x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Implemented In Depth Removal of Crate Items

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rent, Mar 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Okay so, I just opened over 2 stacks of keys and only got 1 epic key out of it all and about $350. The rest was gapples, kb axes, tons and tons of exp bottles and swords.

I feel like we should be changing how crates work now, why? Op got reset back in May 2019 (I think) and this means people have money, items and everything they will ever need for a fair pvp experience. Most of the items within the crates are completely useless to put it bluntly. I'm going to list some items that I think should be taken out of the Ultra Crates

Also there's a similar thread to this here, but not the same as I am listing more items and going into Depth as to why they should be removed
      https://forums.mineverse.com/threads/remove-the-ultra-axe-sword-from-ultra-keys.158749/

Here is the current layout / item armoury of the Ultra Crate
      [​IMG]

Items to be taken out of the Ultra Crate

Sharpness 15 diamond sword with Fire Aspect 2

This item is literally useless to everyone. I've never seen anyone even use this item as most people are either ranked and have their own kits with access to a much better sword or people (such as unrankeds) purchase sharpness 30s from the /ah anyways. I see no need to have this sword in the crate as it's wasting opportunities for better chances at getting better and more useful items.

[​IMG]

Sharpness 10, Knockback 5 and Fire Aspect 10 Axe

Axes are useful, for example the kb can get you out of situations if need be. However considering how much of an annoyance axes have became lately on Op (anyone can agree with me) I think that they should be taken out of this crate, especially at such a low quality of an axe. The enchants aren't necessarily that useful and almost everyone player has more efficient and more durable axes.

[​IMG]

Knockback 30 Stick

I feel like considering most people throw out their knockback sticks from their kits anyways, I wouldn't see an actual need for them to be in any crate. You could argue that a few people use them, but then again, there's loads of knockback sticks and a lot more utility that I am listing in this thread, all in the auction house, it's always there to purchase.

[​IMG]

5 and 10 Golden Apples

Golden apples will always be useful, they're pretty much the only utility that actually keeps us alive, if we don't consume them we'll die, it's as simple as that. However I feel like since kit op gives 10 golden apples anyways, I don't see why there's 5 golden apples in the crate, as well the 10 golden apples. If you think about it, /kit op is every 2 minutes, that's 10 gapples every 2 minutes which calculates to around 300 gapples every hour. These are just once again taking up opportunities of getting better items out of the crate.

[​IMG]

Enchantment Bottles 64x

Enchantment bottles can be useful, but we don't need 2 types of enchantment bottles in crates, only a stack will do. Enchantment levels are barely ever neededs anyways considering you can just purchase enchants from the shop at the spawn. I feel like having the 3 stacks of Enchantment bottles is a bit overkill and useless and would like to see it removed. Not to mention you get exp everytime you kill someone as well.

[​IMG]

✿ That's all of the items I wanted to suggest to be removed from the Ultra Crates and maybe even the Epic and Legendary Crates too, but this post specifies the Ultra Crates.

Please let me know what you think below by commenting your opinions and whether or not you support this suggestion or not.

Thanks for reading.

• Support Support x 17
      • No Support No Support x 1
    2. Pitato

Pitato Active Member

Support, seems like a good idea and offers a chance to new players to receive more valuable items.

3. sisicow

sisicow Experienced Member

Full support.

4. whatupRJ

whatupRJ Experienced Member

support

5. dune

dune Active Member

Support. Thank You Renty! I swear to god if this isn't added I'm going to crash the eco and drop a crap ton of keys to every single player and I got like 200k to go on a buying spree.

6. rent

Thank you all
      I hope it gets implemented.

7. Skpye sir

Skpye sir Experienced Member

Support, but I think the axe should stay only because you would have to buy it if you wanted it, so it isn't completely useless.

8. rent

Okay fair enough, I can live with that, thanks for the support.

9. SmogX

SmogX Legendary Youtuber Premium

Just WOW, this suggestion @rent is so clean and well writed. This is defenetly a support. I was thinking about what items could be replaced in the crate and I think 1 or 2 speed pots could be a great idea or eaven pearls.

10. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

No support. I appreciate the time you took to write this thread and I agree that getting a 'op axe' or a 'op sword' is nearly useless and its annoying but it's necessary. If every opening of a crate key was a 'win' then the eco would be broken. Every time you open a crate key you would be getting something of value which isn't how crates are supposed to work. Crates are meant to be some bad items, some mediocre items, and then the occasional very good item. I think Ultra Crates should stay the same but maybe change the Epic / Legendary crate keys because you have to either purchase them or get very lucky opening other crate keys. I know I have an unpopular opinion so if there's something I'm missing please let me know.

11. Skrown

Skrown Well-Known Member

Ye but this crate key is straight up bad items like rent said he got ONE epic key and 350 which is nothing on oppvp now, Support

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    12. rent

I agree, thank you Smog.
      I can understand where you're coming from. However removing these items wouldn't necessarily ''break'' the eco system. It's already broken if you ask me. There's people winning coinflips of tens of thousands of dollars. Sharp 40s are now going for over $1k and s35s for $400-500. These prices were the starting prices of when the swords got released. Removing these items wouldn't break the eco system, it would just make keys a lot more worth it than they already are.
      Thanks.

13. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

An alternate solution would be changing the percentages that you get certain items.

14. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

support for removing XP bottles only. like toad said, removing too many of these items would impact the economy. ultra keys are incredibly easy to get a hold of - through voting, AFKing / using alts and getting keys through VPs etc. just because gaps, axes and kbsticks aren't the most popular items, and most people end up throwing them out, doesn't mean they should be completely removed from the game. maybe they should be taken out of the higher crates, but not ultra

15. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

16. rent

I guess so.
      I just feel like since it's been so long since the last OP reset, people already have access to all of these items and there's always /ah. I really don't think they should be in the crate but I respect your reasoning.
      Yeah I linked your thread in the post.

Thanks for the support.

17. BTCbandit21

BTCbandit21 Established Member

Support, I opened 3 stacks of keys (192) and got 2 epic keys.

18. djryan

djryan Legendary Member Premium

op is already duped to high hell, should be reset

19. Egg

Egg Established Member

Yeah but the amount you 'win' is far less then the amount you lose. Half of the items are completely useless and the rates for the things that aren't useless are low. Even with the gaps they could be more than 5 and 10, at least like 15 and 20 since kit op gives you 10 anyways.

Support. The crates are terrible for what you spend to buy the keys

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2021
    20. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

The crate keys are free though so you should lose more than win

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.