x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • EUR AcePvP / NounBanned Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by AcePvP, May 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Before I start my application I just want to give a quick introduction to me, Hey my name is James, most know me as ace and I like Nutella on toast and I drink tons of coffee.

Your in-game name:

AcePvP

What timezone are you in?

My Timezone is UK (GMT+1).

What country do you live in?

The country that I live in is England, Uk.

What languages do you speak?

English and I know little amounts of Spanish.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?

Yes, I have Fraps recording software which I use to make all of my hacker video reports and for my screenshotting software, I either use a snipping tool or Gyazo depending on what I want.

Why do you think you should become a mod?

There are many qualities that help me justify why I should become a mod, and before people argue that I'm not like this in-game such as not being mature, everyone makes jokes and gets salty when they die.

Un-bias:

The reason that I believe that I am un-bias is because before I do something or judge someone I always like to know both sides to a story because some people exaggerate or manipulate a story to make it seem that they are in the right, hence why I always question certain actions people take and I can see when both people are in the wrong and as bad as each other. Being un-bias means a lot to me as well as the fact that I make sure not just to take my friend's side and I always question the things they say even if they're wrong because that just makes you a good friend.

Helpful:

I find myself to be helpful to people both in-game and on the forums as recently on the forums I helped explain to someone what post farming was and explained to them what they were doing was wrong and just to make sure not to do it in the future. As well as this I find my self helpful in-game as any new players in-game or old players need help I tell them the basics, an example of this would be where are the voting crates or what are the kits or how to find dragon eggs.

Committed:

One of my main factors of wanting to become staff is because I am very committed to banning and reporting hackers on the server even if I spend 30m uploading a video to find out that they just got banned, not only and I committed to stopping hackers I am also committed to helping the EU player base as we lack a staff presence as most staff that play the server are USA timezones. The final thing that I am committed to being bettering myself as a person as no one is perfect and we all make mistakes and I like to believe in the better in people.

Mature: (when I need to be)

No one can really say that they are mature 100% of the time in chat, such as if you die or just cracking cringey jokes in chat I do all of this, but when I need to be mature and handle a situation I will; an example of this would be where I was joking around in chat and then all of a sudden bots came online spamming personal information or sending death threats or anything else like this I would instantly take a screenshot and report this to the forums and I have
      no intentions of stopping.

Honest:

I like to find my self an honest person as I have been in this application, I hate it when people lie to me it is probably one of my weakness because it annoys me so much, because of this I always like to be as honest as I can be with people and I always would like to say that I am a genuine person that doesn't lie.

Trustful: (Too trustful I just got scammed 2k on OPPvP)

Being trustful means a lot to me as I always view myself as trustworthy as I share many accounts with people even some of my own high ranked accounts (Of course not my main one Nounbanned) I like to believe I can trust people and this goes both ways as just today I trusted someone not to scam me and they did. To me I want this to go both ways is I like to find myself trusting people and I like myself to be trusted as well. - After the fact writing, this just wants to clear up that if I get staff all my account passwords will be changed and just a side note just to make sure 100% no one has access to NounBanned.

Active: (Too active for my own good xD)

I would like to say that I am an active player I play almost every day on OPPvP and sometimes on KitPvP, recently I have been extremely active and I am still very excited because of the reset of OPPvP and I have no plans of becoming inactive at any time.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

To start this question I just want to first state my college hours, On Tuesdays, I'm at college from 9 am to 1 pm - Wednesdays I am at college from 9 am to 5 pm

Weekdays I will be active from anywhere between 2-6 hours a day depending on my daily plans and what coursework I have to do. Weekends I can play anywhere between 4-8 hours depending on again if I have plans in real life.

The game mode that I play mainly is OPPvP so if you don't see me online on other servers its because this is the game mode I mainly play.

How long have you been playing Mineverse?

I began playing Mineverse in late 2014 on OPPvP on my original name Ace123jimbob but this was rare and I didn't really start playing until 2016 when I first started recording and uploading cringey kitpvp videos.

I have just recently returned from a break that I took from 2017 up until about 2 months ago when I started playing OPPvP again and Minecraft in general.

Have you ever been banned in the past?

I have never been banned on the forums.

Unfortunately I have been banned in-game probably around 4 times, Once I was banned for hacking when I was playing legit and I got unbanned about 3 hours later, The second time I was banned for for letting a banned player play on one of my accounts which he had access to months before he was banned and I appealed this and it was no longer perm banned and was banned for a month because I was letting a banned player play on it but I was allowed to continue playing on my main account by Cypriot, just as a punishment my other account was banned. The next time I was banned was for hacking on my alt to kill a hacker on kitpvp, now I understand that hacking on alts does not help the situation but I was doing it for a good cause but this was over 3 years ago and I have matured since then. The final time I was banned was about a week ago for "hacking" and then 6 hours later I was unbanned because I was not hacking and the evidence was fake.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

Yes, I do, I was a mod on a small server call blue craft for over 3 months an I believe I made it up to head-mod before I resigned, here is some evidence of this https://gyazo.com/3833f37fdb29b30068bbaa0e63b17105.

I know all the basic commands to temp ban clear chat etc, but any other commands that I will need to learn will come easy to me because I am such a fast learner.

Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below?

Yes, I have all the required steps to be able to apply for staff.

Do you have 50 Post Count?

Yes, I have over 100 posts on the forums.

Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up?

Yes, I have just set it up just before writing this.

Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums?

Yes, I have had this forum account for over 3 weeks just because I lost the email to my one that I made in 2016 which for those that will probably ask was called ace123jimbob.

Do you have Skype and Discord for offline communication?

I have discord as it is the main communication I have for all the people I play and talk with, my discord is Jamess#6410

For skype I have an account but rarely use it because I much better prefer discord.

Some extra information that I would like to give just to reference what I am going to be doing in the upcoming weeks is that today until June 4th I have time off college so expect me to be very active over this time, and I will be finishing college at the 20th of June and away to the summer we go. Finally, August 24th is my birthday and I will not be on this day most likely.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2019
    2. Purge

Purge Boss Member

Support, the application is very neat you would make a great mod! :)

3. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Thanks, I wrote this in notepad first because sometimes when I make posts they just delete and I have to start over, it took me so long to align everything and make sure they were all paragraphed correctly xD

4. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Neutral close to No Support.
      Three things.
      - This is the biggest thing I can not let slide after reading.. You share your accounts with other players? That is not allowed if you were to apply for moderator especially with the account that you were to get mod on.

- You account seems pretty new since it just has 100 posts and 3 weeks registered under it. I know you lost your other one but still..

- this last one isn't that huge but the bottom text is kinda hard to read in lime color text.

5. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Thanks for the feedback, as I stated in the post above I don't share my account with anybody the one that I am applying on and I never had, this is the one where I store all my items, and if I get mod I know that I am not allowed to share accounts and I will change all my passwords, for your second point I just checked and actually my account is actually coming up on 6 weeks old but I feel like I only made it recently xD, and I just have over 110 posts, now to me I don't like to post a lot unless I want to give my opinion on something or to say that I support and my reason behind it and I believe that it takes time to build up messages, I don't remember but my last account would of have over 100 messages most likely way more. For your last point, I just want to say that I always see people saying not enough color so I tried to add a lot of shades of pink ill edit it and make it more visible and again thanks for the feedback.

Not trying to double post, everytime i try and edit a post or the colour in the text about i get this
      The following error occurred:
      500 Internal Server Error
      nginx

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2019
    6. Swift

Swift Boss Member

I think you have to close the page and reopen it and then try when that happens that's what I have to do.

7. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Still doing it, but it lets me do it on my phone no worries

8. Vincent~

Vincent~ Experienced Member

Really well done app and you seem to fit the position. Support. Good luck! :)

9. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Thanks both of you, good luck on your app vincent as well

10. Vincent~

Vincent~ Experienced Member

You're welcome. Thank you.

11. Turtle.

Turtle. Experienced Member

Support, Very nice to me in game and on forums/discord. Looks like a great choice for moderator. :) Good Luck!

12. Emilly

Emilly Active Member

Support, I know you on a personal level and know that your intentions mean well and from all these mods resigning we need more mods anyways

13. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Both of you are really nice to me in-game and Emilly you always show me your cat which is so cute btw so your support both means a lot thanks <3

14. JustExposed

JustExposed Experienced Member

Me too :)
      Support active

15. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Thanks for your support, but the real question is do you like Nutella on toast

16. JustExposed

JustExposed Experienced Member

sumtimes ;o

17. louisC1402

louisC1402 Active Member

Support.

18. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Thanks, means a lot coming from you

19. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

no support sorry
      -You’ve quit a lot because of the server being toxic - can you handle criticism? How do we know you’re not just going to quit again?
      -Haven’t seen you recently. (Not a time zone issue)
      -You claim to share accounts - how do we not know you will willingly hand your account over to someone who isn’t staff? What if they cause damage to the server.

Good luck.

20. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Number 1 I played for 2 years straight and then quit for my GCSE's (in 2018), I came back 2 months ago and have been playing active ever since, you say you never see me online but yet I am a very active person so I am going to dispute this ask any other staff member like @Boobalyboo to see how active I am, I either play on my account NounBanned or CreeperEz and recently I have stated many times No One has ever and will never have access to NounBanned my main account so clearly you have not read my application clearly.

Thanks for the feedback though and hopefully I can change your mind.

May I ask where you got the "I quit the server for toxicity" Please as well.

Also another edit i changed all the passwords to my accounts anyways

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.