x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Prison Keep pickaxe on death on prison

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Atom, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Legendary Member

I'm neutral on this, as I don't enjoy the idea of a PvP mine in general. What other reasons can players have to PvP in a mine, other than steal your pickaxe? To troll other players, by interrupting their mining? You can also bring a less valuable pickaxe (if available), or simp to one of the top 10 baltop for a 'loan'.

On the other hand, having a pickaxe stolen by a cheater is only going to frustrate the community more.

As an absolute PvP God I can creditably say I'll 1v3 you in a mine. Obviously returning your pickaxe afterwards.

2. Rasmus

Rasmus Active Member Premium

Support. I agree with Torch ^

3. Toheedprff786

Toheedprff786 Experienced Member

im neutral. totaly agree with ares except the returning pickaxe :)
      i am leaning towards support tho

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    4. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Haha fair point
      thanks
      lmaoo thanks

5. Aly

Aly Alchemist Premium

No Support.

The point of PvP mines is to lose items. If you don't want to risk losing items, don't mine in those mines.

As for your "new players" point, I agree that starter pickaxes should be kept on death since they're pretty much useless now. The only way new players would achieve the other pickaxes would be if someone paid them or gave them it, which removes your "worked hard for them" point. However, i'm willing to bet anyone on the server would be more than happy to give a new player a starter pickaxe if they lost it. This was only a problem on the 1st day of release, so I don't see any point adding it now.

6. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

I mean I don’t see the point of pvp in mines when there’s literally a warp pvp but it’s whatever, this thread was based on the early days of when spaceprison came out like a week ago, I’ve just kept it open cause I’d like to see everyone’s feedback

7. Vem

Vem Experienced Member

No support... If you don't want to lose your pick in the PvP mines, don't go to the PvP mines. Do you want to earn more, you have to take the risk and possibly lose your pickaxe.

8. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

ok babe

9. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

I'm personally not a PvPer and I don't think we've entirely experienced what the chaos of the PvP mines will bring since C & E are so easily skippable and people will be stuck at P & S for a while most likely. I'd like to see how players react to losing their pickaxe before I support the idea of completely removing the point of the PvP in the first place.

Disclaimer, my thoughts on the PvP in general: I also don't think there are necessary PvP items available in the economy to make PvP as fun as it possibly could. Really the only PvP aspect is the suit armor upgrade, and I don't quite know how much it affects it. Right now you can really only make a basic diamond sword (?) unenchanted and it doesn't really fit the "op" part of "op prison" if that makes sense, although the suits and everything makes the space aspect of the game mode cool, I feel like it's lacking in the PvP area. I feel like trying to make the game mode space-themed AND PvP themed is kind of colliding, since you can't really make op armor, weapons, ect.

The PvP in the mines can also be an inspiration to buy multiple pickaxes and lower level pickaxes that you know you'll lose and making the game more interesting. But, nonetheless, I liked classic prison where there was no pvp in the mines at all. I think the concept of PvP in the mines is interesting and I'd just like to see how much it affects player's playability before supporting. If it ends up causing a lot of active players to quit and overall ruining the fun, then I'll support. But, let's see.

Neutral.

10. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

I mean see I get your point I just think there shouldn’t be pvp at mines in the first place but since a mod said that they aren’t going to remove it I don’t see any reason for you to lose your pickaxe when the whole point of prison is just to mine and rank up.