Competition July Competition

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Cwes, Jul 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cwes

Cwes Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Hello Mineverse and welcome to the July Competition!

This months competition will be a Sumo Tournament!

~~~~~~~~~
    In sumo, two players will face each other in a circular ring and try to throw each other off. The first one who forces their opponent out of the ring is the winner.
    The competition will be a bracket-style tournament. There will be 3 fights each to decide the winner of the round. Each round you win, you will be moved further up the bracket until there is one winner left. If you lose a round, you lose the tourney.

[​IMG]

There will be 16 slots in the tournament bracket. To select these 16 players we will be hosting a qualifying round. This round will consist of a large sumo arena in which anyone is allowed to enter, and the last 16 players left standing will be entered into the main sumo tourney.

To enter the Qualifying round please fill out the Google Form below.
    https://forms.gle/y1SobKH54QWTo9GT7

The remaining 16 players will be entered into a 2 sided tourney bracket. The two main rounds will be hosted on July 17th. Side one of the bracket will be hosted at 3pm(EST). Side two of the bracket will be hosted at 8pm(EST).

On July 18th a final round between 2 finalists from both sides will be hosted at 3pm(EST).

QUALIFYING | July 10th 3pm EST
    SIDE ONE 1 | July 17th 3pm EST
    SIDE TWO 2 | July 17th 8pm EST
    FINAL ROUND | July 18th 3pm EST

All rounds will be hosted on OPPVP
    Be aware that you will be disqualified if you are unable to make these dates.

[​IMG]

Failure to follow these rules can result in disqualification.

➳ Please refrain from arguing with any other participants. If you believe someone is using a hacked client, please message one of the competition team members.

➳ Hacking during the event will result in a 31 day ban from the lobby, regardless of prior offenses.
    For this reason it is highly recommended that ALL participants record their POV.

Any attempts of trying to "cheat" in the competition will result in disqualification.
    If unsure about any rules/information please contact @i_am_youtuber

[​IMG]

The winner will receive a choice of a 25$ coupon to the mineverse store or forums premium for 6 months.

Good luck!

Do not reply to this thread unless it is a question related to the competition, all other replies will be deleted.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2021
  2. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Comp. Team Leader

Senior Moderator
    Entries for the qualifying round are closed!

3. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Comp. Team Leader

Senior Moderator
    Congratulations to xPessimistic on winning the July Sumo competiton!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.