x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Inactive Dusty :D

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Dustyf@ll, Jul 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Dustyf@ll

Dustyf@ll Honorary Supporter Premium

Hello everyone, i hope you all have had a wonderful day or night or whatever time you tune in to read this random person applying in mod applications. This application inspiration was blessed and presented to me by the wonderful Sando3! My name ign currently is "DustyFall" my previous name was Soney_U_Burst which i join in 2013 and was sadly hacked in 2018 and never have changed an ingame name ever since coming back in. i took a 2 year period off for school and family when they needed me the most during 2018-2020. i remember the good old chat rants on how we have to scroll in chat to find the conversation to a person we message. The gamemodes back then i played were archerpvp-kitpvp-oppvp-factions-opprizion-skyblock-bedwars-skywars-survival in and out and quite fallen in love with the wonderful community. i came back on really actively recently and currently have a 10-11 month voting streak and noticed the player base has been lacking communication. Since coming back on the server ive reported dozens of hackers. i hope i can help out when i become a mod and be a thought some things so i can either fix or help give it a shot on rebuilding the community that i enjoyed playing in my childhood.

My main intention of really pushing and placing this mod application is to be a voting coordinator or something around the lines of that dude to the fact that i understand 90 percent of the player base side of voting but there are always voting problems that i have concerns on and i think it's a systematic problem. i had some problems i addressed to janice about but i never got replies or feedback so i can't wait for the future! i hope to see you all in game or whatever platform we encounter in :D

In kind regards -DustyFall

Your in-game name: DustyFall

What timezone are you in? PST, CST, and EST is the best i don't really have a time zone i am a flexible person i move around states alot but i tend to love the west coast and have a lot of free time

What country do you live in? The wonderful United States

What languages do you speak? I speak mainly english and Taiwanese. im in the process of fully mastering the original mandarin and several learning foreign languages (spanish, ASL "american sign language",and korean) one of my goals in life is to understand how each culture lives and interacts in a verbal base.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc) Yes i do i have recorded, reported and banned many hackers.

Why do you think you should become a mod? i really haven't thought of becoming a mod until sando reached out to me in Discord PMs he's been really my motivational boost to even apply for this position seeing the depletion of the server made me want to act and become a mod to see whats wrong deeper in the system and try to at least help to revive it. the key points sando noted in my discord pms were my consistency, I love you sando with all respects and all the wholesome things you have done with this lovely server. There also rent who gave me courage to apply for mod. There's also janice who i saw grow up the ranks made a wonderful inspiration for me and a wonder icon to follow.

How long can you be active on the server everyday? im active almost 2-3 hours every day quite frankly. i hop on during my lunch time during school off school i generally take about 1 hour of homework time then straight online for another hour maybe even more! I got a private work study opportunity presented to me about 2 months ago and been working extra online so i might be able to be online even longer so it's quite amazing! since there's also the voting streak i think i would say quite an active player.

How long have you been playing Mineverse? I would say about 8 years now due to time of the break in 2018-2020 i still hoped in and out of the server.

What punishments have you received in the last 9 months? Punishments i dont think ive been banned or even muted on anything as the amount of time i have been playing in game. Recently there has been a miscommunication in discord that resultly ended me a ban from discord and falsely banned for the suspicious wording. I was unbanned from discord for tagging mods supposedly but it was all dandy.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator? I have moderated for a small friends server once back in 2016. small server around 100-150 player base not so huge like mineverse but im down to learn!

Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below? Yes

Do you have 50 Post Count? Yes

Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up? Yes

Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums? Yes

Do you have Skype and Discord for offline communication? Yes

What is your Discord tag? Rizzo#0245

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    2. bre

bre Active Member

Personally, I'm kind of leaning towards no support. The app seems super rushed, as I see several pretty basic and easy to spot grammar mistakes, and overall, as someone who would say is a friend of yours, I would say you don't seem fit to be staff. In a way, you seem to want to focus more on the voting aspect of things, rather than in-game and the actual gameplay. Unrelated, you don't like meatballs as well as you've never had a meatball which is an overall red flag. But back to the topic, sorry dusty but no support.

Edit- Just saw ss's of you being racist; another reason I don't support. Disappointed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    3. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

I’m neutral.

:slightsmile: You’re active on survival.

:frowning: Your application has many grammatical errors.

:frowning: This bit seems unnecessarily harsh.

Understandable. I think you should edit it though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2022
    4. Dustyf@ll

Understandable thanks for the feedback i have actually drafted this post long ago when sando messaged me back then i just never got the courage to really post about it here's the sandos dms embedded recently just rent talked to me about it again so why not slap it down for real. My personal grammar i always questioned myself as well but know that a person that is not born to english speaking and mastered the language is a good accomplishment :D as the good Bernard Kelvin Clive wrote, "the secret to success is patience, a virtue that cannot replace. it takes time to build great dreams.

Sorry teeb this was really drafted before the admin switch :( just copy and pasted when there was that empty part of the server before janice left.

Edited :D thx for the suggestion also sorry for the grammar still dont 100 percent know the english grammar rules in the english language but always learning

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2022
    5. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Please try and reply to feedback all at once rather than replying to each comment individually as it's Double Posting and is not allowed but it's okay as I have merged them together for you.

Also, I will be giving my opinion/feedback on this app when it has more feedback so I can gather together a good and reasonable decision.

:disguised:

6. Tonya

Tonya Well-Known Member

Hey Dusty,
      I don't play much Mineverse anymore but I see that you're fairly active on forums. You seem like a genuinely nice person who is interested in bettering the community. Sure you have some grammatical mistakes, but I don't believe that takes away from who you are.

Support! Good luck

7. boba

boba Retired Administrator Premium

Hi Dusty!

First off it's great to see you applying. I haven't had proper conversations with you, however whenever we've chatted, even if it was for 0.01 seconds, you've been very sweet and friendly. At the moment, I'd like to stick to neutral for the following reasons.

[+] You are semi-active in-game from what I've seen, which is good for a moderator, however room for improvement is always there.
      [+] You make an okay amount of reports, but from what I've seen recently, some lack evidence, so it's good if you could try to understand what softwares to use when, and to improve the amount of reports you make (I get that sometimes there aren't even people to report!)

[-] Your Discord activity is quite low, and this is something I would improve on. The Discord server is a platform which will be used a lot for moderation. From answering questions in #help, to just showing that you're an active staff by conversing with others there.
      [-] Your Discord ban was not as serious, but was for trolling. While it seemed like a funny joke, I think you should develop the difference between professionalism and having fun. Some instances require you to be a mature person, so try to build on that.
      [-] The last time I was in-game, you were a bit rude to a person and deliberately trying to prove them wrong (RE: Squirth0le69's crop hopper). I think this was quite unnecessary, and you could've been a bit more polite in my opinion.

Overall, you seem like a good candidate, but just try to improve on the little things. Good luck! :cowboy:

8. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

I'm concerned about your ability to differ between legit and cheating players.

9. SillySheeps

SillySheeps Established Member

DUSTY!
      I stopped playing here a while ago, but I've seen you online nearly everyday for multiple hours and you also are active on the forums! I've never seen you being mean to someone and I really think you are interested in making this server a better place, as I saw many suggestions and other helpful threads created by you!!!!!

SUPPORT OFC!

10. Vill

Vill Established Member

I've talked a lot with you on skyblock as i don't play anywhere else. You help out a lot when people are in need of help. You're a great person but a few times you have been rude to others and acted unprofessionally. Very rarely.
      I think you're on the right track but right now i don't think you're 100% ready for the job.

Neutral for now. Like boba said, it's just the little things.

11. Crazytaco

Crazytaco Well-Known Member

I'm going to support your application. While there are some grammar errors, personally it doesn't bother me, especially since you have knowledge in so many other languages. As long as someone can understand what you’re saying! Also on that note, if you just copy and paste your application into a word processing program it should suggest grammar and spelling corrections for you.

I think it's great that you are consistently recording and reporting players who you deem to be breaking the rules and appreciate that.

Personally, I would like to see a better formatted application but that is not required for the process. I know some people are minimalist which is completely fine!

Sando is a great friend and if he recommended you apply then I trust you are the right person for the job.

One thing that I believe people need to understand about moderator applications is that no one is going to be perfect starting in this position. Technically anyone can do the job, the key factor that I see is if the person is willing to learn how to do the job and do it properly. Based on this application I can see that you have the dedication and you do have what it takes. Just because your application is not the best doesn't mean you cannot learn and grow.

Best of luck!

-Taco

12. Dustyf@ll

understandable
      thanks for your kind words :D i hope you have a blessed day or night or whatever the time is.
      Boba Noted stepping into the right direction and improvement is always a thing i want to do. i might need guidance but im sure i can find resources to help. thanks!
      Porky reports i do, i show concern and am always hesitant to even make ban report that might be a bad thing to be honest. the reason im even hesitant to report is because the player base is so small but when something hits me wrong i make the report generally when i know its blatant i pop the report but anything else i generally don't challenge a decision. of mods i can also always refer to a higher up mod of the uncertainty of a ban or fellow mods recently on line ive seen teeeb and rent.

SILLY SHEEP I MISS YOU BUD rip your account but you will always be my first mv discord pal

Villmert thanks for your words and im sure time will always better me though experenice and more knowledge

crazytaco thanks for the kind words and the support but i've been tabbing over the other post please dont show negativity towards other people opinions please and thanks

13. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

It's not just about reporting the player. Over the last 3 months, about 71% of your reports are marked as Lack of Evidence; as a staff member your accuracy must be higher than this. Considering some of these bans are generally blatant in your opinion, you should be able to differ between non-blatant and blatant cheating.
      This isn't always possible.

14. rent

Okay after reading some of what other people are saying I'm going to go with Neutral but I also have my own reason(s).

I've seen a lot of comments about your activity recently which is good but not in the discord which Boba mentioned. I'm going to be brutally honest with you, when I first applied back in lockdown I had barely any discord activity and didn't even bother improving it while I was applying. Even when I recently came back and applied I barely used discord, although it would be beneficial to be active in the discord I wouldn't say it's absolutely needed.

As well as being rude in-game, I'm rude all the time, always have been but in a joking way. After being in a voice call with you the other night you did seem quite nice so I don't think being 'rude' at times is an absolutely crucial thing that will affect your application. No staff member is perfect, we all have imperfections, especially in-game, and we're all rude sometimes but that's just the Mineverse community and it's banter.

I'm not sugarcoating anything in this reply I'm being completely honest and I do think you would be a good fit if you worked on some of the things others have listed and do not worry too much about your activity at all just don't like... quit out of nowhere haha.

There's not much from me to be honest other than try and engage more on forums and discord to reassure the community that you're not just active in-game, yes it's not really needed but the more activity the better. Also, try to limit how rude you are in-game, it's fun at times but some people are snowflakes so it can get out of hand very easily.

Best of luck!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
    15. Crazytaco

Crazytaco Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where I'm being negative or showing negativity???

16. Frez

Frez Active Member

Support

You're a passionate player and will dedicate yourself to the server

I'm sure with the right guidance you will improve skills to identify cheating players, all pvp mods had to learn someway

Keep up your activity and love of the game!
      Youd make a great staff member

17. rent

Changing to Support good luck!

18. dune

dune Active Member

No support. Not even close to being ready.
      Edit - Also a racist.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    19. Dustyf@ll

Okay cool :D thanks for the support
      Taco Sorry I think i might have tagged the wrong person or something sorry thanks for the support :D
      Frez so sweet words thanks!
      I honesty don't know who you are in game or in discord or in forums. I wish it will ring a bell in the future as well and also racist? Can you provide some info privately please don't know how I'm racist to you. Let me know the discord tag is Rizzo#0245 "this is an edit" XD googleaccount is funny bruh should have known i had to background check you.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.