x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA Justin's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Justin, Mar 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

but you understand when you get moderator you'll need to stay and resolve the un-needed conflicts correct?

2. Justin

Justin justin Premium

Yes, but when I don’t have the power to resolve them I report them or log off.

3. boba

boba Retired Administrator Premium

If he’s not comfortable with a situation, even as a staff, he’s able to log off with evidence and send it to a moderator. Moderators ARE expected to deal with situations brought to their attention but when it comes to situations like Doxxing and Threats, you might not want to come in front of the rule breaker because you could become the next target. You’re not being a coward, you’re protecting yourself. If another staff, or someone higher can handle it, they would.
      That’s great. It’s perfectly fine for you to leave. No one wants to be bullied and sometimes words hurt a lot. Not all staff are made of stone, some can get hurt so it’s good if you can ask someone else to quickly handle it for you.

As for the people say Justin nitpicks for reports, he’s just reporting rule breaking... if you stop the small mistakes now, you’re going to prevent bigger mistakes in the future. It’s fine for him to report small things, it could be beneficial. Especially with the amount of people who break filter bypass rules, who are toxic, a straight warning, mute or verbal explanation from staff can help them understand and helps them keep in mind to refrain from doing what they did before. Hope that makes sense. :chicken:

4. manu:)

manu:) Active Member

Still support..

Justin is more than qualified for this position, and I look forward to seeing him moderate not only on the discord but on the server too.

While critiquing a staff applicant is allowed, I really do feel that this thread is becoming a witch-hunt without any justifiable reason. Just reading through, I've found the majority of the no supports with the reason being 'irrelevant reports' are from users who have been punished following a report from Justin, and are subsequently seeking revenge, in the form of shooting down an excellent applicant and resorting to homophobic remarks in game. I would encourage those that are basing their opinion on Justin off of these replies watch Justin himself in-game rather than going through a secondary source. I am confident that all of his reports are fully relevant, which I'm sure you too will see upon following my advice.

Good luck Justin!

5. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

:thumbsup:
      What if he's the only mod on and multiple people login and try to threaten people? Would it be fair to other players if he were to just take a ss then leave?
      That's completely fair, When I was staff I had these same issues often. Of course it was much more frequent back than that it was now but there's nothing wrong with leaving it up to a higher up.
      If you thought I was implying that Justin was a coward I was doing no such thing. I just wanted to make sure that he understands what to do if a situation like that happens when/if he gets mod.

Regardless of what other people are saying I still support. Nitpicking reports has always been a thing for canidates mostly everyone who really wanted staff has done it. There's no need to singlehandly bash on Justin for attempting to make the community a better place :drowning::L

6. boba

boba Retired Administrator Premium

I’m pretty sure what I was replying to was Justin receiving hate. What I’m replying to is staff disrespect. If Justin as a staff gets uncomfortable after numerous hate comments and does not want to deal with it after verbally warning or using disciplinary commands, he can definitely forward the situation to a superior or fellow staff. If others are getting hate, that’s a different story and I agree with you that the staff HAS to get involved. Except I’m not speaking about that situation.
      It’s a general saying from me, I wasn’t trying to say you were implying that. If it seemed like so, I’m sorry!

But, resupport for Justin. : )

7. Justin

Justin justin Premium

Thank you for clarifying these points boba
      Thank you, manu
      <3

8. Grayman

Grayman Experienced Member

Neutral.

Only seen you once in-game and I've played this server for almost 7 years, I did just come back from a break though.

9. Salvation

Salvation Experienced Member

No support, your clear antisemitic values are all I need to know.

10. Justin

Justin justin Premium

I commonly play after 6pm EST during the weekdays and after 8pm EST during the weekend
      Thanks for the feedback, though I do not appreciate the trolling.

11. jessdum

jessdum Active Member

agreed. I never see Justin online and I float around all gamemodes. Especially reports without confronting the person. Mods have the power to warn people if they say something or do something. However, in the reports I have seen from Justin, he has never said a word and hasn't talked to the player which I feel is important.

12. Justin

Justin justin Premium

I have no responsibility talking to the player about it. That is not a good idea because in most cases would only cause more issues. I’m going to have to agree to disagree on that. I don’t understand your intent. Thanks for the feedback.

If I were a moderator of course I would not be opposed to talking to them about it.

13. Derpxy

Derpxy Active Member

. I think you are trying your hardest to invalidate my abilities by nitpicking the smallest instances in the past, such as this one.

No one is trying to invalidate your abilities at all, we have all seen how much you try to find evidence just to boost forums which of course is what you're trying to but again.

I will again bring up the fact that you say you are "Helpful". I do not know you on the Mv-Discord but certainly in game i play most days for very long hours with players from all timezones since im not in school currently and im able to work whilst playing, i pvp alot and trade on both Kit,Op and survival mostly and i haven't ever seen you answer simple "knowledgeable" questions from other players who need help, Inactivity is a big thing that you say you're mostly on op and kit when you have not logged in for over two days is a stretch to this application and i think that needs to be looked into by whoever manages the applications.

also back to where you quoted "" I have never said this, please do not bring false information onto my application unless you have proof. "" you said yourself, again i will quote. ""I have never made a report that was closed due to lack of evidence. Everything I report is valid and consequential."" You said before this which im unable to find most likely to moderators removing certain comments and replies from certain forum members that you reported the person, they suffered consequence then admitted to not having enough evidence for that report? if im able to find any screenshots or previous messages i will certainly update this message as soon as possible

:)

14. SuperMonkey333

SuperMonkey333 Active Member

Bro your complaining about eco nitpicking. All the hell you do is report players for the slightest things that most mods wouldn't give a about.

15. Justin

Justin justin Premium

You guys continuously bring up what I have reported in the past. They weren't even "minor" offenses. You and your friends were pretending to be a pedophile in chat. I do not think that is appropriate and I do not think that it should be something that a possible child could log on to see. That is why I reported it. Both players suffered a mute which was NOT MY decision. The moderator decided.
      It has been less than 2 days actually. I am a normal human being and have other things to handle throughout the day such as school, my job, homework, etc. I also was playing on my other account for a bit.
      I still, do not believe I have ever said those words but if you insist. Come to me with the proof before accusing me.
      I'm just going to copy the same thing I said to CBD: You guys continuously bring up what I have reported in the past. They weren't even "minor" offenses. You and your friends were pretending to be a pedophile in chat. I do not think that is appropriate and I do not think that it should be something that a possible child could log on to see. That is why I reported it. Both players suffered a mute which was NOT MY decision. The moderator decided.

So in reality, the mods do care about it. They decide punishment. I just report what I see.

16. SuperMonkey333

Justin if you report a bannable offence they have to ban/mute, if they saw it in game i guarantee most mods would not care AT ALL.

17. Justin

Justin justin Premium

You are admitting that it was a mutable offense so please do not continue to call my reports invalid.

18. Brendunce

Brendunce Active Member

Neutral leaning towards support, very responsible, mature, and friendly, the only thing putting me on the edge is the in-game activity which you've been improving on, best of luck with your application!

19. Justin

Justin justin Premium

Thank you. I will keep improving ingame.

20. SuperMonkey333

I never called your reports invalid, please read through the response before calling me out.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.