x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Favorite Memories Playing Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Syndicade, Jan 28, 2017.

?

Do you think the Minecraft community/fanbase has gotten worse?

1. Yes

86.7%
    2. Nah

13.3%
    1. Syndicade

Syndicade Boss Member

I know threads like this have been posted before, but I felt like sharing with everyone on here my time playing Minecraft since the 2012 days. Feel free to share your memories on Minecraft as well! :D

I first started playing Minecraft in 2012, after I heard a lot of kids talking about it in my school (I was in 7th grade lol). Everyone was talking about building houses, Herobrine, defeating the Ender Dragon, etc. Now, my PC was awful then, so I had to play it on my Xbox for a bit. This was when I was still a kid (still am technically), and playing new games to me was extra thrilling. :)

I remember loading my first world, and the first thing I did (like many noobs) was build a great dirt hut. I'd mine
      endlessly with some of my schoolmates, and we'd stay up until 4AM every summer night exploring the world. The game was so much more simplistic and raw than it is now.
      Who actually remembers the sacrifice for that very first cow or pig they slaughtered to survive the very first night? Or the very first food poisoning they got from trusting raw chicken meat or rotten flesh. Now, new players are overwhelmed with red stone, egg wars, mods, and hundreds of mini games when they join. Never to experience what Minecraft was truly about..

Anyways, enough ranting. After I spent SO many hours building, mining, and exploring, I decided to try the game on PC. It was so much better than console, and the PC community itself was pretty mature, which was also really great to me. I eventually decided to try multiplayer on PC in 2014, and I fell in love with it. I made so many friends, and some lifetime like @IncaMiyuki. I'd just spend hours upon hours playing factions/survival with my new friends, back when things were still simplistic and fun.
      Not about modding, mini-games, donation ranks, etc.
      Nowadays, though, it's not the same at all for me. Minecraft is still a wonderful game to play, but the fanbase/community is just getting worse & worse. It's been completely overrun by cringy 12 year-olds, hackers, etc. It's not fun for me anymore, and it's probably because I've grown a lot since the 2012 days.
      I really wish someone made a time machine already... :/

I'll never forget the many memories I've had playing this game, though, and the many people I've had fun playing with over the last 5 years. As I said, feel free to tell of your favorite times playing Minecraft below as well! :)

• Like Like x 1
    2. Ohmic

Ohmic Legendary Member

I think Minecraft is one of the very few games (maybe even the only) that has helped me improve on certain aspects. One of them is socializing. Seriously, before I came and interacted with the community I was this really shy person. Of course I'm still like that to this day, but it has been better for the most part. Another aspect would be grammar, punctuation, etc. I would say my writing wasn't 100% the best when I first came here, but observing others comments, posts, etc. definitely brought some improvement within that section. As for memories? There are too many to name but here's one. In prison, there was a faction called Sweg, in which consisted of several friends. We used to just mess around on that particular gamemode. That's now just gone... Just thinking about those times makes me take a huge sigh. I have had some good and terrible times here, but none of that is going to make me forget about the community. So I would like to say thank you, MV community, for being one a hell of a joyride. But I would like to thank a few people that have definitely made this experience better (not saying all of you are bad <3) @Puri~ @IncaMiyuki @Syndicade @Sumgei (won't tag him because he's too cool for me ;( ) @MiningCreeper454

sidenote: this might seem like a pile of junk, but i couldn't think properly like 90% of the time. //sorry

• Like Like x 2
    3. Herf

Herf Boss Member

when i killed @hider21 on kitpvp like 2 years ago that was lit

when i got perm banned

when someone showed me a dupe glitch and i duped tons of stuff

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    4. Syndicade

Syndicade Boss Member

I can relate a lot, aha. :p

5. amli

amli Boss Member

Not from Mineverse but my favourite memories were from a while ago, back when you could run MC off the website and before it all turned to hell (lol). That's probably where my love for infection started because Infection and that Lava Escape game would be all I would ever play and honestly it was great

6. Herf

Herf Boss Member

that was lit

7. Baby

Baby Well-Known Member

I had some of the best experiences I could ever have in minecraft. I remember starting in 2010. I was 8 years old, and my pc was terrible. I was so excited to buy minecraft, and I finally got it. I remember it crashed every 10 minutes on my pc, but I didn't care. It was fun to adventure and learn new things I didn't know about. After a while my pc fried and I had to stop playing. I came back in 2015 and got a pc for my b-day. The 2nd server I ever joined was Mineverse, I made some great friends on here and had an amazing time. Staying up till 1 am to play bedwars was the best.

I'm starting to fade from MC now. I mean, a lot of bad things happened in 2016 as well as good things. XTurtle started recording hack videos. Server drama started. People started coding autoclickers and ghost clients. Now minecraft isn't about building and exploring. It's all about pvping, get the highest cps, and getting on the leaderboards. The pvp community is absolutely toxic and cant tell hacks from no hacks.

8. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

One of my most memorable was watching that badlener mod when he booted off servers that advertised on here.

9. Flazer

Flazer Boss Member

10. Alana

Alana Well-Known Member

I had so many wonderful and awful memories on mineverse, and minecraft in general. I started in 2013 and I enjoyed playing it soo much, I made so many new online friends. There were any servers that I just loved to play, and for some reason Mineverse was, and is my long lasting sever I have ever played. But any minecraft server that I stayed on, I really enjoyed playing and making friends. I many memories that I made on mineverse of making friends and playing Archerpvp and infection that I will remember forever. But I have so many more from other servers that were also wonderful.

But yeah, sadly I am slowly moving away from mineverse and minecraft, its just boring now, and I really need to get a life.

11. IExo_

IExo_ Experienced Member

The ol 2012 days i was such a noob it felt good......now it's not even fun

the old days

12. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

Back like 2 years ago getting like 8 year old's to ask their parents to explain what [insert sexual term] is.

13. Syndicade

Syndicade Boss Member

"Mom, someone on Minecraft said weiner. Whats that....?"

14. Griff

Griff Well-Known Member

When I played on a factions server that my friend played on because he had a fake account and it was lit.

When I played MCPe on my cheat iPod three years ago since everyone at my school was playing it.

When I first joined Mineverse and played BedWars all the time.

When I insulted and put toxic idiots in their place, oh wait I still do that

15. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

When I crashed a cracked server with no protection
      (I just used a hacked client)

I have a bad memory so I'll just say a memory that happened yesterday
      when @Auzzi goes to a traitor tester in TIMV and somebody presses the traitor trap so she falls

It's a long story, theres a trap that if you press it as a traitor that people in a tester (To see if you're good or not) will fall. Me and some others were rlly scared and I test and I start panicking. all g

Auzzi tests.
      rip rip

• Like Like x 1
    16. Surge

Surge Boss Member

-When I hacked on minetime
      -When I was mod here
      - When I opened a server and hit a staggering 50 players
      -when I troll my friends In /v

17. Syndicade

Syndicade Boss Member

I always trolled @IncaMiyuki in /v !!

• Like Like x 1
    18. Ruminisque

Ruminisque Experienced Member

Spending two years building my SkyBlock. I remember working so hard on that island. I learned so much.

19. bexr

bexr Well-Known Member

Being banned by @Connor_ on <edit> for hacking. ; )

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
    20. Legalized

Legalized Experienced Member

When I had 300 pieces of stacked hacked armor and the only sharpness 3000 iron sword but eventually got caught. This was way back before forums came out.