x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Survival Add Local Chat to Survival 1.18.2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Novembree, May 16, 2022.

1. Novembree

Novembree Active Member

My suggestion is simple, please add local chat (/cl) to the new 1.18.2 survival server!

It has many uses; the most common being when you’re playing with friends who aren’t all in your party you could use local chat to communicate so you don’t clog up the main chat with your banter.

It can be rather annoying to talk otherwise, as your messages to friends often get lost in the everyday chat.

Thanks for your consideration!
      - Bree​

2. Dustyf@ll

Dustyf@ll Honorary Supporter Premium

Highly support! What a wonderful idea i would also like to add and addition if there is a bypass like a user tags you in another chat it will also show.

3. Brendunce

Brendunce Active Member

Support, maybe the local chat could be a different color that pops out more so that you can see both chats but can easily tell what's going on in your local chat.

4. boba

boba Retired Administrator Discord Leader Premium

how would this work? like would /cl only work in a claimed area and only those who are in it can see the messages or would it work in a certain block circumference (look at me with my fancy words)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    5. Dustyf@ll

Dustyf@ll Honorary Supporter Premium

i think this command should be just /party (name you want to party with) ./party (accept) (name of sender) /pc to toggle the party chat

6. Novembree

Novembree Active Member

I think you should be able to remain be in global chat and use /cl <your message here> like it works on skyblock.com. This way, you're still in global chat (and able to see what's going on) but you can chat locally as well. This is how I use local chat on Crew's other servers.

Agreed! That's why /cl <your message here> would be good, so the option is there to stay in global while still being able to use local chat. Players that want to ignore chat completely can go into just local chat and have it filter out global.

I think this is a good idea as well! Just the [Local] prefix in a different colour perhaps?

No, it wouldn't only work in a claimed area. I think it should work in a circumference so anyone who passes by, trusted or not, can be included in the chat.

They do have the party option on survival 1.18.2 already, but it acts (or rather is used) more like a coop chat rather than a party chat. If you join a party with players currently, your party isn't dismantled when the party leader goes offline like a party would normally work. Hence why it is used as a coop chat more often.

If this doesn't make sense let me know c:

7. Chatoyer

Chatoyer Member

For this server, I dont think thats possible. The plugins they use (except for the non AAC anti cheat) are downloaded off public plugin websites. Some of the plugins I used on my minehut server are identical to those of this server's. I'm inclined to believe that they then proceed to change the color codes in the texts to make the plugins look more original. However, they could just be changing the colors to match the server colors.
      Ex: The normal color codes for the warp plugin are &6 (gold) and &c (light red) but this server changed the color codes to &b (light blue) and &d (pink). I don't remember if these are the correct color codes as I haven't been on minecraft in over 3 months now so I left in parenthesis what I believe the colors are.

Other than the minor issue the server has with inexperienced devs I support this post because obviously it seems like a great idea to invest more time into a server that averages 10 botted accounts so I'm going to have to lean towards support on this one.

8. Derpxy

Derpxy Active Member

Mega Support, Really Like the idea - maybe back in old creative if anyone remembers where we had plot chats & party chats we have local chats :)
      hope its possible!