x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • EUR Disc's Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Disc, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      REGARDING .NET

Hello everyone, please read this before going into my actual application and judging it solely from what has been heard, as it will explain a lot. As some of you may or may not know, I have been punished on .net a decent amount and have never decided to properly fix it or plead for forgiveness and tending to blame most of my mistakes. After closing my application for around a week, I during that time I took a step back to re-evaluate my actions and how I’ve answered to them and I have come to the realization that I did manage the situation very poorly, making fun of them, because they were enforcing their rules, something I have only myself to blame, since past actions can’t be justified or erased I can only step up to them and accept its consequences. So, the best solution is to admit I am wrong and that I have learned my lesson, and that it will not be happening again. Given that, I see this as an opportunity to learn from the mistake and work upon it, focusing on becoming a more mature and responsible player.

Without further ado, here is my application.
      [​IMG]
      -= {IGN} =-

My current in-game name is Discomfit.

-= {What time zone are you in?} =-
      My time zone is BRT, Brasilia Time Zone. (UTC-3)

-= {What country do you live in?} =-

I live in Brazil, being more specific São Paulo.

-= {What languages do you speak?} =-

I speak many languages such as:

-Fluent Portuguese; - B.1 German; - Fluent English; - B2 Spanish.

(I am willing to show my work if necessary)

= {Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?} =

Yes, I do. I personally use Windows+G, which for me is easier to use and can be opened within seconds. As for screenshots I have Gyazo which is extremely practical to use and opens the screenshot immediately on my browser.

(I am always open about recording software suggestions)

= {Why do you think you should become a mod?} =

I have a few reasons why I think I should become a Mod. Firstly, I am a very fast learner, I tend to pick up on things very quickly and can adapt to any kind of situation needed. Demonstrated on how many languages I can speak by a young age (14 as of now writing this application). Another reason I think I am suitable for Mod is my persistency at my work, which tremendously helped me about the last topic I talked about, I won’t be satisfied until I reach the goal/information I’ve set myself out to get/reach. However, I don’t rush at what I am doing and always double check my sources and information, never jumping to conclusions. I would not say I am one of the most mature person, but I can be if needed. I am also very trustworthy, if someone tells me something its as if you’ve stored it in a extremely protected safe. I do not disclose the information independent of the player or their rank. Lastly, I am an extremely sociable player (from what I have been told by others) getting along with everyone in-game, being outgoing and friendly. Something that I also judge to be extremely important to have as a moderator, so you have an understanding of the current community and don’t blindly punishing players without knowing if it banters or an actual threat, and so they don’t feel uncomfortable around you when asking for help. Lastly, I do not easily crack under pressure, which in my opinion is an extremely valuable skill for mods nowadays. I play most game modes in MV, however I am most active on Infection, Creative, Survival, Op & Parkour, I don’t mind having to switch game modes to watch hackers. I am also extremely active on Discord & Forums and have good knowledge of the commands used. Being active on all platforms of MV is also particularly important, why you may ask? The answer for that is simple. You need to always know what is happening around the server and what players are thinking about, be it a something we can improve on or something that are just in their mind that could help the server out. I also have a good amount of knowledge of the in game commands such as ~ /ban (IGN) (time) (reason), /unban (IGN), /kick (IGN) (Reason) & /mute (IGN) (time) (Reason). ~

Since I talked about my qualities, I also feel that I should tell everyone some points I must work on. As of now I feel like I am not as mature I feel like I should be, however I will/am working on that. Another point I should work on is when things don’t go my way and I tend to prove my point (sadly getting a bit fired up), my solution? I give myself a minute or more to chill my head off and take a step back to rethink what happened and re-evaluate how I acted. When I do that and I notice I am wrong I go directly to the person and admit I was wrong, and that I shouldn’t have lashed out that way.

= {How long can you be active on the server every day?} =

In game: As of now during quarantine I can play every day 10 hours+, however whenever it ends, I can put in 2hours a day at least (Except Monday, Soccer practice).

Forums/Discord: I am active 24/7 on forums and discord. Feel free to poke me or start a chat with me

-= {How long have you been playing Mineverse?} =-

I have been playing Mineverse since 2015 on and off.

https://gyazo.com/a571c15e2518e1a05d2ecfe4c99a6158

-= {What punishments have you received in the last 9 months?} =-

Within the last 9 months I have only received:
      April 18th - A warn by Aly (in forums for post farming, as I was new and unaware this was a rule. However I have learnt from my mistake and wont be doing it again).

June 7th - Muted by Sando3 (Msg trolling, however Sando later said it should have been only a warn)​

June 18th - Banned by porkchop245 (Glitch abuse, addressed in page 4)

-= {Do you have any past experience as a moderator?} =-
      Yes, I do.

[​IMG]
      Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below? Yes/No
      Do you have 50 Post Count?
      Yes

Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up?

Yes

Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums?
      Yes

Do you have Skype and Discord for offline communication?

Yes (Both)

What is your Discord tag?

[​IMG]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      [​IMG]
      Thank you for reading my Moderator Application! Feel free to contact me via discord or in forums. Also if possible leave some feedback which is always hugely appreciated!

- Regards, Discomfit

:) Supports : idk stopped counting at 90
      :( No Supports : 3
      O_o Neutral : -

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    2. TAT

TAT Active Member

SUPPPPROOROOTT

3. its_tuber

its_tuber Active Member

No support

Never active
      rude
      never reports
      ugly

4. Elysiant

Elysiant Established Member

Support!!! Wonderful and loved by many <3

5. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Please refrain from double posting

6. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

Thanks Toto! :D

Ok! I can surely work on reports. If I have been rude to you in the past I am very sorry and can assure you 100% I will do my best for it not to happen again. I am online most of the day, what gamemode do you play? I can drop by and visit you daily if wanted :D. Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it! :)

Thank you Ely! :D

Ok, I am sorry. Won't double post again :)

7. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Neutral, active ingame n everything, you just need to familiarise yourself with forums + be active on forums. Good luck

8. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

Thank you for the feedback Porky! I will surely work on that. :)

9. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

Support

10. EveramSyndicate

EveramSyndicate Active Member

Who? Play for more than a day before you apply lol

11. Scorv

Scorv Gaming Warlord Premium

You posted this less than 2 weeks ago. https://www.mineverse.com/threads/farewell.155798/

Nothing has changed since you posted your farewell, how do we know you won't get burnt out (again)?

Being a moderator will require to be in-game. Giving someone, who doesn't enjoy Minecraft, mod on a Minecraft server doesn't seem like the right choice. Not to mention you said you're moving onto another game.

I think you would've been a great candidate for moderator (Active, polite, considerate, etc), if you didn't make a leaving thread a week and a half ago.

I cannot fully support you for now, hopefully that will change.
      Good luck. And make more reports.

12. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

Thank you Matten!

OH LMAO you got me good. I have played for more then a day, maybe we just haven't crossed paths yet? But sure I will try and play more C:

Hi Scorvix! Yeah I regret posting that as I wasn't thinking straight while writing it. The next day I noticed I had made a huge mistake but I couldn't remove it. I can reassure you this won't happen. Thanks for leaving your opinion! :D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    13. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

MASSIVE SUPPORT! Seen you active on most gamemodes, super friendly in game

Good luck dis :D

14. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

Thanks Sa! :D
      I love your new premium color btw, fits u very well!! ;o

15. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

bro do i even need to say anything

support all the way

16. Dalek

Dalek Experienced Member

You have my support ;)

17. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Support, pretty active, seen you on multiple gamemodes and you seem quite nice and genuine. I feel like you would be willing to change and help the server for the better. Best of luck :)

18. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

brooo thank you :D

Thanks Dalek! :)

Thank you Rent! :)

19. WiiTarded

WiiTarded Experienced Member

20. bittersweet

bittersweet Active Member

Support, just work on reports and you're good. Good luck :)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.