x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Withdrawn Manu's application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by manu:), Jul 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Perc

Perc Active Member

No support. I only see you online on Survival and not any other gamemodes.

2. NoLongerUsing

NoLongerUsing Experienced Member

Support. I don't play anymore but good luck to you man.

3. manu:)

manu:) Active Member

Update: I now have a working laptop (woo!), with a GTX 3060 as opposed to my previous dreadful Intel HD 4600 graphics :happy:

Thank you Rent!

Hi Perc, thanks for your response. While I certainly do spend a lot of my time on survival, I also spend a good chunk on the other servers too, when there are players on. I believe it's possible we play at different times, as I've gathered you're from the US, whereas I live in the UK.

Thank you Arctic!

4. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

Support! I see a lot of your reports on forums and your replies to people in the help channel of the Discord. You're not problematic and from what I've seen you're a good candidate. Good luck :D

5. manu:)

Thank you Robo!

6. ca1eb2k

ca1eb2k Experienced Member

No support. In the second half of 2020, your infrequent visits to SkyBlock were, to be quite frank, not pleasant. You had been arguing in chat with a player going on half an hour, leading me to think you don't know when to stop, and have no experience in deescalating situations. You often talked about the server in a negative way. This has been my last impression on you, however I have not seen your actions since then. Perhaps you have changed your attitude.

7. manu:)

Hello! At first glance I thought you, like others, had confused me for @Manu
      as I did not play mineverse in 2020, or for that matter, minecraft at all, though I realised by looking through your profile on here that you are in fact a skyblock.net player, and you are (most likely?) referring to skyblock.

You are correct in that my visits to skyblock were infrequent, as I did not play minecraft (at least not actively) then (on the very rare occasion I did join, I didn't stay for long; I looked around to see what had changed, and what had stayed the same out of curiosity - I never really stayed long enough for conversation, at most I greeted familiar names). For this reason, I think I would remember any kind of conflict. I say this with complete genuineness: I have no idea what you are talking about. The kind of behaviour you are talking about is not alike with my personality and general character at all, and hasn't been for a long time. I assure you my approach to hostile situations is one of calm and coolness, I do not allow myself to lose my temper and I proactively and to the best of my ability ensure resolution, if I cannot, I seek help from others. I don't recollect talking of the server in a negative manner at all either. I am not saying you are lying, though I am certain of what I have said. I think perhaps you are remembering myself or my actions from when I was more active on the server in late 2018, a time in which I did not have the maturity and general life experiences that I hold now.

I appreciate your response though hope you can reconsider, but of course understand should you choose not to. If possible, I'd like to discuss this further in private message, if you are sure of when you remember what you've spoken of to have happened, I do hope you can elaborate so that I might rejog my memory.

regards,
      manu

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    8. ca1eb2k

ca1eb2k Experienced Member

Sure. Feel free to create one.

9. manu:)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    10. sisicow

sisicow Experienced Member

Support!

11. manu:)

just dropping a message here to update everyone; i haven't been online in 4 or so days, i've been off in wales with no wifi and am now back but not feeling too peachy - hoping to be able to get on the server at some point today but if not please understand :')

12. CodBucket

CodBucket Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Premium

support, always see you in the discord being super helpful.

best of luck!

13. manu:)

thank you cod </3

thank u :')

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    14. yoitsgabbie

yoitsgabbie Well-Known Member

Support!

15. manu:)

Good afternoon, evening, or morning, whatever it may be where you are. To start with, I'll let you know that unfortunately, I will be withdrawing my application indefinitely. If you'd like to know why, I've written a chonky paragraph below :').

My motivations to work with the current staff team and for mineverse's wonderful player-base have not been lost at all: I am making this decision as I believe it is the right thing to do for now, both for myself and for mineverse. I've just started sixth-form college, in which I am studying 4 a-levels - maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. For me, these subjects, while all things I thoroughly enjoy, are incredibly demanding. Currently, in order to best set myself up for my 2 years of study ahead, I've been abstaining from minecraft and all games in general, because I simply do not have the time. I'm sure as I begin to get 'properly' into my studies, I will develop a stronger work ethic and optimize the completion of my work outside of school, meaning I'll be left with free time in which I can spend on the things I love doing, like playing on mineverse, but currently that is not the case. I think it would be wrong to leave my application open if my activity is going to limited to just a couple hours a week maximum.

I do not view this withdrawal as a permanent thing, but at the same time I don't know for certain when I'll be able to dedicate the time I previously have, hence the indefiniteness. I wish the best of luck to the current applicants in the promotion wave I'm sure is soon to come! I'm sorry to those who would have liked to see me on the team, but I hope you can understand my decision.
      Also, quick PS, I'm not completely gone, you'll still see me on both the forums & the discord fairly often :relaxed:.

Thank you reading, and for all your supports, responses and criticisms!

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.