x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Survival Concrete and Quartz

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dustyf@ll, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Dustyf@ll

Dustyf@ll Honorary Supporter Premium

Yo this is dusty and well in survival ive noticed that there are not much variety of cool architectural building blocks so i want to push having Concrete and Quartz added to /shop. There is also the fact that the process of making Concrete is REALLY long specifically having to grab materials to craft the powder and on top having to place water it then break again. Quartz ive been in the nether and statistically i have seen the neither though like 15 portals as i do /wild the amount of quarts ore around an area is SUPER low and well it takes averagely 15-30 mins to get a stack of quartz. To add to the quartz ive noticed most quartz spawn on the ceiling or the underside of a biome chunk which you need to stack up like 50 blocks to reach one vein of quartz. Crazy how i experimented it. As i go to a normal survival single player the quartz ratio is way higher presented. anyways i think it will be a Good addition in kind regards -Dusty

2. Dustyf@ll

I made an oops XD i found quartz in the ore section XD so mainly push for the concrete but still increase the vein spawn in the neither. i would also add that 15k for a stack of quartz block is not worth in the shop

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    3. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

Full support!

4. Brendunce

Brendunce Active Member

I'm gonna go with no support on the concrete, there are like 15 kinds (not including powder, that would double that amount) and it would crowd the shop. While I agree the process of getting concrete is tedious, it's still relatively easy since all the resources are in /shop now. As for the quartz spawn rates, I feel like it would be significantly more complicated that it's worth (I know absolutely nothing about programming, so correct me if I'm wrong). If you're struggling with getting enough quartz, you could probably just mine the quartz with a silk touch and hope your mining mcmmo is high enough that you get a double drop and then later mine all the quartz ore with a fortune pick; that way you get the maximum amount of quartz per ore.

5. Dustyf@ll

Brendunce have you considered starting from scratch like nonrank and how hard it is for nonranks to get stuff like that also it wouldn't crowd the shop if it's in the second tab like they already have a second tab just for dyes in miscellaneous when there's a flower shop in decor. also non ranks have a harder way to earn money as with us ranks we can just do our sets and sell all the time. in consideration of shopping for materials imagine a non rank buying gravel and sand from the shop just to build a nice structured house that's quite a considering amount of money i wouldn't count the cost of sand cause there's even /warp sand but gravel per stack is 1100 which is quite a heavy price i understand your. regaurding to quartz stating fotune and silk a non rank isnt exposed to that much resourses joining. i understand your concept

6. Dustyf@ll

thx teeb for the support

7. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

Changing the price would be pretty easy.

8. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

sure why not support

9. Crazytaco

Crazytaco Well-Known Member

Support, great idea!

10. Brendunce

Brendunce Active Member

I mean considering how even an iron shovel makes mining sand and gravel really fast, I wouldn't say it locks making concrete behind playing a while or having a rank. Even if a new player didn't just instantly ask in chat if anyone has sand or gravel, they'd still have an easy time getting it as deserts are relatively common and gravel is pretty easy to find if you look around in caves/mines and sometimes at the bottom of rivers. I feel like decreasing shop prices for sand and gravel would be more effective (like Teeeb said) since it wouldn't add any more tabs or rows to shop but it would make it easier for newcomers to buy the resources to make concrete.

I do understand where you're coming from by saying that getting quartz is harder for newcomers, but that's how it is in vanilla Minecraft. Quartz already spawns in groups of like 10, sometimes more sometimes less. Usually (as long as your nether spawn isn't near someone else's), you can find quite a few patches of nether quartz. I'm not sure if the server decreased quartz spawn rates but even if they did, there's still a decent amount that spawns (as long as you don't end up in a basalt delta) that it shouldn't be too big of a deal (plus you can trade with piglins for quartz, you'd just have to wait for them to cooperate).

11. dopee

dopee Moderator Moderator

Yeah, my house is nearly only made out of concrete. The prosess of first going to find the mats, and then craft it into powder, and THEN add water to it so it gets solid, its no easy thing. You have my support!

12. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Support for the concrete
      however, there is plenty of quartz, there is no reason to make it less rare

13. Frez

Frez Active Member

Big support for the concrete, as previously said its a big hassle to get all the mats (especially when you're really good at dying like me)

However, I think the quartz is OK as it is currently, as stated above by porky! :)