x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Mineverse: A Server that refuses to die...

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by welldarn, Mar 31, 2023.

1. welldarn

welldarn Experienced Member

Now before I get started, I request that you read the whole thing before replying. Thank you.

Oh Mineverse. Where to I even begin... Its 2013, and I start up Minecraft. I had been a pretty normal player of Mineplex at the time, and I loved playing with my friends after school on our laptops/talking via Skype. I was on youtube on my old iPod touch , and I noticed a video of a guy playing PVP. KitPVP. ON MINEVERSE. Anyway, I was intrigues, and I booted up the game, and I started playing kitpvp. I was on that server for hours not even realizing that I had missed like 4 Skype calls from my buddies and they had logged onto Mineplex without me. I didn't care. I was having too much fun.

Fast forward a few years later, and I had a forums account, was rising through the ranks to get better kits, and saw an interesting "Coming Soon" banner on the old lobby. It was GTA. This would be a very important addition to Mineverse in my life, as I would main it from that time, to the time it finally got deleted from the server. I remember going to the edge of the map to try and get rares (items that were unobtainable) and losing donor weapons from people ddossing you. In fact I am bold enough to say I was the King of Mineverse GTA for some time. However this was not the case when I first logged into the game. There was a player (Who I rember his user case sensitive to this day) DarkXxKiller29 who held that title. We were good friends during our stint on the server, and I would be his number 2 until he quit.

Throughout this time I remember playing infection, skywars, OPPVP, the new KitPVP which later turned into the OldKitPVP which then became the Original KitPVP and so on, and both prison and OpPrison. I also remember wanting to apply for Moderator throughout the years and years I have played this server, but I was never active on the forums, and didn't think I would get a shot. I'm still deciding if I want to reapply, and spend more time on the server trying to restore it to its former glory, but that's a topic for another thread.

All in all, throughout the stint of time this server has been running, I thought for sure it would be shut down, or go to 0 players or just be a dead server entirely, but it never has. It has stood the test of time to become a very big place of nostalgia that I can constantly come back to and remember what most people call...

The Golden Age of Mineverse.

• Like Like x 5
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
    2. EveramSyndicate

EveramSyndicate Active Member

If you login to the server right now and look for the number of players online you'll find 5 bots afk in lobby1, 5+ bots afk on skywars, 2-4 people afk on survival for their farms, and maybe 2-3 active players on survival. This isn't even the most dead it has been in the past year, but it certainly died a long time ago and noobcrew added bots to make it seem more popular.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    3. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Mineverse will always hold a place in all of our hearts hence why some of us are still around no matter how much time passes. It's sad to see it died down but we're working to come back stronger than ever with the revamp of the popular game mode OpPvP. I still have hope Mineverse will make a comeback, whether it's soon or in a little while, things like this take time.

I had a blast playing Mineverse over the years and had a good run on it, I managed to build a YouTube channel just around Mineverse which did surprisingly well and I kept my videos public for the pure purpose of players using it as a source of nostalgia over the years of the most active days of the server.

It's struggling right now but it's not the end, not yet. I have quit temporarily for now but I'll always help out when I can and come back for anything the server has to offer.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

The AFK survival players:
      [​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    5. Dustyf@ll

Dustyf@ll Honorary Supporter Premium

BIG afk with bobs recent weding right @boba

• Funny Funny x 1
    6. bobalatte

bobalatte Retired Administrator Discord Leader Premium

that was not a wedding… that was a music night !!

7. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Damn, this brings back some good memories. I also played from the near start until the very end. I still often randomly think about going to the world edge and using blink hacks to mine iron, wood, and all the other valuable materials along with signcrashing fools for all their donor weapons. I wonder if you were one of the people I crashed lol. That, alongside the server crashes near the end of life of the gamemode that would spawn creepers and other mobs, were probably the peak times on GTA for me and memories I still hold extremely fondly.

Near the end of the gamemode, I must have had stacks of coal and logs, multiple feathers, 10+ gunpowders, and tons of other random that got wiped out.

What was your ign? I played under names like Boodge100 or my SniffMyToes account and wonder if you recognize either of my account names. I usually played with my brother, BigDaveBigDave (@BigDave) so you might possibly remember him as well. I definitely remember DarkxxKiller being a big name on GTA when I played.

8. welldarn

I remember you definitely via your “SniffMyToes” IGN. And i definitely could have been one of the people you crashed lol. Probably some of the best memories I have are coming home from school and hopping on that server to mess around and get stuff. I to this day remember the rarest thing I had because I still don’t know how I got it to this day. It was a, “Cobblestone Wood Slab.” No that’s not a typo. And yes, you read that right. There wasn’t a texture for it so it was that big checkered, purple and black block and it was huge in my hand lol. I even did /hat with an a few times. Good times for sure. And for reference, I was, ItsStriker!

• Like Like x 1
    9. dopee

dopee Moderator Moderator

I aswell have high hopes for Mineverse to make a comeback. It was my older brother that introduced me to Mineverse and fron the secound i played it i judt loved how OpPvp worked, the floating spawn, everything was diffrent from the other servers. I was rather young when i played at the start (about 6 y.o i think) however since my brother introduced me to Mineverse ive since met so many wonderfull and smart people up through the years and i hope it will become somewhat it used to be. Forever greatfull for all memories it has given me and i hope it brings more in the future.

10. welldarn

Absolutely love this reply and agree wholeheartedly!

11. nymph

nymph Established Member

Was this before or after you violated me with your "poems"? <3

• Funny Funny x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    12. Jaden/eoqa

Jaden/eoqa Active Member

bunch of memories during mineverse factions, like when I first got scammed while trading this guy ender-pearls for some Prot 4, gave him half the pearls and he dipped, 8 year old me was crushed haha

• Funny Funny x 1
    13. welldarn

Haha! I have all sorts of stories about getting scammed as a kid and how crushed I ended up being because of it.

14. EveramSyndicate

the fact that 10 people being active on survival is a big deal is a testament to how dead the server is.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    15. XOXO

XOXO Well-Known Member

Had a pretty similar experience. I remember I used to play OP PvP a lot and knew all the active players back in 2013-2016, where everyone would just hang around at the club near that bridge. It helped me unwind and really just allowed me to escape real life haha. Now I'm old and I always think back to my time here in Mineverse. I occasionally log on to the forums to see if any of my old friends would ever reach out to me. Anyways, I love hearing stories of how special it was for everyone who played during that time.

• Like Like x 1
    16. welldarn

I disagree. Just because the server is a lot smaller than it once was doesn't mean there is not still an active player base. Myself, @boba @i_am_youtuber @itchynosehair, @dopee @Soph, and @PurifiedSpectre just to name a few from Survival. Plus the memories we take with us even long after the server goes dark is a testament to how the server will never die as long as it is in our hearts.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
      Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
    17. EveramSyndicate

The issue i have isn't really that the server is dead compared to its past, its more the fact that noobcrew did things to actively lower the playerbase, his mistakes and bad decisions with survival and earth last year caused dozens of players to quit, the current playerbase could be 3x what it is if he hadn't messed it up when survival and earth launched

• Salt Salt x 1
    18. welldarn

What did he do to mess it up per say? Because I honestly don't know what you're referring to.

19. Malik Shahid

Malik Shahid Established Member

The server died a while back. They used to allow you to rage hack back around 2019. What happened to the server was "noobcrew" as you call him, decided to implement another anti cheat that prevented hvh across the server. This was around the time that the pandemic came around so there was no difference in the playerbase since people were stuck inside. Once everything started to open up, people slowly started leaving the server until it quite literally reached 0 players (not including the bots of course). The server was only really fun when you could hit other people from across the map and bot farm late at night. Thats why everyone left.

20. nymph

nymph Established Member

The implementation of a stronger anti-cheat system was necessary to maintain the fairness and legitimacy of the gameplay experience. While it's unfortunate that some players may have left as a result, it's important to prioritize the overall health and sustainability of the server.

It's understandable that you may be disappointed with the changes made to Mineverse server and how they have affected your gameplay experience. However, it's important to remember that different players have different preferences when it comes to gamemodes and mechanics.
      While the Survival and Earth gamemodes may not have been to your liking, they may have been enjoyable for other players.

• Winner Winner x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Poop Poop x 1