x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Partially Implemented Games Night

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Chipemunk, Jun 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Chipemunk

Chipemunk twink

We
      487E3672-86F0-491D-99C4-49FDA03A1441.jpeg
      played among us last weekend and it was a lot of fun and could be a regular thing to bring the community together. It could be on the weekend where movie nights are not on.
      I think it’s a good idea because :
      1. It’s not as hard to set up for the admin/discord staff member
      2. It’s discussion based meaning it’s more interactive - and furthermore especially coming from a community who are interested in gaming. I think it was especially popular as it drew people to ‘join in’.
      3. It doesn’t require someone to stay for the duration of the movie - it’s flexible to the people that want to join but not stay around for long because they may have commitments. but unlike the karaoke night there’s an actual activity. Also when the majority of people have to leave it ends.
      Now a discord event may not be seen as important to a lot of people but the discord has essentially replaced the forums with the community interaction. These events bring the community closer, which is, what mineverse is now. It’s what it should focus on which is what @Sando3 really helped when focusing on improving the discord and making sure it’s as interactive as possible for the community. Player counts may not be as high as they were for mineverse BUT there is now more than ever a community of players (past and present) who largely make up mineverse. The discord is the place for this community feel to grow.

2. Salvation

Salvation Experienced Member

Support. I love Among Us & MEN!!!!

3. Agentyy

Agentyy Well-Known Member

4. Ref

Ref Active Member

Support

5. Quertiss

Quertiss Retired Head Mod

Support but only if @Agentyy isn't there

6. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

Neutral -

The discord team are extremely busy, most of us with full time jobs, meaning sometimes not all of us can even make it to the movie nights (hosted every other week). Adding another thing for us to organise, attend and moderate would just be too much work for us all in my opinion.

Furthermore, I prefer when game nights are spontaneous - having little Gartic Phone / Among Us games after a movie night, joining a VC and tagging to see if a few friends are available, and even other members of the discord asking days/hours in advance if anyone wants to play are all perfectly fine, I don't see why games should have to be organised by the discord team when anyone is capable of asking people to come and play.

Having officially scheduled game nights may work for some, but for those who physically cannot attend due to it being on a time where they may have work/other arrangements, it wouldn't be the best idea. Instead, if players want to play with other discord users, they could simply ping a few friends and ask if they want to play. Like the rules say, feel free to play other servers/games in VC as long as there's no mentioning of IPs in chat.

7. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

Yo Chipe,

I've sort of implemented this, just not as an official "game night" type of thing.

You can now assign yourself a "Gamer" role in the new discord:
      [​IMG]

This role isn't pingable by non-staff members, however, if we have a sort of unofficial game night where we're looking for people to play, we will ping this role.

Thanks for the idea! Let me know if you have any more suggestions/ideas regarding this particular game night concept or anything for the new discord in general.

(Join the new discord: https://discord.gg/mineverse)

8. Janice

Janice Retired Admin | Max's Mentee Premium

Thank you for submitting your suggestion. We have decided that we will be partially implementing this suggestion.

Should you have any more suggestions or feedback for how we may improve the network, please feel free to create another thread.

Thread moved to archives.

Regards,
      The Staff

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.