x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Global Donator ranks able to change prefix colour

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xJackkk, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Storm.

Storm. Active Member

well if you plated back then then you would know that you could pick almost any color you wanted, there was different shades of all colors, including yellow, stop acting like a smart*ss

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    2. Skrown

Skrown Well-Known Member

Support I feel like only Titan ranks should be able to do this though

3. Grayman

Grayman Experienced Member

Support, but only if God's and Titan's have the ability to do this. we payed a lot of money for our exclusive rank, so I would think it's unfair for people with premium do to this.

4. Adorably

Adorably Active Member

i support

5. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Only Titan ranks - Support

6. Tog

Tog Active Member

Support.

7. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

I agree with Aly just to add something else for titans or a limited few for like Gods, Supremes, etc.

Still, support.

8. Gang

Gang Experienced Member

premium is the only good color

9. Manu

Manu Experienced Member

Support ! We all have paid for or ranks so we should deserve /color etc

10. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Neutral, I'd only like it on skyblock & creative & survival tho

11. railyou mc

railyou mc Established Member

Neutral, although I believe titans should be able to.

12. Tog

Tog Active Member

I still support, although I don't think it should be implemented into all game modes. As Porky suggested, implementing it into only creative and skyblock would be for the best in my opinion.

13. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

Maybe not prefix, i'd prefer chat color instead of having to" &3text " do this for a colored chat thingy. (forgot its name )

14. Cloked

Cloked Active Member

I am Neutral and here is why...

Its no mystery that ranks need a buff, everyone knows that. The ranks do not offer enough in game perks to keep players playing the server for long periods of time. For many, the ranks don't offer any real appeal in the first place as the perks/commands offered (for all ranks) are very underwhelming. With that said, I think that adding the ability to change your chat color in game would provide a very small incentive to purchase a rank and would slightly reward those who already have, but me personally, I don't get persuaded to buy ranks and support servers because of cosmetics I might recieve.

With that said, I think that implementing this change would not help make ranks a finer bang for your buck and give players a more pleasurable experience. I personally believe that making this change would make chat harder to read and follow for some players, discouraging some to talk and follow the chat.

Additionally, coming from someone who used to play a server which had the ability to change chat name color, I always thought this was a really cool feature. However, when I first joined mineverse, one of the first things I noticed and liked about the server was how easy it was to distinguish between players with different ranks. So, adding this could make it more difficult to distinguish what rank a person might have, but it's a cool change none the less and changes are very much needed at the moment

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    15. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

changing to support i want my elite colour back but want titan perks

16. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

Neutral. I like the idea of having my name in a different colour, but I don't think the prefixes should change as well. Instead, I'd prefer having something such as /nick (give yourself a new name) but restrict it to colour codes only.

17. DeathAuras

DeathAuras Experienced Member

Neutral, I would change this to a support as long as it wouldn't look too messy in chat and also premium is a mere 2.50 so imo only god+ should get this perk just make some colours off limits

18. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

Still support, but I want to elaborate.

I think the perk should be for Titans only as they need more perks specific to the rank. Titan costs a lot and seeing as they recently lost some perms from other game modes this could be a nice addition to the game.

Colours should only include the colours of other ranks; not the colours of staff such as moderator or admin.

Titans would still have the titan prefix in chat, therefore making it distinguishable against other ranks, but have different colours making their rank unique.

I am unsure if this is possible, but perhaps a way to keep the uniformity of MV’s ranks system is to keep the IGN above each titan dark green, so other players in the game know what rank they’re playing with (if a titan with a light yellow-coloured rank begins flying in skyblock, it might become confusing)

Furthermore, this perk may encourage some players to upgrade to titan - whilst playing on a different unnamed server, I bought a rank just so i could change my name colour!

Changing the font (bold, italic, underlined, strike through) should not be available to titans as it compromises the uniformity of MV ranks, and would look messy. Colours would do this to a certain extent, but as long as they are in keeping with other ranks in the game I don’t think it would be much of a problem.

However I don’t think that ranks should be able to change their prefix. As said above, giving yourself a (appropriate) nickname would be a better option, and in my opinion would make the server cleaner as there would be less long names. Changing a prefix could make the chat seem messy, and I believe prefixes should state the rank you are currently at.

I really like the format that you’ve suggested this be put in with a simple menu and previews of what the rank would look like. This is a nice simple user friendly way to change colours.

TL;DR - support, but for titans only, and only MV rank colours

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    19. Tom

Tom Active Member