x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Forums Change rules regarding advertising non-minecraft discords

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Torch, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Torch

Torch Builder Builder

Change rules regarding advertising non-minecraft discords

The whole idea of no advertising is solely based around it drawing minecraft players and money away from Mineverse.

However you can link your own Youtube channel, Instagram, Discord Id, Website, Twitter, Snapchat, Skype, Facebook, Github to your Forums Profile, this is not considered a problem to MV. All of these can be monetised by the user, they are all forms of advertising yet are allowed.

All of these things have the ability to draw players and money away from Mineverse in a Minecraft way.

Non Minecraft related discord servers pose no threat to MV’s income stream any more than peoples profile contact details (you can literally link your own personal website that could be anything)

You should be allowed to post non minecraft related discords in the ‘Other Games’ section especially since there is no ‘Other Games’ voice call section in the Mineverse Discord for players to use.

2. Dualband

Dualband Well-Known Member

yes support

3. celina

celina Active Member

support yes

4. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

support yes

5. Crazytaco

Crazytaco Well-Known Member

support, torch has the best suggestions and ideas

6. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

This is not true. Part of the rule is to prevent people from drawing people away, however most of it is related to keeping players and such safe.

Even if it was, discords do not alsays stay the same. Take an old infection discord for example (not going to name it), it was made to bring friends together to play infection together and call with eat other, infection got boring and the discord moved on to different things and dofferent servers. I'd be willing to bet at least 1/4 of the people in it now havent even played infection.

In the case of a minecraft seever this involves anyone with OP on a server being able to get IP's. In the case of discords this involves us not being able to moderate them, meaning they could be used to release players information and break our rules without consequence.

Considering Im sure this is related to Atom's ban, I feel like its important to mention that just about every discord of his Ive been in Ive seen information being leaked, and more. He is certainly no exception to this rule. I mean you could practically use his past discords as an example as to why this is in place and why its as strict as it is.

7. Torch

Torch Builder Builder

So you can keep players safe on peoples Instagram, Discord Accounts, Websites, Twitters, Snapchats, Skypes, Facebook, Github etc? That people are allowed to advertise on their profile.

No you can't.

Discord servers are no different, ban them all or not at all.

8. Salvation

Salvation Experienced Member

Adding someone on Discord is not the same as inviting someone you aren't friends with to your Discord server. If you're using the forums/MV Discord (randomly messaging users) to advertise your Discord, there's nothing Mineverse can do (except for not allowing advertising Discord servers to be advertised to begin with). However, with almost anything else, the Mineverse team can see what it is and delete it if necessary (ie ip loggers, phishing sites, inappropriate pages on social media/sites).

9. Torch

Torch Builder Builder

This is where you prove your own point wrong, if the staff team are so good they can single out inappropriate pages and ip loggers a simple discord server should be a walk in the park.

'Anything else" all have the ability to be used in a malicious way, no need to single out discord.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2020
    10. Salvation

Salvation Experienced Member

In MOST other things you advertise, ie a link that is an IP logger, the staff can just see it's an IP logger and delete it. But with a Discord Server, the staff team would have to constantly monitor it to make sure it isn't malicious so that its' link can stay on the forums/discord.

11. Torch

Torch Builder Builder

So if I link every single possible thing to my account (instagram,fb, yt etc) mods are going to check those daily for malicious things just like a discord? No they aren't, don't single out Discords.

12. WhyteDuck

WhyteDuck Boss Member

I am going neutral for this just because I don't feel like publicly advertising your discord whether it's for Minecraft or friends should be allowed.

Then again you have a point where someone could easily advertise too by linking their websites to their profiles, or even setting it as their statuses and this can't be stopped. So for now, I'm going with neutral just because I agree with some things and disagree with others.

13. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

No support ^^