x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Formal Apology

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Lamborghini, May 12, 2019.

1. Lamborghini

Lamborghini Active Member

Hi everyone, I'm Lamborghiniii, and I owe you all an apology, especially those who once supported my application. I'd like to first address how I've broken one imperative rule today. I, unfortunately, logged in Mineverse at an unfortunate time where the server was getting an unprecedented amount of bots flooding the server chat. One of the Titans asked me to assist him in killing the bots since they had Kill-Aura and were killing several members. I didn't think about the situation rationally and wasn't up to date with the rule, and therefore I jumped and decided to kill some of the bots. I then get banned FAIRLY and ACCORDINGLY by one of the moderators. I fully apologize for not following the moderator's clear instructions. This of course drastically impacted my staff application. I now have 21 no supports and 7 supports as of right now. I'm definitely not shocked, and yet again I apologize. Now, some of you know that I am applying for staff on a much bigger server. Yes, I decided to give in and try to apply and see what I get. Of course, some of my online friends get the wrong impression and idea as to why I wanted to position. Some of them thought I wanted the position/s for popularity and such. I absolutely don't. Popularity on a Minecraft server isn't what I desire. I simply want any position to improve my moderation field and skills, and most importantly, to positively impact the server's community. This is too much and too cringey is what some people might think as they're reading this. I understand. i just thought apologizing would clear out any controversy between me and my online friends. I want to keep things the way they were. Myself, getting on MV at 1 pm and talking to my online friends on discord.

regardless, i gatta sleep so bye

2. Khortex

Khortex Experienced Member

this is so sad, can we get some no supports?

3. Lamborghini

Alexa play despacito

4. ILoveNull

ILoveNull Active Member

big oof

5. Lamborghini

yeah

6. Swift

Swift Boss Member

I feel like the mod that banned you had taken the rule on "Bots" and twisted it, sure you were warned by the mod and banned but the rule you got banned for is this one I assume..
      Bots: (bots: 14 day lobby ban| player using bots: 14 day ban from the gamemode)

The term "Player using bots" is VERY vague and I assume that most people see the word using in that rule as the player controlling the bots so really I don't believe this was a fair rule to be banned on for 14 days but you know this server has changed and the staff with it. If they want to ban you fairly for what rule you broke it probably should be under staff disrespect not what they used because that rule is just plain old stupid and anyone could interrupt it differently because of how simple it is said. So if you were banned for 14 days and not 1 day I really do see that as unfit for whoever banned you, I don't recall doing this back when I was moderator.. I do blame you for not listening however.

Let's say even if we did go deeper into the rule which states:
      Do not use bots to get an unfair advantage over other players such as using bots to farm money. This rule also includes the use of alts to get money by killing them.

This is still not very clear as it still makes it seem like the punishment is still for the player who is controlling the bots by the way it is said.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    7. Turtle.

Turtle. Experienced Member

He told me he was banned for seven days. I agree with you. It is less of the fact that he broke that rule which is fairly vague, but that he disrespected a staff and did not listen.

8. Lamborghini

Completely understood and I completely agree, but to be fair I wasn’t on when Gabe gave those strict instructions. I didn’t want to bring it up because I wanted to be completely sincere and not being any controversy

9. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Quite the difference in ban length though, don't you think

10. Turtle.

Turtle. Experienced Member

Yes it is.

11. Lamborghini

Right...

12. Toxic

Toxic Active Member

yessir

13. Lamborghini

Yessir indeed

14. Max

Max Janice's Mentor Premium

Before making assumptions please read into depth the rule in question. Although, I was not the banning moderator, and I’m not sure what was happening prior to the ban; but here is what OP was banned for.

If you scroll down to the portion in the defined rules (Click Here) for bots, you’ll see that it is included that bot farming, or using bots and/or alternate accounts to gain money and/or kills applies to this rule. There is no word play or rule twisting, it was legitimate so long as there is evidence held by the banning moderator.

If making it more clearly stated would help then I will happily make suggestions towards that.

15. Lamborghini

I can agree to some extent. I don’t blame the banning moderator one bit, and I couldn’t adhere to the rules, and I received a ban fairly. Gabe was just doing his job.

16. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

I have a recording of lamborgini killing the bots cause i was gunna report him lol

17. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Ok then. If you're going to link something and say that's what he was banned on can you explain why the user was only banned half of the amount of time that it has listed there? Is that not twisting the punishment no matter if the effect is positive or negative?

Just curious about it.

18. Lamborghini

That problems been taken care of.

19. Max

Max Janice's Mentor Premium

No, unfortunately I can’t explain that. I wasn’t there so I’m not sure for the reasoning, but my guess says the ban was shortened due to the known fact that it wasn’t Lamborghini who was running the bots. He did abuse them, however. We are currently in the process of renewing and establishing the rules so that they will better suit the current player situation and make certain aspects more clear.

20. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Not gunna lie if the bots follow you round and kaura you you should be able to kill them.

D
      and btw maybe make a suggestion that you can only get the kill rewards every like 30 seconds removing bot farming anyways