x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Prison KOTH

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Vem, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Vem

Vem Experienced Member

This came to my mind when I took a look at @Torch 's great suggestion which you should also check out here.

So basically there would be a KOTH event either once every 20 hours, where people would participate in an FFA KOTH event. (For those who don't know what KOTH is, it stands for 'King Of The Kill' and is about capping the point, and killing the other participants so that you're the last man standing capping the point).

When the KOTH event starts, people have 15 mins to enter before the warp is closed, making people unable to participate in the KOTH late to skip the event. The KOTH event is keep inventory and every participant only has 1 entry/life. The winner of the KOTH event has the control point captured until the next KOTH event starts. The next KOTH event will start in 20 hours, the reasoning for the event timer to be 20 hours is due to different timezones and also to make it a competition for everyone.
      If it was 24 hours and was set in the middle of the day at EST timezone, most EU or AU wouldn't be able to enter the event, and the reason for the event not being as short as 12 hours is due to the competition, making 1 person able to hold the cap for multiple days straight as the event would only be offset by 4 hours every day for the individual. At some point, I'd guess this dominating individual (if we're even going to have one) would be asleep or unavailable in at least 1 or 2 events. Everyone would obviously have basically the similar gear as no one can really enchant their swords etc. also making the event unpredictable and close every single time.

The KOTH event-reward would be a sell multiplier at 1.25x. This multiplier means a lot in the long run and this multiplier would obviously only be active for the time you're controlling the cap. (20 hours)

The event also should be once a week since it'd simply be too broken for 1 person to have this multiplier for an entire week without interruptions.

I know this suggestion was long and filled with useless content, but I just don't want to explain a lot in the comments so sorry that you had to read through all of it - that is all :facepalm::>

2. Skrown

Skrown Well-Known Member

Support sounds fun
      (would be a good idea for oppvp/kitpvp too)

3. Vem

Vem Experienced Member

I couldn't agree more, but we have to start somewhere and then we can expand later! I'd love to see this expand to other game modes in the future

4. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

Support

5. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Support ^^^

Man I used to love capping KOTHs on HCF/Kitmap back in the day on other known servers. Bringing KOTH's to Mineverse would be a game changer and would be fun as hell, massive fights and plenty of content :D Great suggestion!

P.S. - Having this for Space Prison sounds good too but having it on Op and Kit would be common sense BUT Prison works too :)

6. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Yeah this seems like a good idea, support.

7. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

Support

If this were to be added to KitPvP/OpPvP the reward couldn't be money because if the prize was too much money the economy would be ruined due to the overflow of cash coming in but if it were to be too low such as 10$ not that many people would compete. If there were to be KOTH in KitPvP/OpPvP I think a good prize would be the highest level crate key.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    8. Crip

Crip Active Member Premium

Support,
      sounds really fun. I'd love to see it love to see this implemented on mineverse. Would definitely be a good incentive.
      I 100% agree

9. Crazytaco

Crazytaco Well-Known Member

I don't think this should be a space prison addition. This would work much better on one of the PvP modes. No support

10. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

im not gonna lie you shouldve picked neutral. you like the idea just on a different gamemode

11. Crazytaco

Crazytaco Well-Known Member

Please don't lecture me on what my opinions are.

12. Manu

Manu Experienced Member

Support, Sounds fun :D

13. Rony

Rony Experienced Member

Support make the reward 2 sell multiplier , because you get 45min daily 1.5 from voting.

14. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

Neutral. We asked for years to get KOTH added to factions. When it was, well, it wasn't great. Actually, it was so bad it made a few people rage quit and they haven't logged online since.