x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Not Implemented Make Staff Applications Private!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ShortyMcShorty, May 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. ShortyMcShorty

ShortyMcShorty Active Member

Their is one thing about this server that confuses me and that's staff applications. Why can people vote for you to be staff or not, like they shouldn't be the people who decide, the higher-ups should. Their should be one response to the staff application either saying you have been accepted or denied. It's like going to apply for a job and having to have the people decide on if you should be an employee for a business that they don't own / work for. I have never seen a Minecraft server which has their applications public, it's always private and it should always be like that. No jobs show random people the applications of the people that wanna work there.

Please
      Make
      Them
      Private

2. Brendunce

Brendunce Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the community is allowed to add input is because the staff isn't on at all times so hearing what other players think of the applicant allows them to judge how the applicant interacts with other players. Also the number of supports and no supports isn't what determines whether someone gets accepted or not, it's just an influencing factor.

3. benji

benji Well-Known Member

the community is allowed to give their opinions on the applicant, but the higher staff memebers actually decide who should be staff or not.

no support

4. Brendunce

Brendunce Active Member

Adding on to this, it reflects poorly on your application since it seems like you don't want the community's opinion on whether or not you should be staff

5. ProdBrodie

ProdBrodie Active Member

This is the same person who said they were joking when applying for staff now when they people say no support bc he’s toxic he’s makes this

6. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

No support, players should be able to give one another feedback and know who’s applying. You don’t want random people who don’t ever do anything in the community to get staff just cause they’re close w a couple of them

7. boba

boba Retired Administrator Premium

The moderator is going to be moderating the server, therefore shouldn't the server also give their input on who they think would be a good moderator? I personally think it's best to keep them public so that the applicant receives feedback from others and can improve on community advice. No support.

8. ShortyMcShorty

Yet not ONE server does this besides mineverse

9. ProdBrodie

ProdBrodie Active Member

This is untrue

10. Brendunce

Brendunce Active Member

Regardless of what other servers do, it's still a good idea to allow community feedback because the staff team wouldn't want to promote someone that's disliked by the community.

11. ShortyMcShorty

True but like I said letting the community have a say is not smart

12. Brendunce

Brendunce Active Member

Why would that be? IMO the community should be able to at least give feedback/thoughts on an applicant, especially since it doesn't determine the final decision, just so the staff doesn't promote someone who is disliked by the community. Feel free to hold your own opinions on the matter, but seeing as the community seems to disagree with this post and the staff team doesn't see a problem with letting the community view and comment on applications, I doubt this suggestion will get you anywhere, especially considering the timing between this and your application.

13. ShortyMcShorty

I wanna say that I used the application as a "social experiment." And that's mostly correct, my application has more no supports then supports and I can see why, I highly doubt anyone actually read my application, just a lot of people don't like me due to my past, so they instantly put no support, if you are hated in the community and a good moderator, you will be denied, the staff application process is more bias then ever. This is why most of the mods on the staff team aren't the greatest due to this process, so many good candidates got denied due to the community and to be honest that's why people quit, people know that the mods suck and that's why around 78% of the op pvp players hack / closet cheat / etc. That's literally the only reason I want to be mod, just to fix the server from the hackers, and then demote me, and to be honest, I can't be bothered to record every hacker and report. And no, this is not me saying, oh he beat you so he hacks, their is genuine hackers in this community. Not going to list names due to respect, but I can list 10 people off the top of my head. The only way to play op pvp these days is to hack.

14. Agentyy

Agentyy Well-Known Member

i can see why you want them to be private, but moderators shouldn't be promoted if the community doesn't like them. the best moderators are the ones that not only know what they're doing, but aren't entirely hated by the community. players also tend to see a lot of things staff don't see, such as if an applicant were to break the rules when a staff member wasn't online. it also just benefits to hear more thoughts than just one response of whether you were accepted or not

15. Brendunce

Brendunce Active Member

While a lot of this makes sense and I understand/agree with, the reality is that regardless on how you may have changed, seeing as you have had a toxic past the staff team (and the community as a whole) would likely need to see more than just your word on how good of a moderator you'd be before promoting you, especially seeing as your plan is to ban all hackers and then leave. Unfortunately the staff wouldn't want to promote someone who is generally disliked by the community (which I assume you're improving on and I'd hope people are noticing) who has stated their application is a social experiment and they'd just ban a bunch of hackers and then resign. While I understand it's probably really frustrating dealing with all the hackers and banning them all is the easiest solution, the unfortunate truth is that it'll take more than promises to regain the community's trust and it would probably be best to report hackers when you get the opportunity.

16. Janice

Janice Retired Admin | Max's Mentee Premium

Thank you for submitting your suggestion. We have decided that we will not be implementing this suggestion.

Should you have any more suggestions or feedback for how we may improve the network, please feel free to create another thread.

Thread moved to archives.

Regards,
      The Staff

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.