x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Global Events on KitPvP & OPPvP

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ref, May 2, 2021.

1. Ref

Ref Active Member

Hello everyone, i've seen some people suggest this before but they were mainly focused on one specific event this is more in general & multiple events involved, this is mainly for KitPvP & OPPvP.

So i was thinking what if people with god & titan rank could host events that we can join by simply typing a command.
      To host an event a player starts off by typing /event [name] (e.g. /event sumo) then a message gets broadcasted saying something like "RefAlphaMale is now hosting ... event type /event join to join!"

Now what i just said above is just one of the ways this could work, feel free to change it. I just want to see events get added.

Cooldown: 12 hours per player, 10 minute global cooldown after every event.
      Only players with god &
      titan can host events.

Some events i'd like to see if this gets added:
      KOTH, sumo, spleef, blue Vs red, red rover...

If you disagree with some of the stuff i said feel free to let me know what you disagree with & why, all feedback is appreciated.

2. Skpye sir

Skpye sir Experienced Member

Support!

3. Skrown

Skrown Well-Known Member

Support, but this command should a Titan rank cmd only

4. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Neutral - there's not really enough players on for these events at most times of the day, however it could attract some players I guess if it was implemented

5. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Neutral, mv barley peaks 40 members on its own so that would limit the amount of players that could come. But there was like 3 tabs on for the king of the hill event so who knows

6. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

To start an event should cost $250+ then whoever wins the event gets the $ that was put in to start it.

7. HarveyLockey

HarveyLockey Established Member

Support, also toads idea sounds better but maybe not as expensive

8. Ref

Ref Active Member

Thanks guys.
      I feel like this could bring back some of the players, also thanks for being honest lads.
      I also agree with toad, this helps the newer players earn money, if you are new on the server now you don't stand a chance.

9. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Neutral - Playerbase is a little low for events of this size. However like Porky said we could advertise it and it may attract more attention, then again the KOTH event was pretty laggy...

Hmm, I don't know, it would be cool but I feel like if any events were to be implemented, they need to make sure the server can handle excessive amounts of players joining and playing at once, as well as multiple plugins in the works for the event to work properly.

10. dune

dune Active Member

Bump. This has a lot of potential. Rather than letting players have the ability, I'd maybe suggest the server do it itself just to make things less complicated. Also since the server will be hosting the events at random(assuming there will be more than one in rotation), there could also be a player cap for one to start. Now let's say the actual server hosted the events and would only start if there was a minimum of 20-30 players. To go EVEN FURTHER, I know there are loads of people who afk spawn so the counter-argument would be, " Oh but dune, players afk spawn so a player cap wouldn't work well." Then whenever the server hosts the event you will have to manually click to join the event and if some people are botting and/or auto-clicking to get in you could add some verification thing they need to type out to join aswell. That being said, I think my reply to this suggestion is pretty well, and for anyone who reads this please leave suggestions on how much money players would have to pay to join so there is some sort of reward for the winner.

Edit: Test out my suggestion before you straight up implement it! I'm pretty sure it's a no-brainer but just in case. Also teaming, cheating, and exploiting the events needs to be looked at as well.

Double Edit: These events don't necessarily need rewards either! A 30 minute to 1 hour period of time in between events with no reward and just for fun is also acceptable. Cheaters/teamers/exploiters could then be recorded in these events and be reported without the stress of losing a reward at the same time.

11. ProdBrodie

ProdBrodie Active Member

12. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

One downside I see to this is hackers joining the events and completely ruining it for the god/titan who hosted the event.

Although I think this as a concept is an excellent idea for donor perk and an addition to the game, I do feel like there are a lot of problems that could arise with it.

Would the winner of the event get any type of reward (if so, would there be a minimum amount of players needed for an event to start)? Would there be a time limit to prevent people from hosting an event and just hanging out to stop another event from starting? What would happen if no one joined, would it cancel after some time? Would there be a limit as to how many people could join the event?

I do support this idea if it was well executed.