x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NEW! Blocks Vs Zombies is back!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Noobcrew, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner

Blocks Vs Zombies is back!

Blocks Vs Zombies is a gamemode we first released on Mineverse around 2014. I discovered the old files and spent some time updating the core plugin improving game mechanics and adding features such as stats and leaderboards!

The gamemode is similar to the mobile game 'Plants Vs Zombies', where you must fight hoards of zombies before they destroy your barrier and eat your brains. You are able to use cannons, turrets, fences, and custom items such as summoning Iron Golems and more!

Let us know what you think and if you have any suggestions for improving the game even more!

Some of the new features below:
      1. Games no longer end after 20 minutes. They now are a 'Wave' based system similar to 'Call Of Duty Zombies', the game ends when you can no longer make it. This is so games are more difficult the longer you play and so players can rank up on the leaderboard attempting to reach the highest wave.

2. The barrier system was improved, previously if 3 zombies fell into the lava below the barrier would be destroyed. Now each zombie that falls equals 25% compared to 33%, and if there are zombies near the barrier, they will damage it 1% every 2-3 seconds per zombie. The goal of course is to make sure there are no zombies near the barrier. The barrier will also heal around 5-10% per wave compared to never re-generating before.

3. Stats were added showing your 'Highest Wave', 'Zombies Killed', 'Best KillStreak', 'Games Played', 'Arrows Shot', 'Arrows Hit', 'Total Points', and 'Total Waves Passed'.

4. Leaderboards were also added showing the top players for 'Highest Wave', 'Waves Passed', and 'Zombie Kills'.

5. Many bugs and issues were improved so gameplay should function smoothly.

6. The original spawn is still being used, though an infected Zombie head was built around the game board.

7. The amount of zombies that spawn have changed and are based on the 'Wave' system, starting from 'Wave 1', only a handful of zombies will spawn and each wave that progresses will add more to the count so that each wave is progressively harder.

8. 'Daily Rewards' of free Golden Ingots were added. Plugin for random lightning strikes of free Golden Ingots to a random player every 5 minutes also added.

9. Detailed scoreboard added in lobby, pre-game, and during game. The 'Barrier' health also is displayed on a boss bar when damaged. Improved messages for various game mechanics also added.

10. Games can be played solo, or with 2 or 3 players compared to the default 4 player teams before. The top row of games consist of these game types with the minimum players needed displayed. For best gameplay however, I highly recommend playing as a full 4 person team.

• Like Like x 6
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Cake Cake x 1
      • Cookie Cookie x 1
    2. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

1st thanks crew!

3. trinityy

trinityy stan boba Premium

wooo even tho I never played glad it’s back and improved

• Like Like x 1
    4. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

this is amazing crew i was so excited that i saw this notif and made this thread mid shower ong

• Like Like x 1
    5. bobalatte

bobalatte Retired Administrator Discord Leader Premium

amazing! thank you!

6. Novembree

Novembree Active Member

Thanks Crew and the Dev team! Looks amazing :)

7. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Awesome! infection soon? :happy:

8. luka : )

luka : ) Established Member

Happy to see some new stuff being rolled out! I'll be sure to check this out later

9. Malik Shahid

Malik Shahid Established Member

Impressive dedication.

10. Olieee

Olieee Established Member Premium

In my opinion i would have much rather seen infection, parkour, opprion release or kitpvp, oppvp update. I do believe that spending time on gamemodes that people actually asked for, would have been much better since i believe that "Earth" and this one going to end up being a gamemode that nobody plays. Noobcrew you should focus the time you spend in things people asked for, instead of new things. I think that would benefit the players more but thats just my opinion. I know that there is going to be kitpvp and oppvp reset soon but i would have much rather seen you put the time you spend on this gamemode in the ones we want instead.

• Like Like x 1
    11. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

Yesssss! Thank you Crew :D.

12. Jumpysha

Jumpysha Experienced Member

Thanks Crew! Now OP Prison

13. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

SO DELICIOUS THANKS

14. Dustyf@ll

Dustyf@ll Honorary Supporter Premium

NOOOOO my brains

15. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

We understand the demand for certain gamemodes and in the case of OP and Kit, work is going on already for them and you shouldn't have to wait too much longer. We would all love to see infection back but in order for it to work we need to get the player count back up because you need a minimum player count to start a match which is why it was removed in the first place but we of course understand the frustration.

• Like Like x 2