x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA Justin's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Justin, Mar 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Derpxy

Derpxy Active Member

not too sure if you replied with the right name there :)

2. jessdum

jessdum Active Member

^^^^^^

3. Justin

Justin justin Premium

I have never made a report that was closed due to lack of evidence. Everything I report is valid and consequential.

4. GBGBGB13

GBGBGB13 Active Member

Support, great person In game and on discord.

5. Justin

Justin justin Premium

thank you <3

6. m05rx7

m05rx7 Established Member

nah no support
      this guy false reports and makes stuff up half the time, also reports for the smalles things you could do that arent even bannable or mutable
      hes rude too
      wouldnt be a good mod

7. iEco

iEco Active Member

No support.

I've never seen your tag ingame, in all four years I've played this server.
      I also have seen a large majority of players complaining that you create reports for unnecessary or inconsequential infractions, which is most likely to boost your mod application.

Do we really want somebody who punishes the slightest infraction as a member of our staff team?

As well as that you say you play PvP gamemodes often and are quite active there. Why is it that you don't know the basics of the gamemode if you're truly active? (https://forums.mineverse.com/threads/vaults.160635/#post-1411049)

Do we really need to take your word for it that you're active when you don't even understand the fundamental basics of a gamemode? I'm going to assume if you're on a pvp gamemode and still don't know how to play you're most likely only there to farm reports on hackers and toxic players.

Based on the amount of players who genuinely think you're an overbearing person already and the fact I've never seen you in game I'm going to say no support.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    8. Derpxy

Derpxy Active Member

Agreed, He Admitted to Not having enough proof even though the Mute was followed through by moderators, proven that he picks out the smallest things just to get his reports up on his moderator forms

9. m05rx7

m05rx7 Established Member

It just isnt though

10. Rasmus

Rasmus Active Member Premium

Support

Justin already has experience from moderating on the Discord, so i'm sure he wouldn't have any trouble moderating on the server. He's also very friendly and helpful both ingame and on Discord.

Good luck! :D

11. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

Re-support.
      To the people saying he reports for the smallest things, you do realize that reporting players boosts your chances of getting mod? Justin isn't reporting people to be an :asshat:.

12. iEco

iEco Active Member

The fact he reports people for the tiniest infractions just so he can boost his moderator application says a lot, and in all the wrong ways.

He should be reporting people for things he would actually punish them for if he were a moderator; not things that are inconsequential and a real moderator would just ignore or give a warning for.

If he wants the position he needs to act like a mod, not just report players to boost his application in hopes it will make him more desirable as a moderator.

13. Mai

Mai Well-Known Member

support!!

justin is an extremely mature and kind individual. he's been doing amazing as discord mod, so there's no doubt in my mind that he'd be a good mineverse mod. he's very hardworking and understands right from wrong. he's definitely suitable for this position.

i hope you get promoted!! good luck justin.

14. Justin

Justin justin Premium

Thank you all for the supports it means a lot to me. c:

If you look at my created threads, only one of my reports were followed by only a warning. I did not choose the mute that CBD and jess got. A moderator did so I do not understand your "a real moderator would just give a warning for" comment because the report didn't result in a warning.
      I have never said this, please do not bring false information onto my application unless you have proof.

15. iEco

iEco Active Member

The reason I don't support is because you report each individual, inconsequential infraction. In a situation a current staff member would most likely just warn the player for, you report the player to be muted.

Also, why aren't you active on all gamemodes? You claim to be active on pvp-gamemodes like kit and op, and if so how is it you still don't have a decent understanding of how they work (https://forums.mineverse.com/threads/vaults.160635/#post-1411049)?

I've never seen you on any other gamemode, and between you not understanding the fundamentals of a gamemode, you frequenting only pvp-modes (which are often full of hackers and toxic players), and players stating you minimod constantly, I'm lead to believe you only really play pvp modes to farm reports in order to boost your mod app.

Unfortunate, but still no support

16. Justin

Justin justin Premium

I have zero say in how a moderator punishes a player. I report it, they decide. If they felt like it was a wrongful mute they are more than welcome to take that up with the banning/muting moderator. Not the player that reported them.
      This was a simple misunderstanding that even current moderators make sometimes. It does not prevent me from being a good fit to moderate. I am extremely knowledgeable about the server's quirks and overall functions. I think you are trying your hardest to invalidate my abilities by nitpicking the smallest instances in the past, such as this one.
      Most often I play OP and Kit because they are the most populated servers I don't know how you could expect me to play like skyblock or creative when there are no players online. This isn't to say that I never play them because I do. I play skyblock almost every day. When you are a moderator you are not expected to "play" every single server and enjoy it, you just need to know how they work and be able to hop onto one of them if there is an issue. I only report players for hacking when I notice it whilst pvping them.

Thanks for the feedback

17. iEco

iEco Active Member

When you are moderator you aren't expected to play every server and enjoy it, but you're supposed to take time out of your day to switch between individual servers to see what's happening and check in on players who need help.

That said, what's wrong with me nitpicking? If you're going to be a moderator I see no reason why I can't look into each and every thing you slip up on. Somebody who has a possibility of becoming a full time staff member should be looked into seriously.

The only support I currently see on your application is from those who play PvP gamemodes full time as well, while the majority of the no supports are from players like me who've never seen you as you tend to ignore servers like survival, skywars etc.

Still no support. A lot of players dislike you for nitpicking and reporting everything that comes into your line of sight, and that isn't someone I want as a mod.

18. Justin

Justin justin Premium

I do
      Feel free to. I am just saying that forgetting about a simple thing like that does not make me unable to moderate.
      I do play survival, but when I come online I am flamed, called homopobic slurs, and talked about negatively so I steer away when certain players are online.

19. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

just the daily life of a moderator, if you can't handle certain players calling you names how will you moderate them?

20. Justin

Justin justin Premium

I’m fine handling the comments, I just choose to walk away when it’s only un-needed conflicts.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.