x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Global Screenshare

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sedt, May 26, 2023.

1. Sedt

Sedt Active Member

Train staff members to screenshare or implement the echo tool.

What are echo scans?
      Echo can easily determine if a player is cheating faster, more accurate, and much better than others. It has advanced detections for many cheats, and broad detections for custom cheats.
      Echo security
      Your data is as secure as it can be, we protect your password with Argon 2 and all of our security is in line with current cybersecurity technologies. Your data is transferred encrypted channels, so it is impossible for an attacker to read your data while transferred.

What do we log at Echo?
      Here at Echo we log the absolute minimum to ensure you have an extremely detailed forensic analysis result. We store data types such as IP addresses, hardware identifiers, recent program usage, the memory from processes on the computer as well as login activity. All of these are very important to determining if a player could be cheating or not, and we try to log less every update.

Youtubers using echo
      Meezoid
      headed

and a lot more

and alot of big servers

• Neutral Neutral x 1
      • No Support No Support x 1
      Last edited: May 27, 2023
    2. nymph

nymph Established Member

For?.. More explanation please

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

I feel like it’s too late to implement screen-sharing as there’s been several ways to bypass it for years now. Plus the way we operate against cheaters is we ban with sufficient evidence. In my opinion we have quite a low staff count at the moment and we can’t dedicate time to screen-sharing one person and it’s too much time wasted. There are always going to be cheaters so they’ll be banned eventually.

The Echo Tool does seem interesting though and maybe we can finally tweak the anti-cheat in a way where it’s actually noticeable and works as it’s had issues for years now.

For anyone that is unsure of what Echo Tool is, it’s basically a software that speeds up the process of a usual manual screen-share. Scans for things that are bannable on the server instead of staff manually searching the users PC for clients and stuff. Would be cool to maybe get a hold of it and put it to the test but I think only higher ups should have access to it, Head Mods and above.

Here’s an example of what an Echo Scan would look like. It would search the user through the servers database (nothing confidential) and come back with a result. This example detected hacked clients and small EXP hacks in the players files and it tells you. Whether or not it’s 100% accurate I’m not sure but it has built a solid reputation since its release.

https://scan.echo.ac/58268929-70ba-4137-8d88-87451ae8a1c2

• Agree Agree x 1
      Last edited: May 26, 2023
    4. Throwaway2022

Throwaway2022 Established Member

Complete breach of privacy. Remember it is just a video game. Downloading software with full kernel access just so some minecraft mod can prove whether you’re cheating or not, is pathetic. It’s not open source so you have no clue what the software is logging other than what the devs say. Any ban is worth it over having your entire PCs processes dumped to Echo.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
    5. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

I agree with this actually. I feel like screen-sharing is just a waste of time nowadays. If there’s sufficient evidence against a player they will be punished.

6. Sedt

Sedt Active Member

hahaha all the cheaters saying its a breach of privacy everyone. Echo is a safe system

I showed staff members discord screenshots of players vape clients with their ign of the side of their screen what is the point of playing as a legit player anymore if you guys do nothing about ghost clients

Cheater tried BYPASSING Screen Share with FAKE Scan! - YouTube

i definitely think noobcrew and the admins should research the echo screensharing tool

wrote a big more

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2023
    7. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

You seem annoying and conceited

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Sedt

Sedt Active Member

love

9. inh

inh Discord Moderator Discord Moderator

idk, privacy in this day and age is even more important. I will not share any more than I have to and that is still not enough of a guard.

Further, this is not a competitive server where (sizable) cash prizes are being awarded (yet?). Validation is more a demand/importance in the pro arena eh?

Currently, the over all attendance, players logging into the server and repeated play just isn't that large. A certain ease in dialing into a destructive player is highly visible at this time (imho)

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Malik Shahid

Malik Shahid Established Member

Minecraft Java is a dead game and screensharing violates peoples' privacy. Maybe a couple years back it would have been a good idea to look into methods to catch hackers but it honestly isn't worth it anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2