x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • [Infection Map] Rivers [Added]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Halex00, Sep 24, 2015.

?

Should this map be added to the infection map rotation?

1. Yes! It looks awesome!!

2. No, I don't really like it... (comment why)

3. It needs work (comment on what and I will consider it)

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Halex00

Halex00 Builder Builder

Hey guys its me again, Halex. Anyways lets cut to the chase, I built another map (first one being Coastal Cliff) which with great love I called Rivers. I was too lazy to upload a ton of screen shots this time round and along with the 15 uploads per thread limit, that just wouldn't work, so I just went ahead and made a quick little video and uploaded that to YouTube. I built this map by my self on the creative server at the coordinates x=-16016 and z=12172 but to quickly get to it type /p h:2 Halex00 . If you guys can like, comment, review, support or whatever else its all fun and good, I would appreciate that. I am still up for suggestions to add/remove certain aspects to my map and I hope you all like it!!! Thanks!
      -Halex

EDIT: Removed access to the roof of the house and removed access to the top of the custom tree closest to the graveyard.

Sorry, the video doesn't work anymore, I will remake it soon but for now just check out the plot on the creative server by typing /p h:2 Halex00

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    2. ~KingBwol~

~KingBwol~ Experienced Member

I love it!!!!! :) looks so fun!

3. Halex00

Halex00 Builder Builder

Thanks! ^

4. Scorv

Scorv Gaming Warlord Premium

Looks nice, but there are too many camping spots.

5. Halex00

Halex00 Builder Builder

which ones do you think should be removed

6. W0RD

W0RD Active Member

Support, but to get my full support, try and update the things listed below:
      Get rid of the notch/default trees. Good custom trees always help a build look better, yours is no exception.
      At the edge of the islands, use select the wood and use //replace oak oak:12 This will give you all sided oak wood, which looks far better in terms of quality.

Otherwise, looking nice, the houses are nice, the roofs are brilliant, I like the theme and the blazing campfire. Hope I helped, word.

7. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

It's a good map. But still i do think there a quite a few too many spots. Overawes
      Support

8. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

The iron bar parkour is kinda op btw.

9. Halex00

Halex00 Builder Builder

I made sure that the iron bar parkour had a way up on both sides, in the video when I jump down on those stone walls from the ship flame beacon, that's the parkour to get up there from that side. Thanks for the concern tho. ;)

10. Satanic

Satanic Active Member

No support. We don't need square maps. We need maps with shape.

11. Echoed_

Echoed_ Experienced Member

Have you ever been on the creative server? The plots are square .-.
      Support.

12. Scorv

Scorv Gaming Warlord Premium

To be honest, Infection doesn't need any more maps like Coastal Cliff, with only having three camping spots where everyone goes.

Take out the fire parkour and the other way to get to that building on the side. It will be better with less camping that is just unfair, which makes it not fun.

13. Tsunderes

Tsunderes Experienced Member

Whenever I say that there are too many "op" spots or this is human biased or too much camping, I get so much hate.

14. Satanic

Satanic Active Member

Doesn't mean you can't make round maps

15. finchy

finchy Experienced Member

No support.

It is a very nice build, but I never really was fond of the Coastal Cliff map. Everyone makes a beeline to camping spots where the ladders are and on the bedrock. As Scorvix stated, there are too many places to camp.

16. Halex00

Halex00 Builder Builder

I have read all your comments and I removed the camping spot in the tree by the graveyard and the roof access to the house. I kept the fire parkour and the iron bars because on the other end of the iron bars where the stone tower was, there is also parkour to get up that, sorry I didn't make it very clear in the video but If I removed one, I would have to remove both because I needed 2 ways up to those spots. The reason I didn't just get rid of the fire and the stone tower parkour is because if I did that, there would be no point in going onto that entire half of the map. Thank you for all the reviews and keep them coming!

17. Halex00

Halex00 Builder Builder

I asked Cypriotmerkz about circular maps when he asked me to come online to tell him where the spawn was for coastal cliff. He said that if somebody made a circular map on the creative plot, it would be too small for him to consider adding unless the lost space was made up in vertical height. Also it is a tad too late for me to change the entire shape of the map :p. Thanks for the review tho.

18. Halex00

Halex00 Builder Builder

When coastal cliff got added, I realized my flaws with the bedrock and the ladder on ship mast and I made sure not to replicate those errors on this map. As you can see there is no bedrock that people can just shift on the edge of and the only ladder on the map is leading to the attic in the house and it is in a corner so zombies can't just be hit off. Thanks for the concern tho.

19. Halex00

Halex00 Builder Builder

Thanks for reminding me on the //replace oak oak:12 command, I remembered to do that on the dark oak trees but not the normal oak ones. I am going to keep the default sapling grown trees because A: The plot is too small for a decent custom tree in each of those spots and if I remove the trees, it will feel too empty. B: I did not plan on making custom trees in those spots so if I tried to fit on there it would look awkward and out of place. And C: I am far too lazy to make that many custom trees for a map that small XD sorry but its true. I did use the //replace command to fix the logs on all the oak log trees including the small default ones. Thanks for the suggestions :)

20. onesquad

onesquad i am your dad Premium

It look exactly like /p h Robisgreat10... Thats his build, you basically copied it...

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.