickets are a pretty big deal. They are related to people's MONEY. Real life MONEY. So I personally don't agree with your statement saying that tickets don't warrant the need for another admin.)

11. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

You didn't re-tag him you only quoted the post of the staff member that responded, and that was only yesterday.

On certain issues they can be, currently the oldest open support ticket was created on the first of april, and it's not payment related.

We could add kinsey, however this would be more work for him, both kinsey and quert are in college and their main job is to handle staff related things, not rank issues.

"I mean why not just give the entire team admin rank, if you can't trust them enough to give them all the perms on the server then you should reconsider who you're giving basic moderation perms"

Do you understand what I'm getting at here?

If we give higher up staff more things to do then that takes away from the things they actually need to do, and for reasons that should be obvious perms to change give ranks and mess with buycraft are a very big deal and are only given to the highest members of the staff team.

@mattenphew handles these, not janice. We also don't deny applications unless they don't meet the requirements, if your friend isn't being promoted then chances are matt doesn't feel it's the right time to promote them.

People having to wait a few extra days is not a "pretty big deal."We don't need to hire another admin so that extremely impatient people like yourself can be pleased. and even if we did, by the way you're complaining about your ticket not being handled the day you made it it sounds like we would still get complaints about them taking too long even if they did.

If it bothers you that much I can msg janice for you, creating these threads won't help your ticket get handled faster though.

12. nickmarker

nickmarker Active Member

Thank you. First staff member who has actually explained these things to me. I actually appreciate it. I understand now and will be patient.

13. Janice

Janice Retired Admin | Max's Mentee Premium

Locking and archiving this as it seems your questions and concerns were answered.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.