x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Forums /friends link Trophy

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Swift, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Friends Trophy
      With the implementation of the new friends update being able to link your friends profile in game to your forums account I think there should be a trophy introduced to cover one of the following topics:

Idea 1 -
      Friends (reference to the show you know yeah btw this isn't part of the title) - Have over x amount of friends (100? 250? 500?) Reward: 10-15 points (depending on the amount).
      Idea 2 -
      Linked - Link your friends account to your forum account (may be too easy) Reward: 1-2 points.
      Idea 3 -
      I do - Have your marriage status go from single to taken. Reward: 2-3 points.
      Idea 4 -
      Till the Day I Die - Be married to the same person for over x amount of months. (6 months maybe) Reward: 5-8 points (depending on the amount).

Not sure if any or all of these are doable but you know seemed like pretty cool ideas in my head /shrug.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    2. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Seems like a cool idea
      Support

3. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

Support

4. Tonya

Tonya Well-Known Member

Support! Nice way to connect /friends on the server moreso on forums.

5. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Support to this one only - although the other ones are cool, some just want a private friends list, just won’t marry ingame etc and it can be similar to the 2fa achievement

6. Swift

Swift Boss Member

and if that is the case then they're clearly not worried about earning all the trophies in the first place (since you refer to the 2fa trophy having the problem and they still refuse to do it) i'd say to think about those people.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    7. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

Support for only the 2nd idea. The rest could just be seen as a popularity contest.

8. Swift

Swift Boss Member

and?.. getting the most likes or most posts are not? Don't see how changing your marriage status is a contest lol.

9. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

Boba brought this thread to my attention & wanted to implement it. I think this is obviously a great idea and a fun way to integrate the concept of friends through in-game & the forums.

It isn’t possible at this very moment, but I want to keep this idea in mind for future work on Friends.

The friends plugin was created by Matt, and every form of integration it has with the forums has all been configured manually to appear the way it does on the forums (i.e. marital status, friends list tab on profile).

The trophy system however is just apart of XenForo (or a XenForo add-on… I’m pretty sure it’s just a default feature tho? Anyways…) which means it listens for actions that would be initially apart of XenForo (posts, ratings, etc.), so, it wouldn’t, by nature, be able to listen to any external features.

It’s not impossible, of course. Nate is the one currently working with the friends plugin (to the height of my knowledge) to make it compatible & optimized for newer versions and game-modes. I might take it up with him and see if he wants to work with me on doing more forums stuff with it. This would ideally happen & be most likely/possible with an update to Friends entirely, including newer features.

~ old post but ~ love the idea and I love the way it got the cogs in my brain turning with thoughts & ideas about friends.

I’ll return to this thread with any updates I have on this.