x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Global Builder applications

Discussion in 'New Gamemode Ideas' started by Toad, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

I know that crew usually hand-picks his builders and they work on all of his servers. I know this might be pointless to suggest but there should be a builder application. A builder application would be just like the staff, youtuber, and streamer application but for builders. The community would help staff judge somebody's trustworthiness so they wouldn't toss out rare items or break the map.

Ideas for application template:
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      Your in-game name:
      What timezone are you in?
      What country do you live in?
      What languages do you speak?
      How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      Do you have experience with world edit?What are your top 5 favorite builds you have created?
      What punishments have you received in the last 9 months? (Forums & In-game)
      Do you have any past experience as a builder?
      Why should we trust you to be a builder?
      Why should we pick you to become a builder?

Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for builder listed below? Yes/No
      Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up?
      Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums?
      Do you have Skype and Discord for offline communication?
      What is your Discord tag?
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

2. Justin

Justin justin Premium

No support. I think this topic has been brought up before but it’s a little more complicated than just applying. All the builders are close with Noobcrew and have a good relationship with him. I believe builders receive OP so the person(s) who apply would have to be looked into beforehand exponentially more than your average player applying for say Moderator. In the end, not many would even be promoted because it’s not often that the server needs new builds. I think we’re fine with the current amount of builders because they are trustworthy and do their job great! Overall, the risks and cons outweigh the pros.

3. dune

dune Active Member

I think I made a thread similar to this and it got shut down. I want a way for people to apply for builder but like the hand-picking and the trust stuff I was never able to keep up with the argument that they could break the server whenever they want. To be honest, if they don't add a way for players to apply then the only other way I see it is to join the mineverse discord and message crew personally about why you want the role and what things you would build.

4. Tonya

Tonya Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. For instance, Crew could create let's say a super-flat world where the builders have the perms to warp to and build on. Therefore, there would be no need for the builders to be OP in the main MV server since they would build on the build server.

Essentially there are plugins that allow Crew to set permissions per server (per gamemode). Meaning, builders don't need to be OP to build whatsoever. They could be simply given permissions to build, use VoxelSniper, worldedit, etc on a specific build server.

Now, I'm not sure whether or not Crew decides to OP the builders, but regardless they don't have to be.

Anyway, I'm neutral about this, it would be pretty cool to see what some players have to offer.

5. Justin

Justin justin Premium

I understand that he can change their permissions— but he sets builders to OP from my understanding. My point still stands that it’s unnecessary either way though

6. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

I didn't really think about how a builder could destroy the server if they wanted to. I don't have a problem with the current builders either but I wish there could be more frequent updates to the maps like taking down old buildings and adding new ones. I also feel like build suggestions are often overlooked because people have more important priorities.

Like Tonya said a builder applicant could have their own super flat world where they could warp to to create builds and they would be taken more seriously. A builder trainee could build trust with crew and the staff team.

7. boba

boba Retired Administrator Premium

It’s not a bad idea but it’s not very necessary as Crew probably privately recruits builders and developers, by privately I mean without public applications. It’s a nice idea though and I don’t see why it wouldn’t be implemented, it also lets others know who’s applying for builder, shows how creative the builder applicant is, design skills and it would show who the community would like to see as a builder!

I’m neutral atm but I’m always willing to reconsider.

8. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

thanks for the feedback boba! Builder applications would allow crew to recognize great builders and would give him a chance to give them a background check just like all the current builders. Instead of crew coming to you, you go to him.

9. IceTheDonut

IceTheDonut Active Member

No support because I know you want builder toad I dont want to see your grubby little mushroom hands all over the map.

10. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

thanks for the constructive criticism

11. IceTheDonut

IceTheDonut Active Member

No problem buddy

12. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Not a bad idea but like people have said we have enough builders rn maybe if we were to need some in the future then this will become useful.

13. djryan

djryan Legendary Member Premium

I personally like the idea of democratizing builder as a rank, support.