Anime

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Aly, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Aly

Aly Alchemist Premium

Thank you Scorv!
    I love how SAO is in there
    AAH I watched Violet Evergarden and I cried so much after it - currently watching Black Clover and it isn't thaat bad, not amazing but yeah
    w..what

2. Arararagi

Arararagi Kokorowatari

what "what"

3. WiiTarded

WiiTarded Experienced Member

oi oi monogatari is one of my favorite series
    Prove me wrong and tell me how I'm gonna effectively recommend it to someone who has only recently started watching anime

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  4. Arararagi

Arararagi Kokorowatari

I was joking. The anime is definitely awesome, but not for newcomers. Weeblets might be a little overwhelmed (':

It's certainly not an anime you can briefly explain to someone. Hell, when I started watching it, I had no idea where to start.

I still don't get why my post has been disliked

• Like Like x 1
  5. WiiTarded

me neither, have a like to balance it out tho

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Toad

Toad Experienced Member

7. Rasmus

Rasmus Moderator Moderator

List of animes, I've watched:
    yea I start watching anime

8. Arararagi

Arararagi Kokorowatari

This is my favourite thread so I will absolutely not allow it to die.

To anyone who likes the fantasy/medieval setting but isn't into fighting/war/elves and that kind of stuff, watch Spice and Wolf:

It's about Lawrence, a traveling merchant, who finds a nude girl with the ears and tail of a wolf asleep in his cart. She is Holo, a harvest goddess with an untamed beast lurking inside. Armed with his street smarts and her animal instincts, a simple peddler and a forgotten deity journey through the countryside while reaping the riches of happiness and exposing the bankruptcy which dwells in the human heart.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It definitely is a good anime, but surely not something you should watch if you want to relax, since the story is quite complicated and not all that easy to understand.

9. BigBrainMoves

BigBrainMoves Active Member

Do you have a suggestion for a calmer anime then?, I am a bit of a chill man.

10. Arararagi

Arararagi Kokorowatari

It's not that easy, because I have my tastes as well, and if there is an anime I don't really like I usually drop it.

Spice and Wolf is an adventure-romance anime, which makes it pretty fluent and chill I guess. It does have a couple of mad cliffhangers and that kept me from dropping it. Here are some of my top "calm" suggestions (NOTE: I understood this as something that involves little to no fighting, and focuses more on romance and drama):
    • Nisekoi: Basically about a couple who are forced to act like they're together even though they can't stand eachother. This is a comedy, not a drama.
    • Noragami: It's about a God who is fulfilling "job" for five yen apiece. This might sound a little confusing, but you'll get it after watching the first episode. This is a supernatural action anime.
    • Death Parade: The final judgement arrives after you die. It is a short but amazing mystery anime, and has one of the best openings ever (fight me).
    • A Silent Voice: It's about Shoya who bullied a deaf girl called Shoko in elementary school. Years later, Shoya feels strongly that he must see Shoko once again. This is a heart-warming romance drama.
    • Grand Blue Dreaming: Iori starts working part-time in the diving-club of his uncle. This one is ridiculous, watch it if you want to laugh your off.
    • Chuunibyou demo KOI ga ai!: Everybody has had that stage in their life where they have thought themselves to be special, different from the masses of ordinary humans. Though it might go a little overboard in Rikka Takanashi's case. This is a cure romance slice of life.
    I hope I could live up to your expectations. If you have a special genre in mind, let me know. These are some of the recent anime I've watched. Chances are, that you've already seen some of these, since they are pretty popular.

11. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Head Moderator Discord Team Leader Premium

Head Moderator
    Aly you should def watch MHA next. People may list it as a default mainstream anime, but it's for sure one of the better mainstream ones that keep delivering season after season. Both plot, action and character development wise. Swift would also approve. I'll be re-watching it w Accept soon too ;>

They're also airing another season in the end of 2020, so if you end up loving it there will always be more to enjoy and love

• Like Like x 1
  12. Clxrity

Clxrity Discord Moderator Discord Moderator

my list:

1. Your Name

thank u for reading

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Swift

Swift Developer Developer

Developer
    @Arararagi
    but can you suggest any anime that are similar to the following below?:
    My Hero Academia, Seven Deadly Sins, Blue Excorist or Attack on Titan?

I'm more into either the medieval/magic fantasy action anime or the superhero type.

14. WiiTarded

not the guy ur looking for but

Similar to the shows u mentioned:

MHA: Assassination classroom. main cast are also students in a class, and they get about the same amount of attention and relevance to the plot as the kids in mha.

Blue Exorcist: Soul Eater, they just gave off the same vibes despite art style being different, idk.

AoT: Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: it's an AoT clone that isn't half bad, animation is also nice

Otherwise just Bungou stray dogs, is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon, and maybe fire force.

Based on your last sentence you should try GATE, about japanese military invading medieval fantasy world. Has plenty of action and bits of politics/diplomacy and whatever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Swift

Developer
    Assassination Classroom is on my list so i'm likely to watch that soon, to believe it has a similar style of mha may increase my chances soon. I think soul eater also was on my list so sometime for that one too.
    Never heard of the others but i'll add them to my list as well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Qwiby

Qwiby Experienced Member Premium

Ive watched avatar the last airbender 6 times now

17. Swift

Developer
    [​IMG]

18. Qwiby

Qwiby Experienced Member Premium

SECRET TUNNELLLL

19. Swift